VOTE: Shrub in 04

Old November 19th, 2003, 04:47 AM
jjp

Default VOTE: Shrub in 04

"None" wrote in message link.net...
George W. Bush, For the Record:

I replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog-ridden city in America.

I'm getting really tired of Houston being used as a political punching
bag. First it was TV campaign commercials and political conventions.
Now it's this stupid resume going around.

Ozone is only one component of air pollution; there are five others,
according to the EPA. Houston surpassed L.A. in ozone only (not other
kinds of air pollution or pollution overall) and only in 1999-2000.

These will be of interest:

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m12.../article.jhtml
"Anyone who claims that Houston's smog problems are equal to or worse
than L.A.'s is misinformed," says Kay Jones, a former EPA official who
now consults on air quality."

http://www.dallasnews.com/texas_sout....af.0.a4.cccba.
html
"In some ways, calling Houston America's smoggiest city misrepresented
the relative quality of air in the two cities. Los Angeles' air is
worse than Houston's in other categories. But ozone is the primary
pollutant of concern and therefore gets more attention, officials
said."

http://www.rice.edu/projects/reno/rn...lates/air.html
"Houston's number of ozone violation days are actually somewhat fewer
than in the 1980s. The difference seems to be that Los Angeles has
improved more and faster."

Those were older articles. Here's more recent info on ozone violations:

http://www.lungusa.org/air2001/analysis02.html#c2c
State of the Air 2002
"For the third straight year, the top four most ozone-polluted
metropolitan areas were in California: Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange
County; Bakersfield; Fresno; and Visalia-Tulare-Porterville. The state
also has the five most ozone-polluted counties: San Bernadino has been
number 1 three years in a row; Kern, comes in at number 2 this year,
after claiming the number 3 spot for the previous two years; Fresno
moves up to number 3 after two years as the fourth-most polluted
county, Riverside is number 4, after two years as the second-most
polluted county; and Tulare, number five for the second year in a
row."

And overall air quality:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/2056693
Number of days in 2000-2002 when air quality was unhealthy
1. Riverside-San Bernardino, Ca. 445 days
2. Fresno, Ca. 421
3. Bakersfield, Ca. 409
4. Los Angeles-Long Beach, Ca. 255
5. Sacramento, Ca. 163
6. Pittsburgh, Penn. 134
7. Knoxville, Tenn. 109
8. Birmingham, Al. 100
9. Houston, Tx. 94
10. Baltimore, Md. 93

It should also be remembered that ozone (a component of smog) is not
the only kind of air pollution, and probably not even the most dangerous:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science....ap/index.html
".... 1999-2001 EPA data, do not take into account a pollutant that's
considered more dangerous than smog -- tiny particles of soot
that can lodge deep in the lungs and cause heart problems and even
death."

http://bicycleaustin.info/articles/p...cise-risk.html
"Severe particulate (soot) pollution exists in many urban and desert
areas, including Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Chicago, New York City,
Salt Lake City and Phoenix, which in 1998 surpassed Riverside, Calif.,
with the nation's highest particulate levels. Levels of particulate
matter in Houston's air do not exceed the limit set in the current
national health standard for that air pollutant."

I could care less what people think of Bush, but they need to leave
lies and exaggerations about Houston and Texas out of it. Obviously,
Houston is hardly the "air pollution capital" it was made out to be.
Old November 19th, 2003, 08:35 AM
None

"jjp" wrote in message
m...

I could care less what people think of Bush, but they need to leave
lies and exaggerations about Houston and Texas out of it.

But. . .Texas SUCKS! That's why people pick on it so much!

Old November 20th, 2003, 01:11 AM
Me.....

Default Shrub in 04

On 16 Nov 2003 23:48:31 -0800, (john) wrote:

"None" wrote in message ink.net...
"alohacyberian" wrote in message
"None" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Jeffrey Hacker" wrote in message
.. .
Why would an idiot post this and not give his name or address?

Most of this is totally untrue anyway, and none of it is germaine to

this
newsgroup.

Ahhhhhhhhhh a Shrub supporter.

Every ****ing word of it is true, and you back door republicans KNOW IT.

Besides, I copied it from another group, and I thought it was not only
insightful and completely truthful, but funny as all hell !

