BKK to Angkor Wat

Old September 4th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Viviane

Default BKK to Angkor Wat

Do any airlines other than Bangkok Airways fly direct to Angkor Wat from
Bangkok? Paying 33,000 baht for 2 adults and 1 child seems excessive. We
want to fly but need to balance cost with number of flight changes.

Any information would be appreciated.

Old September 4th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Jan

Viviane wrote:
Do any airlines other than Bangkok Airways fly direct to Angkor Wat
from Bangkok? Paying 33,000 baht for 2 adults and 1 child seems
excessive. We want to fly but need to balance cost with number of
flight changes.

Any information would be appreciated.

Expedia are also showing adult fares for Ģ180 return.

I suppose you've considered (and decided against ) going overland - by Train
and truck/taxi.

Jan

Old September 5th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Patrick

"Viviane" wrote in message . au...
Do any airlines other than Bangkok Airways fly direct to Angkor Wat from
Bangkok? Paying 33,000 baht for 2 adults and 1 child seems excessive. We
want to fly but need to balance cost with number of flight changes.

Any information would be appreciated.

Why fly? I went overland from Bangkok earlier this year and it was so
easy and completed in a day. Take an Express Bus from the Northern
Terminal(Mochit) in BK for 165 Baht (7am, but there are other regular
dep.times), arrive in Aranya Prathet about 11:15am, take a Tuk-Tuk for
the last 6kms to the border of Poipet for 50 Baht, allow one hour to
receive a visa and cross the border, then take an aircon taxi to Siem
Reap. I took one to Battambang which is about the same distance for
900 Baht and was resting in my Hotel by 3pm.
Patrick

Old September 5th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Karl Jacob

Patrick wrote:
"Viviane" wrote:
Do any airlines other than Bangkok Airways fly direct to Angkor Wat
from Bangkok? Paying 33,000 baht for 2 adults and 1 child seems
excessive. We want to fly but need to balance cost with number of
flight changes.

Any information would be appreciated.

Why fly? I went overland from Bangkok earlier this year and it was so
easy and completed in a day. Take an Express Bus from the Northern
Terminal(Mochit) in BK for 165 Baht (7am, but there are other regular
dep.times), arrive in Aranya Prathet about 11:15am, take a Tuk-Tuk for
the last 6kms to the border of Poipet for 50 Baht, allow one hour to
receive a visa and cross the border, then take an aircon taxi to Siem
Reap. I took one to Battambang which is about the same distance for
900 Baht and was resting in my Hotel by 3pm.
Patrick

I guess u didnīt travel with a kid.
No clue how old their kid is,
but the roads in cambodia are really bad.

President Airline is the cheapest, but not direct,
they fly."bkk - phnom phen" and "phnom phen - siam rep".
No idea if u can book them from the west, try in bkk agencies.

Karl

Old September 5th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Peter Lyngse

Hi Vivianne

When you find out about prices and schedule, then please post in this group

"Viviane" skrev i en meddelelse
I wasn't aware of Presidential. Have checked out their web site but it
doesn't have prices - I will contact them.

Our daughter is 6 and the thought of spending a full day travelling

overland
on different modes of transport fills me with horror. I'm sure it's a

great
trip - without kids! For now, flying is the easiest.

Old September 5th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Harry

I think that Bangkok Airways or Air Siem Reap is covering that route.
I flew Bangkok Airways from BKK to Yangoon and it was very convenient.
Maybe the LCC carrier Airasia makes the run as well.

cheers, harr
Old September 6th, 2004, 04:39 AM
Greg Pankhurst

Viviane wrote:

Do any airlines other than Bangkok Airways fly direct to Angkor Wat from
Bangkok? Paying 33,000 baht for 2 adults and 1 child seems excessive. We
want to fly but need to balance cost with number of flight changes.

Any information would be appreciated.

Maybe you could fly to Phnom Penh, and then get the boat up to Siam
Reap? You've got more options between Bangkok and Phnom Penh, and the
boat ride is only 5 hours and is pretty cheap. I'm sure that'd work out
a fair bit cheaper albeit slower.

And Phnom Penh is a pretty cool and friendly place, so it'd be a shame
to miss it.

Whatever you do, don't miss Angkor though. Truely awesome.

Greg
Old September 6th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Alfred Molon

Greg Pankhurst wrote:

And Phnom Penh is a pretty cool and friendly place, so it'd be a shame
to miss it.

It used to be a very dangerous place a couple of years ago from what
I've heard. It also happened a few years ago that the boat over the lake
was attacked by pirates.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Austria, Budapest and
Portugal