ATTENTION - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT - GGC2010

Old June 1st, 2009, 01:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kate

Default ATTENTION - PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT - GGC2010

Hi all,

Well I finally found someone to take over the Chairpersonship of the
GGC2010.

It is my pleasure to make the following announcement:

"Our dear beloved Queen of the GGC has graciously agreed to accept the
honor of chairing our next GGC." *

So, for those who don't know who I'm talking about, it's Mary Foster.
About time Queen Mary.

Kate Pitluck2009 Chairperson

Old June 1st, 2009, 03:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mary Foster

Kate wrote:
Hi all,

Well I finally found someone to take over the Chairpersonship of the
GGC2010.

It is my pleasure to make the following announcement:

"Our dear beloved Queen of the GGC has graciously agreed to accept the
honor of chairing our next GGC."

So, for those who don't know who I'm talking about, it's Mary Foster.
About time Queen Mary.

Kate Pitluck2009 Chairperson

Thank you, Kate, for the gracious announcement.
Many of you have known me for years, both online and in person.
Therefore, you know that I am a senior citizen with ample curves and
curly blonde
hair who runs amok aboard ships on a blue scooter and has been involved
with
and cruised on every GGC from the beginning. Now it's finally time for me
to take the reins in my own unpredictable way. Therefore, it will
probably shock no one that I hereby declare the GGC 2010 to
be............... The
Carnival Glory sailing out of Port Canaveral on September 19 of 2009!!!

http://www.cruisemaster.com/glory.htm

Yes, we're jumping the gun on this, but then the very first GGC sailed in
the December of the year before it was to be. The theme will be RECESSION
BUSTER, and activities will follow that theme (Cheapies). This will be an
inexpensive, fun-filled cruise, and I promise to wear my crown for both
formal nights. No, you won't have to bow or curtsey!!!
Mary (WA)

Old June 1st, 2009, 03:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JRachels

Mary Foster wrote:

Kate wrote:
[...]

September 19, 2009 is the Jewish New Year. That will limit some from
joining in. Just thought you should know.

JR

--
"We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are." - The Talmud
"People demand the freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:27 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Riley 77

"JRachels" wrote in message
m...
Mary Foster wrote:

Kate wrote:
[...]

Be safe. Los Mexicanos are having a difficult time keeping their drug lords
from involving the locals..and by the time September arrives, I fear the
tourists may be caught in the crossfire.

My last trip down there in September found the only rough sledding the
jewelery shops who tried to liquor me up while my lady companion looked at
the stones....

Old June 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kate

On May 31, 10:36*pm, JRachels wrote:
Mary Foster wrote:

Kate wrote:
[...]

"Software without support is hardware" - JR/1999- Hide quoted text -

JR

Unfortunately we had so much trouble with someone to take over the
Chairperson job and then get TAs to get us a cruise in Jan/Feb/Mar
2010 that when this cruise came along, Yes, short notice you only have
about 33 days before final payment, we grabbed it. I hope that there
may be a Rabbi on board, but if there isn't, will just have to go
withot.

But thanks for pointing this out so other people realize it.

Katewho needs a cruise
Old June 1st, 2009, 04:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Mary Foster wrote:

Kate wrote:
[...]

Hi Kate,

Anyone who is Jewish and observes the High Holy Days would not go on a
cruise during this time. Rosh Hashanah starts at sundown on Sept 18th,
is observed for two days and most of the time is spent in Temple. The
end of the High Holy Days is Yom Kippur which begins at sundown 9/27 and
ends sundown the next day. It is not like a the weekly observances,
Jewish, Christian or others, that can be observed most anywhere.

This is just a point of information, not a complaint!!

sue - who can't go on this anyway
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bob Cotter

In article ,
Mary Foster wrote:

Yes, we're jumping the gun on this, but then the very first GGC sailed in
the December of the year before it was to be.

Well, I hope all that have a chance to go have a great time. Personally,
I am disappointed as to the timing as it will now not be possible for my
wife and I to go. I was looking forward to participation in this event,
but, as I say, best wishes to those who can manage that timing.

Cheers... Bob

--
If replying by email, please remove the removes.
Visit my home course at http://www.sunshinecoastgolf.com
Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Bob Cotter wrote:
In article ,
Mary Foster wrote:

Yes, we're jumping the gun on this, but then the very first GGC sailed in
the December of the year before it was to be.

Well, I hope all that have a chance to go have a great time. Personally,
I am disappointed as to the timing as it will now not be possible for my
wife and I to go. I was looking forward to participation in this event,
but, as I say, best wishes to those who can manage that timing.

Cheers... Bob

You went on one of the other GGC's, but I can not remember which one. I
do remember you, though. Sorry you can not make it.

Becca
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:52 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 05:06:03 GMT, Bob Cotter
wrote:

In article ,
Mary Foster wrote:

Yes, we're jumping the gun on this, but then the very first GGC sailed in
the December of the year before it was to be.

Well, I hope all that have a chance to go have a great time. Personally,
I am disappointed as to the timing as it will now not be possible for my
wife and I to go. I was looking forward to participation in this event,
but, as I say, best wishes to those who can manage that timing.

There could always be a second one, as long as tradition is being
broken anyway.

I vote for Alaska in May.
Old June 4th, 2009, 04:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bob Cotter

In article ,
Becca wrote:

You went on one of the other GGC's, but I can not remember which one. I
do remember you, though. Sorry you can not make it.

Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed GGC2000 and so were looking forward to this
one coming up, however, this year has already seen us on a cruise, as
well as that being a very busy time for me as a school district employee
and startup.

Cheers... Bob