It's neither insightful or truthful, it's plain, unvarnished propaganda

and
you'll see the humor in it when Bush wins the election. KM

If it's untrue, then it should be no problem for all you bush-nicks to
debunk every last statement, shouldn't it?

The Truth About "George W. Bush's Resume"

http://www.crossbearer.com/resume/The_Truth.pdf

If one does not have an acrobat reader,

You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html

Click on the "Get Acrobat Reader" logo in the lower left.

It is a very useful thing to have, many "pdf" documents on the web are
put in that format.

Resume of George W. Bush
The White House, USA

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

* I attacked and took over two countries.

Whoever wrote this has no knowledge of US military history.
Barbary Pirates (Shores of Tripoli),
Canada (War of 1812),
Mexico (twice)(Halls of Montezuma and Pancho Villa),
The Confederacy,
Dozens of Sovereign Indian Nations,
China,
Haiti (3 times),
Dominican Republic,
Korea (twice),
Germany (twice),
Cuba,
Philippines (twice),
Russia,
Lebanon,
Grenada,
Panama,
Bosnia,
Somalia.

I'm sure there are more that I've forgotten.

This is proof of US agression against the rest of the world.
No wonder everyone (else) hates the USA.

For there to be a takeover, the U.S. would have to run the government.
This is not true in Afghanistan and is not happening in Iraq,
therefore this is a lie.

The US DOES run the government, not up front, but they hold all the
military and financial strings.
THE US attacked and controls Afghanistan. They ****ed up as always.

* I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the Treasury.

The surplus was gone when the bubble burst, add to the effects of 9/11
it is unlikely any President could have saved the surplus. Also, the
Treasury is not bankrupted, therefore this is a lie.

OK, so now we know that (at least) the last 2 US presidents are lying
*******s who rob their own country in attempt to keep power.
No wonder everyone (else) hates the USA.

* I shattered the record for biggest annual deficit in history.

Deficit only have meaning as percent of GNP. This is not the largest
deficit. The largest deficit was during World War II. Again, this is a
lie.

Jesus, You had to go back to a WORLD WAR to find a situation WORSE
than what Bush is doing in peacetime? You must be desperate.

* I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed
in any 12-month period.

Also, untrue, the largest amount of private bankruptcies as percent of
working population was during the depression. This is a lie.

So you are saying that Bush is the worst president since the US was so
screwed up that it didn't have the paper to wipe its own backside.
That's a wonderful advert for Bush then .....

* I set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock
market.

Again, not true, drop are done as percentage. The drop in the New York
stock exchange was actually pretty mild for the bottom of a business
cycle. Again,
this is a lie.

Lies, more lies, statistics, Bush statistics.

* I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.

President don't execute, the courts set the punishment of the crime.
If you don't like it get the laws changed, don't snipe from distance,
but as far as I can research this is true but misleading.

Are you saying that the President has nothing to say on this matter?
That nobody in the judiciary gives a **** what he says?
This is one subject where the president does have influence. If he
didn't want it to happen then it wouldn't have happened.
Ergo, He wanted it to happen, and it did.

* I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal
record.

Not true, the drunk driving conviction was expunged, thus there is no
criminal record. The record of the conviction after the expunging is
sealed. To break a sealed record without a court order is a felony,
but it appears only a felony if you are not a Democrat. This is, of
course, a lie.

He got drunk. (it can happen)
He drove. (stupidly)
He got caught. (stupidly)
He got sentenced (rightly)
Somebody fixed the records (criminally)
No wonder everyone (else) hates the USA.

* In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on
vacation by any president in US history.

Not true, Bush worked all the time he was on the range in Texas much
like any President. FDR, use to spend over a month at Hainesport every
year, but the record of President being on "vacation" is Eisenhower.
This is again a lie.

Jesus, home-working is OK in some industries, but as a president you
need to keep your finger on the pulse, not isolate yourself from the
people you are supposed to represent.
At least, thats how democracy works outside the US.

* After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided
over the worst security failure in US history.

* I set the record for most campaign fundraising trips by any president
in US history.

Sent me into gales of laughter. Please! Was there any event clinton
couldn't turn into a fund raising event, including his birthday
"parties"?

