Orbitz - Good luck getting your money back!

Old May 12th, 2004, 07:05 PM

Default Orbitz - Good luck getting your money back!

I booked a hotel through Orbitz. When I showed up at the hotel, they
had no record of the reservation, so I had to pay the hotel directly.

When I got home, I tried to get my money back from Orbitz. (they debit
your credit card immediately when you make the reservation) After 4
phone calls, each involving about 30 minutes of phone menus, waiting
on hold, switching back and forth between service representatives and
assurances that my credit card would be credited for the disputed
amount, I gave up on them and called my credit card company to dispute
the charge. All this to save maybe $10 less than booking with the
hotel directly.

Never again!

-Larry Lloyd

"As for the Palestinians, they're a wrecked people.

It's tragic, and, if you want to argue about who's to blame, we can bat dates around back to the Great War.
But it doesn't even matter whether you regard, as the Europeans appear to, the Palestinians' descent into depravity as confirmation of their victim status: as PA spokesman Hasan Abdul Rahman said on CNN after a new pile of Jew corpses, it's the fault of Israel for 'turning our children into suicide bombers'.

Even if that were true, it makes no difference.

They can't be allowed to succeed, because otherwise the next generation of suicide bombers will be in Bloomingdale's and Macy's."

-Mark Steyn

www.steynonline.com
Old May 13th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Rene N

When booking through a third party, I always call the hotel directly about 2
weeks prior to my trip to make sure that they have me in their computer.
The samething happened to me, except that I caught the mistake prior to my
trip and was able to work with Travelocity and the hotel to get me a
reservation. A lot of times, the third party travel website does not list
the phone number of the hotel you're booking, but you can easily find it on
the web, unless your hotel is a real dive.

I am doing the phone call because Travelocity did made a similar mistake for
me, but they refunded my money after I wrote an email to their customer
service department. It took them about 2 weeks to respond to my complaint.

news