6 months in asia - pictures

Old July 5th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Stef

Default 6 months in asia - pictures

this is just a suggestion to check out my website; i put about 150 of
my best photos of most south east asian countries online:

http://siamesedreams.sk-audio.org

for reference purposes here are all the featured destinations:

philippines, palawan, el nido, coron, sabang, mindoro, puerto galera,
bohol, the chocolate hills, alona beach on panglao island, loboc,
malaysia, tioman, thailand, ko phangan, pai, bangkok, vietnam, hanoi,
saigon, sapa, lao cai, lai chao, saigon, cambodia, phnom penh, ankor
wat, siem reap, laos, vang vieng, 4000 islands and luang prabang

hope y'all like em - let me know if you do

take it easy and happy travels
stef
Old July 7th, 2004, 01:40 PM
///Boochap///

yeah, agree!

--

a photographic journey through asia -
www.geocities.com/boochap

"Thomas F. Unke" wrote in message
(Stef) writes:

this is just a suggestion to check out my website; i put about 150 of
my best photos of most south east asian countries online:

http://siamesedreams.sk-audio.org

for reference purposes here are all the featured destinations:

The start is very nice. But it needs a Flashplayer and many people
don't have this - for good reasons. May be better if you make a
conventional site.

Old July 8th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Stef

thank you both for your feedback.

i agree flash is out of place in alot of sites when its used
excessively, like a "skip intro movie".

i could however not find a nicer and more convenient way of
implementing a photo gallery into the current design of my site

im not a big fan of flash, but what are your reasons for saying people
dont have it "for good reason"?

kind regards
stef

"///Boochap///" wrote in message ...
yeah, agree!

Old July 8th, 2004, 11:40 PM
WayneHazle

http://siamesedreams.sk-audio.org

for reference purposes here are all the featured destinations:

philippines, palawan, el nido, coron, sabang, mindoro, puerto galera,
bohol, the chocolate hills, alona beach on panglao island, loboc,
malaysia, tioman, thailand, ko phangan, pai, bangkok, vietnam, hanoi,
saigon, sapa, lao cai, lai chao, saigon, cambodia, phnom penh, ankor
wat, siem reap, laos, vang vieng, 4000 islands and luang prabang

hope y'all like em - let me know if you do

*** Nice layout & great pictures!
Wayen Hazle
http://www.waynehazle.com/seasia/

Old July 10th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Thomas 'tmo' Endt

"Stef" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...

hope y'all like em - let me know if you do

Due to your use of flash or something else I can't see a single picture
(!).

If you want your pictures to be seen, use techniques that are understood
everywhere in the world: plain html.
If someone has problems with watching html, then he has a serious problem
with his browser.
If someone has problems with watching flash, then the website author has a
serious problem with using non standard techniques.

Flash is for intros, for something that is not necessarily required to have
fun on the website.
If your site is about photos, the best thing to hide them from being viewed
is not to use html.

just my 0,02$

tmo

P.S.: Imagine this: "Welcome to my homepage! To watch it correctly, please
get the very latest browser (released only 2 days before) and plugin xyz in
combination with this-and-that(tm). Ah, almost forgot: Best viewed with
1600x1200".

On the other hand: "Best viewed with any browser."

Old July 10th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Stuart Hofmann

"Thomas F. Unke" wrote:

Most flash is annoying advertising. For that reason, it is best not to
install flash on any browser.

You can have it both ways if you use "Flashswitch", a free (for the last
couple years) app that resides in the tray and allows the user to engage
flash by clicking on the icon. For IE.
http://www.flashswitch.com/

Old July 10th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Miguel Cruz

Thomas F. Unke wrote:
"Thomas 'tmo' Endt" writes:
Flash is for intros, for something that is not necessarily required
to have fun on the website.

Most flash is annoying advertising. For that reason, it is best not to
install flash on any browser.

Yes, that's why I keep it turned off. 95% of the time it's some animated ad
that keeps catching my eye while I'm trying to read the text on the page.
For the 5% of the time that it's useful, I turn it back on. But I wouldn't
go through the trouble for an unknown site, which is why I gave this one a
miss after reading a couple of the comments here.

miguel