Clinton raised funds overtly.
Bush gets his money from big-business and screws the rest of the
country.
But the dumb Americans are so used to having corrupt Presidents that
the don't even realise what that iritating feeling in the anal region
is. Wake up ... you are being shafted.

* In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their
jobs.

Not very unusual in a recession, a recession caused by speculation
bubble under the previous President. But, if you don't like that
argument consider Jimmy Carter, more American lost there job during
his administration first two years than Bush's. The above is
misleading.

2 consecutive economically inept presidents and yet another one in the
past. Great system you got there guys.

* I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any
other president in US history.

Not true, there have no cuts in unemployment benefits. The cut came
with the welfare act in 1996, signed by Bill Clinton. This one is a
bold face lie.

And Bush couldn't stop it? He could have if he cared a **** about the
guy on the street. He doesn't. Clinton didn't. They never do. You have
been shafted for years.

* I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

This is blatantly untrue. The largest amount of foreclosures happened
during the depression.

See earlier comments. Maybe the US is in a depression but they are
lying their arses off AGAIN.

* I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than
any president in US history.

I'm not sure who he is talking about, also considering he has
difficulty with confusing being accused and being convicted. But even
taking this into account he is wrong, FDR holds the record. In the
1930's appointments of minor federal officials was suggested by
officials of the state. FDR just signed their recombination's. In the
south many of these people had criminal records. The numbers were in
the thousands.

Wow guys, Bush appoints criminals but FDR appointed more so that makes
it OK. Great system you got there guys. Keep rubbing the sticks
together, you will eventually evolve into something.

* I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president
since the advent of TV.

First, who cares. Second, the actual record is held by Eisenhower.
This guy really needs to check a history book before is babbles on,
another lie.

In a REAL DEMOCRACY Presidential accountability begins with being
able to ask questions and get answers.
BUSH does not allow questions to be asked. He only spouts publicity
material.

* I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than
any other president in US history.

This is based on assumption about the Patriot Act. The act has been
found under all test to be constitutional therefore can not amend the
Constitution. You may not like the Patriot Act passed by Congress and
you may think it is unconstitutional but if when tested it is not
found so your argument is mute.

The Patriot act has robbed the American people of many of their
constitutional rights. Hitler didn't change the laws in Germany in the
thirties, he just implemented his own rules.
Bush doesn't give a **** about the consititution. He makes and breaks
rules to suit himself and big-business.

First of all, the only way to amend the Constitution is by the
Amendment process, in which the President plays no part, because the
threshhold to pass an Amendment through Congress is the same as that
needed to override a veto. And no amendments have been added during
Bush's tenure. Regarding EOs, here is the range by recent president:
George W. Bush (2001-Present) EO's 13198- 13315
William J. Clinton (1993-2001) EO's 12834-13197
George Bush (1989-1993) EO's 12668-12833
Ronald Reagan (1981-1989) EO's 12287-12667
Jimmy Carter (1977-1981) EO's 11967-12286

Bush Jr. 117 (even times 4 to = 8 years is 468)
Clinton 1,144
Bush Sr. 165
Reagan 380
Carter 319

Note, FDR had the most laws and executive orders found to be
unconstitutional, not Bush, another lie.

Keep up the good work, keep quoting statistics while the US and Iraq
are finacially and economically raped.

* I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to
intervene when corruption was revealed.

Actually the energy crisis under Carter was much larger.

Jesus, there really ARE more inept presidents than the current cowboy?

As to the
corruption, it was not revealed until after the fact and much of the
corruption was done by goverment officials who were claiming
corruption.

Ha bloody Ha.

* I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused
to use the national reserves as past presidents have.

It is not the highest gasoline price if you correct for inflation,
that was in 1970's oil crises. Second, the reserve by law is not to be
used in that manner. Third, the uses of the reserve would not help.
Fourth, by letting the gasoline price reach it natural level it takes
advantage of the market to correct by creating new source of gasoline
and of energy. Using the reserve paper the problem and delays action,
not the action of a serious President.

****head. If the gasoline prices had remained stable then you wouldn't
have to do any clever statistical jugling to compensate for inflation
because the major cause of inflation would be removed.
Cause and effect.

* I cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.

This is another lie.

No it isn't.

