$#$#@%!!! wheelies!

Old February 14th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Icono Clast

Alan S wrote:
I must admit that I've never understood the twits who stand up as
soon as the plane comes to rest and block the aisles impatiently
waiting for the doors to open.

If I'm near the door, I'm one of 'em.

Usually I just sit and wait until the aisles are clear.

If not, I'm often among the last to debark.

I invariably meet all the ones that crowded the aisles again -
waiting at the baggage carousels.

So do I unless I have some business to do.
A San Franciscan in 47.452 mile² San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:08:39 -0800 Icono Clast wrote:

:Simple solution embarking: "All passengers who will not use the
:overhead bins may board at will. If we catch you opening an overhead
:bin, we'll take you off to board last." Then the call by rows.

If you have no need of any overhead space it makes no sense to board early.
Why stick ones self in a tin can longer than necessary?

When I fly BC I do not line up early either. There (in my experience) was
always room.

:Simple solution debarking: "Passengers with nothing in the overhead
:bins may debark as soon as the Captain allows. Others shall wait
:until the aisles have cleared."

:Simple enforcement in newly-manufactured 'planes: Electromagnets
:keeping the bins' doors shut until the appropriate time.

Extra weight, but an interesting concept.

:All I carry aboard 'planes is a portfolio about 12x18x½ inches and
:weighs less than a pound unless I've put a book in it.

Lucky you.

:I don't rush to get my bags. I do whatever else I have to do, such as
:getting a car or making a 'phone call first.

Where do you park the rental when waiting for your bag?

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old February 14th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:05:53 +1100 Alan S wrote:

:I must admit that I've never understood the twits who stand up as soon
:as the plane comes to rest and block the aisles impatiently waiting
:for the doors to open.

How about those that stand up because they are tired of being confined to a
tiny uncomfortable chair?

Much more relaxing standing up.

Old February 14th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Alan Street

In article , Binyamin
Dissen wrote:

€
€ :I don't rush to get my bags. I do whatever else I have to do, such as
€ :getting a car or making a 'phone call first.
€
€ Where do you park the rental when waiting for your bag?

You leave it in the lot. What he means is getting the rental contract
signed, etc., so that all you have to do is go to the car with your
bags.
Old February 14th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 06:47:25 -0800 Alan Street
wrote:

:In article , Binyamin
:Dissen wrote:

:€ :I don't rush to get my bags. I do whatever else I have to do, such as
:€ :getting a car or making a 'phone call first.

:€ Where do you park the rental when waiting for your bag?

:You leave it in the lot. What he means is getting the rental contract
:signed, etc., so that all you have to do is go to the car with your
:bags.

Sign up for the express service and you do not have that wait.

Old February 14th, 2005, 04:20 PM
john

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:14:41 +0200, Binyamin Dissen
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:05:53 +1100 Alan S wrote:

:I must admit that I've never understood the twits who stand up as soon
:as the plane comes to rest and block the aisles impatiently waiting
:for the doors to open.

How about those that stand up because they are tired of being confined to a
tiny uncomfortable chair?

Much more relaxing standing up.

Standing up?

You must be pretty short.

Most people are bent over because of the limited head room.
Old February 14th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Binyamin Dissen

wrote:

:On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:05:53 +1100 Alan S wrote:

::I must admit that I've never understood the twits who stand up as soon
::as the plane comes to rest and block the aisles impatiently waiting
::for the doors to open.

:How about those that stand up because they are tired of being confined to a
:tiny uncomfortable chair?

:Much more relaxing standing up.

:Standing up?

:You must be pretty short.

No.

:Most people are bent over because of the limited head room.

Not by the aisle.

Old February 14th, 2005, 05:21 PM
george

Alan wrote:

I must admit that I've never understood the twits who stand up as soon

as the plane comes to rest and block the aisles impatiently waiting
for the doors to open.

I guess that you've never made a connecting flight, especially after
your incoming flight has been greatly delayed. Even short scheduled
connections without delays can cause problems, especially if you're
near the back of the plane.

George

Old February 14th, 2005, 05:25 PM
john

wrote:

:On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:05:53 +1100 Alan S wrote:

::I must admit that I've never understood the twits who stand up as soon
::as the plane comes to rest and block the aisles impatiently waiting
::for the doors to open.

:How about those that stand up because they are tired of being confined to a
:tiny uncomfortable chair?

:Much more relaxing standing up.

:Standing up?

:You must be pretty short.

No.

:Most people are bent over because of the limited head room.

Not by the aisle.

It is true if you are in the second or third seat.

You are not standing up completely.

In fact the way the seats protrude against the back of your leg and

the backward lean of the forward seat makes it practically impossible

to stand up straight.

I guess you are just one of those twits mentioned at the top of the
thread.
Old February 14th, 2005, 05:30 PM
john

On 14 Feb 2005 09:21:25 -0800, "george" wrote:

Alan wrote:

I must admit that I've never understood the twits who stand up as soon

as the plane comes to rest and block the aisles impatiently waiting
for the doors to open.

I guess that you've never made a connecting flight, especially after
your incoming flight has been greatly delayed. Even short scheduled
connections without delays can cause problems, especially if you're
near the back of the plane.

George

So you are one of those above-mentioned twits.

Are you getting off the plane any quicker by standing up in the aisle
near the rear of the plane?