2/3 Day trip to Kodiak from Anchorage

Old January 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default 2/3 Day trip to Kodiak from Anchorage

Hi,

I'm going to be in Alaska between 8th May and 13 May (flexible).

I'll be in Anchorage, does anyone know of a short tour to Kodiak
Island...?

I can't find much by searching google - ideally I'd like something
that might include Bears, Whales, Gold rush type stuff.
Old January 11th, 2008, 08:14 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

wrote in message
Hi,

I'm going to be in Alaska between 8th May and 13 May (flexible).

I'll be in Anchorage, does anyone know of a short tour to Kodiak
Island...?

I can't find much by searching google - ideally I'd like something
that might include Bears, Whales, Gold rush type stuff.

Do you realize how far Kodiak is from Anchorage? Over 200 miles, and if in
a small airplane you are going to be traveling 130-150 mph. Go down the
Kenai Peninsula. Pretty area. What you think Alaska looks like. Take a
flight out of Kenai with Maverick Air to some of there destinations. They
fly an Otter at about 500' and you get to see lots of sights. We fished
with them at Wolverine Creek. Take the Kenai Fiords tour out of Seward and
you will see glaciers, orkas, seals, and eagles. Check with the Safeway in
Anchorage and see if they still sell the entertainment book that supports
the Special Olympics. Is about $100 and gives you lots of 1/2 price items.
The Flight seeing of Denali will just about pay for the book.

Old January 21st, 2008, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
WJ[_2_]

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

You can order the TourSaver book and have it on hand. If you're going
to make a reservation and use the Toursaver to take advantage of a
2-for-1, you'll need to give them the serial number of the Toursaver book.
http://www.toursaver.com
I got mine 3 days after ordering.