President Bush's fiscal year 2004 budget requests a record $63.6
billion for our nation's veterans, including a nearly 8-percent
increase over the fiscal year 2003 budget for discretionary funding -
which mostly pays for VA's health care system -- and a 32-percent
increase in overall funding since fiscal year 2001. And the Budget
Conference report the House and Senate agreed to on April 11 raises
the suggested levels of discretionary funding for veterans by an
additional $1.8 billion.

Great statistics, but totally irrelevant. Typical Enron bookkeeping.
Now tell us about the INDIVIDUAL veterans and how much the have LOST
since Buthead came to power.

http://www.veteransadvantage.com/new...BudgetCut.html

* I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously
take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the
record for protest against any person in the history of mankind

Untrue, there were more during the Vietnam War, but then the communist
were better organized then. By the way ANSWER is a front group for
communist party in the U.S. Again, this is a lie.

Commies under the bed. Commies under the bed.
Terrorists under the bed. Terrorists under the bed.
Are you so DUMB that you actually believe that BUll****

* I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US
history.

There are couple problems here, the author appearently hasn't read the
Constitution. The signing of a treaty by the President does not make
the treaty valid. The treaty must be approve by the Senate. Koyoto was
never approved. The ABM treaty was retracted by both side as no longer
needed.Now on the question of which president dissolved more treaties,
the record goes to FDR during WW II.

Kyoto was nere approved because BUSH refused to push it through the
Senate.
FACT: the US has broken or refused to participate in legitimate and
much needed International self-regulation because this would
negatively effect company profits and anyway Bush couldn't give a ****
about the rest of the world.

* I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in
US history.

Actually most historians say Wilson was the most scretive, some vote
for Nixon. Compared to those two, Bush isn't close.

So he's only the third worst. What a reccommendation.
Allowing for information-inflation he is 2000% worse than ANY OTHER
PRESIDEN.
Or maybe it doesn't your pro-Bush view to talke into account the
biggest Information boom that has ever taken place.

* Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US
history. (The 'poorest' multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron
oil tanker named after her).

On the whole, Bush's cabinet is not that much richer than any other
President. Harding's cabinet had Andrew Mellon one of the richest man
in the
world at the time. If you correct for inflation Harding's cabinet was
far richer than Bush. Also, consider most of Bush's cabinet members
are ex-cabinet members and governors. Not much different from many
other
administrations, actually correcting for inflation it about the same
as JFK's. As to Condoleeza Rice, who is not a millionaire having a oil
tanker named after her. Well considering she was a member of Chevron's
board of
directors, this is not surprising. The above statements are wrong and
very misleading.

So they are corrupt, self-enriching cheating *******s.
Great way to run a country guys.
Maybe you should drop the word democracy and find another word for
your system. Uganda probably has a good word for the way the US is
run.

* I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the
Union simultaneously go bankrupt.

A straight out lie, no state so far has gone bankrupt (although Gray
Davis in California is trying hard to do so), much less all of them
simultaneously.

Effectively all the states are bankrupt, except that technically for
bankrupcy someone has to call in the debt. The US economy is shot to
pieces and unbelievably deep in debt but there is no one to call in
those debts. Great system guys. Keep banging the rocks together.

* I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market
in any country in the history of the world.

Not even close. In Britain there was South Sea Beach Scandal which
effect the National Debt of Britain. There's John Law Mississippi
scheme whose crash cause a depression in France and recession in
Britain. Also, there is Crédit Mobilier of America used to build the
Pacific railroad and to defraud the investors and the government of
that railroad. Also, most corporate scandals that came out during Bush
were actual corrupted activites were going on during Clinton. So who's
to blame? The guy who finds and prosecutes it, or the guy who
overlooked and ignored it?

My fraud is bigger than your fraud!!!!
Corrupt *******s, all of them.

* I am the first president in US history to order a US attack and
military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will
of the United Nations and the world community.

Not true for many reason's, first, Iraq action was legal under UN
resolution 1441. Second. all the action by Clinton were made without
UN approval.

LIES. Attacking Iraq was NEVER, EVER legal under the terms of ANY
resolution, and certainly not 1441. You are a bigger liar tahn BUSH.

* I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the
history of the United States.

As portion of GNP that prize goes to FDR but what do you expect in
time of war.

Gold medal fo peace-time burocracy.
Well done that man. Keep banging the rocks together, don't get your
fingers in between.

* I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations
remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.

The actual vote came under Clinton, note the U.S. is back on the
commision this year til 2005 source:
http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu2/2/chrmem.htm.

So it is true.
The US got kicked off.
No wonder everyone (else) hates the USA. Arogant *******s.

* I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations
remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.

The UN does not have an "elections monitoring board." How can one be
removed from something that does not exist?

The name may be wrong but the fact is correct you nit-picker.
Try climbing down from the trees.

* I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of
Congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US
history.

I don't have a clue what he is talking about here.

Of course you don't.
We can see from your other answers that you don't have a clue about
anything but only spew bush-propaganda.

* I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.

The UN rendered the UN irrelevant with a big help from France. If
anything, Bush was the only one who backed up the UN resolutions. The
UN didnt want to enforce it;s own resolutions, making them
meaningelss. It took Bush to make those resolutions relevant again.

I thought the Chinese and Russians were the only ones who re-wrote the
history books. Bush started a war in Iraq because his business
partners and backers demanded oil revenues and "Iraqi government"
contracts in return for previous funding.
Bush's pockets were empty. He had to screw Iraq to be able to pay off
his debts.
He REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY screwed up in Iraq. How's he gonna pay back his
buddies now? Iran? North Korea?

* I withdrew from the World Court of Law.

Again, no such thing exists. There is a "Permanent Court of
International Justice", commonly called the "World Court". The US was
never a member of this, so again, you can not withdraw from something
you are not a member of. And why wsa the US not a member? Because the
Senate refused to ratify the treaty (unanimously!), as required by the
US Constitution.

Nitpicking arsehole.
Once again the US continues it's isolationist, arogant, self-enriching
exploitation fo the world while ALL the other main democrocies (and
others) try to achieve world peace and world democracy.
Stick it up your arse Bush.
No wonder everyone (else) hates the USA.

* I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by
default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

Not true, there have been inspectors.

US government controlled, and no changes have been made.
The US flagrantly flouts the Geneva convention and the insistence of
it's allies to stop the criminal degredation and detention of
prisoners of war.
But ... as has been proved many many many times. Bush (and the US)
doesn't give a **** about anybody except themselves.
No wonder everyone (else) hates the USA.

* I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations
election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.

I don't know where this one comes from I've found nothing on the web.
This seems pure fantasy.

You don't know how to Google so this is fantasy?
Words fail me. You really are a sad case.

* I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate
campaign donations.

Not true any many aspects. Corporate campaign contributions are pretty
equal spread in the US. Where the Republicans do better is in small
corporations,
large corporations about equal. But, if you consider rich donors
actually the democrats do better. The Republicans average donations
are smaller but
there are a lot more. The Democrats are more dependent on large
donations from the wealthy.

Donors who gave more than $10,000 favored Dems over Reps, according to
this chart at Open Secrets:
http://www.opensecrets.org/overview/...asp?cycle=2002
The smaller the contribution, the more likely it was given to the
Republicans, and the larger the more likely to the Democrats.

according to the Washington Post:
The study, analyzing donations during the 2002 campaign cycle, found
that those little guys giving less than $200 to federal candidates,
parties or leadership political action committees contributed 64
percent of their money to Republicans. By contrast, those fat cats
giving $1 million or more contributed a lopsided 92 percent to
Democrats. The only group favoring Democrats, in fact, were
contributors giving more than $100,000.

Corrupt, corrupter, corruptest, American politics.
Great system guys. Keep flapping your fins and maybe you'll get out of
the primal gunge and make it to the trees. Develop longer arms and you
can amuse us by swinging around a bit.

* The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my
best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds
in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEOof Enron Corporation).

Actually Enron was not the largest, Global Crossing was. Ken Lay was
brought into Texas politics not by Bush but by Ann Richards the
Democratic governor of Texas. Ken Lay was already in an advisory role
when Bush became Governor. Ken Layand Enron gave money equal to
Republicans and Democrats. Very misleading statement above.

Corruptions rules.
Long live the American Dollar ... oops it dropped yet again against
world currencies. Can it go further .. of course it can, with Bush at
the helm it can go a long, long way down.
Ressecion here we come.

*I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US
history.

Not true Bill Clinton holds that record. Actually Bush is famous for
notusing polls and focus groups. Bill Clinton and Morris used them for
everything.

Political manipulation.
You guys have heard about fins haven't you?

* I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack
(and then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)

The Secret Service made this call, the President agreed. This is a
slander, a hope, a wish, not a fact.

He ran.
He hid.
He was **** scared.
He couldn't give a **** about the rest of the USians.

* I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.

An opinion of the author with no possible back up.

No POSSIBLE back up.
I presume you mean 'no backup information'
In the English language that is something very different.

* I took the world's sympathy for the US after 911, and in less than a
year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the
biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

Another opinion stated as fact.

No FACT.
Most of the rest of the world population HATES the US.
Many countries tolerate the US out of economic expediency, but the
actuall hate the US. When they shed themselves of the American
economic strangle hold they will turn and **** on the US like it's
been ****ting on the rest of the world for years.

* I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the
people of Europe (71%)view my presidency as the biggest threat to world
peace and stability.

Europe always thinks the U.S. is a threat. By the way that 71% is just
France and Germany (the mahority of Germans polled also think that the
United States took down the towers, and not terrorists!). You go to
eastern Europe that number drops to almost
nothing. Your stats are cooked.

Arsehole.
The 71% is not just France and Germany. The pole was EU-wide and they
really do consider the US to be the biggest threat to world peace.
Maybe the Bush propagande machine is telling you different, but out
there in the real world, in the real Europe it is very very true.
The US IS the major threat to world peace.

By the way, what the **** is a "mahority". Moron.
Your brains are cooked.

* I am the first US president in history to have the people of South
Korea more threatened by the US than by their immediate neighbor, North
Korea.

Let's ask them now if they believe that. The US said it would pull out
its troops then S. Korea changed it mind, maybe the North was more a
threat than
that one remark let on.

What a garble pile of rhetoric. It's not even a proper English
sentence.
South Koreans feel that the US is a bigger threat the North Korea
because the US is constantly causing confrontations for home
propaganda purposes and to maintain a war situation which fills the
pockets of US politicians and successive presidents.

* I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded
government contracts.

Don't know what this is about.

Convenient isn't it. "Don't ask me diffiklt qweshuns" You really sound
like the shrub.

* I set the all-time record for number of administration appointees who
violated US law by not selling their huge investments in corporations
bidding for gov't contracts.

Actually, this is bull. If they are talking about Cheney he sold his
before the election. There are so many cases of this in other
administration that this statement is just silly.

No boy, the system is silly. Or should I say corrupt as hell.

* I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than
any other president in US history.

You may like to check Wilson with his bring of southern segregation to
Washington DC and kicked Blacks out of the military or perhaps
sedition act under Adams or FDR's run up of the Japanese, take your
pick.

"with his bring of " what language is that? It looks like English btu
it sure as hell doesn't make any sense.
What a treatise on human rights abbominations by successive US
presidents. So many glaring examples of US inhumanity to man.
Decades of robbing people of rights and liberties.
That Constitution thing really was a waste of time guys. The
power-crazy polititians don't give a **** about it .. or about civil
liberties.

* In a little over two years I have created the most divided country in
decades, possibly the most divided that the US has been since the civil
war

Considering Bush's popularity has rarely dropped below 55% this seems
silly.

Ask a dumb question to 1000's of dumb Americans and you are bound to
get a dumb answer.

* I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and
In in less than two years turned every single economic category
heading straight down, record unemployment being the most recent
achievement..

It was heading straight down before he got in office. The most
noticeable effect is considering the bubble burst recessions before
this one has been pretty mild.

This is from the http://www.townhall.com/columnists/r...20020808.shtml
website.
"Through all of President Clinton's last two years in office, the
announced level of before-tax profits was at least 10 percent too high
-- a discrepancy rising close to 30 percent during the last
presidential campaign. Most startling, the Commerce Department in 2000
showed the economy on an upswing through most of the election year
while in fact it was declining."

There are more news outlets that reported this so I know it is fact.
It seems that the Clinton's "robust economy" during the years 1999 and
2000 was a scam. Nobody armed with the truth can give Bush the blame
for the recession that actually started during the Clinton years.
Truth is that Clinton "cooked the books" to make himself look good in
an effort to give Al Gore a boost.

For a information and a little commentary, see:
http://www.hench.net/2002/z121202a.htm

Successive corrupt and inept presidents. And a voting public so stupid
that they believe the party publicity.
Bush made the situation MUCH MUCH worse.
In a business he would have been sacked years ago. At least, he would
have been in a European business.
In the US the most corrupt politicians get to be president.

* RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas
drug conviction has been erased and is not available).

Drunk driving record gained illegaly. The drug conviction is pure
conjecture. It comes from a book that could not back up its claim.

He got drunk.
He drove.
He got caught.
He got sentenced.
The records got erased.

I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during
a time of war.

He had premission thus wasn't AWOL.

The fact is that he DID NOT SERVE HIS COUNTRY as is required.
He should have been shot.
He should NEVER have been allowed to run for public office.

The truth:

http://www.insomnomaniac.com/archives/000525.html

Bush publicity. Lies.

I refuse to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug
use.

And Clinton refused to release his medical records.

Corrupt drugs offenders ... seems to be a requiremnt for being a US
president.

All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited
away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for
public view.

This is another flat out LIE, you can get records from the Texas
archive any time you want.

No you can't.

http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/arc/findingaids/bush.html

From the web site: The Records of Governor George W Bush are available
for research. Researchers will expedite the fulfillment of their
reference requests by first consulting finding aids. Requests for
records must follow the procedures set forth in the Texas Public
Information Act.
The Records of Governor George W Bush are available for research
despite the fact that they have not been fully prepared for research.
As the Archives' staff prepares each group of records, this finding
aid is updated on the Web at TARO (Texas Archival Resources Online).

We can all read the website, arsehole. Doesn't prove a thing.
Have you TRIED getting the document.
Not possible. Bush has benn corrupt for decades, it's exactly WHY he
got to be president, to be able to enrich his backers.

All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or
bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

Common in all SEC investigations until the court cases. You can get
many of the records now on Enron.

All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served
on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

Common for most board meetings, however the they can be open under a
court order when someone shows cause, no one has done this.

Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding
public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public
review.

This is common practice. Note, Clinton's administration also claimed
this priviledge.

Pretty irrelivant really. Shame you wasted your words trying to defend
the criminal activities of successive presidents.

The "resume" is a rather nasty mean spirited piece of partisan
propaganda. Basically, it is what the author wants to believe from
some non compiling facts.

Your resume is pure Bush bull**** propaganda.
I feel a little bit sorry for a nation of people who keep voting for a
succession of corrupt, arogant, agressive presidents.

No wonder everyone (else) hates the USA.

Old November 20th, 2003, 04:56 AM
jjp

"None" wrote in message link.net...
"jjp" wrote in message
om...
"None" wrote in message

link.net...
"jjp" wrote in message
m...

I could care less what people think of Bush, but they need to leave
lies and exaggerations about Houston and Texas out of it.

But. . .Texas SUCKS! That's why people pick on it so much!

People pick on places like TX and CA because they are different and
powerful, and some people don't like this. People are also generally
very ignorant about Texas. Most of the Texas-bashing lately is simply
because Bush used to be governer. "Sucking" has nothing to do with it,
and you know it.

I know no such thing. However, this isn't the proper forum to start laying
out all the negative stuff that is so predominately Texas!

Wouldn't matter, because most of what you layed out would probably be
exaggerations, ignorance, and irrelevant info.

I gave lots of evidence showing why the Houston pollution problem was
an exaggeration and was being reported wrongly in the "resume", and
you simply clipped it and only had the comeback "Texas sucks". So I
don't think you actually care much about facts.

Texas had a bad
rep long before the shrub

Mostly because of people's ignorance -- not because of the truth.

started ripping off the state so you can't really
blame him for the image that Texas has, and has had, for such a very long
time.

It all got much worse starting with the last presidential election.

In all fairness, a LOT of states suck!

Sorry, but I simply think that is too much of an over-generalization
to be a subject worthy of intellectual conversation.
Old November 20th, 2003, 05:19 AM
alohacyberian

"None" wrote in message
ink.net...

In all fairness, a LOT of states suck! Someday sit down and compare Texas
to Colorado and you'll see what sucking is all about!

Colorado? Had you said North Dakota, it might have been somewhat plausible,
but, Colorado rocks! KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old November 20th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Miguel Cruz

jjp wrote:
No -- but even though many districts are doing the same thing, the
Houston example was what was brought up -- because of Paige, and
because it's in Houston (so it fit right in with the current political
and media Houston-bashing trend).

That's sounding a little paranoid. What we mainly hear about Houston is
nothing at all.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/

Old November 20th, 2003, 10:56 AM
None

"Eugene D'Jeep" wrote in message
What does all of this have to do with flying?

You've heard the expression . . ."when pigs fly!" ???

Well, when Shrub & Co. illegally absconded with the white house . . . Pigs
Flew!

Old November 20th, 2003, 01:25 PM
me

(jjp) wrote in message om...
"None" wrote in message link.net...

[snip]
Texas had a bad
rep long before the shrub

Mostly because of people's ignorance -- not because of the truth.

Well, we're throwing around words like "most" so I'm in no position
to comment. But as a personal antidote, I had virtually no opinion
of Texas until after I started visiting it for one reason or
another. It went down hill fast after that. Having had 3 siblings
all who moved to AND AWAY, from Texas, the conclusion was
basically the same, there were better places to spend a life. This
all predates Bush by the by. This is far removed of course from
"hatred". More like a notable indifference.

started ripping off the state so you can't really
blame him for the image that Texas has, and has had, for such a very long
time.

It all got much worse starting with the last presidential election.

I'm sure the volume and harshness got worse, don't mistake that
for any sort of "newness" though. Attention was just drawn
to what was already in existence. It's not that we're thinking
anything new about Texas, it's just that before, we didn't tend
to think about Texas at all.

In all fairness, a LOT of states suck!

Sorry, but I simply think that is too much of an over-generalization
to be a subject worthy of intellectual conversation.

Well, not true actually. There is alot of wisdom inside that statement.
Virtually regardless of who you are, a lot of places are going to
"suck", i.e. you're not gonna like them. 50 states across a continent,
odds are against one that they will like a majority of them,
or really even anything approaching half. If one could look
favorably upon say 1/3 they'd probably be lucky. That's sorta good.
It means somewhere in this country there is a place for all of us
that we consider significantly better than most of the other places.

If one wants to talk about "most" it is sorta illustrative to
realize that something like 25% of the population lives in two
relatively narrow strips in this country. One strip runs roughly
between Boston and DC including virtually of all New Jersey plus
Baltimore and Philly. Then the other strip is between San Diego and
the Larger LA area. I saw some statistic once that some incredible
percentage of the population lived between the Applalations and the
eastern seaboard, or between some California Mountian range and
the Pacific. (These were rough lines which extended the full
height of the country north and south, virtually all of Florida
was included). The discussion was related to the electoral college
and popular elections, but it struck me how much of the population
for one reason or another chooses to live in some of the
highest population regions. And in the context of this discussion,
That's only about 1/3 of the states, which would imply the other 2/3
"suck" to most people.
Old November 20th, 2003, 10:48 PM
jjp

(me) wrote in message . com...
(jjp) wrote in message om...
"None" wrote in message link.net...

[snip]
Texas had a bad
rep long before the shrub

Mostly because of people's ignorance -- not because of the truth.

Well, we're throwing around words like "most" so I'm in no position
to comment. But as a personal antidote, I had virtually no opinion
of Texas until after I started visiting it for one reason or
another. It went down hill fast after that. Having had 3 siblings
all who moved to AND AWAY, from Texas, the conclusion was
basically the same, there were better places to spend a life. This

And as a personal antidote of my own -- for each of them, I know
probably 3-5 others who would disagree.

I'm sure the volume and harshness got worse, don't mistake that
for any sort of "newness" though. Attention was just drawn
to what was already in existence. It's not that we're thinking
anything new about Texas, it's just that before, we didn't tend
to think about Texas at all.

Not totally true, considering that several "points" brought up about
Texas in the last election were either exaggerated or false.

[...]

Then Texas must not "suck" that much, considering it's the second most
populous state after CA, and has three of the country's top ten
largest cities...