New Computer

Old January 31st, 2008, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joe Brendan

Default New Computer

I will be unsubscribing to webtv and will really miss this group. I've
been with webtv for many years and just recently decided to take the
leap to a laptop. Can someone please let me know if I can still check
into rec.travel.cruises from my pc? Please email me and let me know:

Hope to be in touch in the future, it's been great to check all the
advice over the years as we are really cruise addicts.

Thanks a million!!!
Cathy McT

Old January 31st, 2008, 03:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Joe Brendan wrote:

I will be unsubscribing to webtv and will really miss this group. I've
been with webtv for many years and just recently decided to take the
leap to a laptop. Can someone please let me know if I can still check
into rec.travel.cruises from my pc? Please email me and let me know:

Hope to be in touch in the future, it's been great to check all the
advice over the years as we are really cruise addicts.

Thanks a million!!!
Cathy McT

It is too funny that you think that newsgroups are a unique
feature of WebTV. As someone else pointed out, you can find them
on almost any ISP. If for some reason that doesn't work, just go

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...cruises/topics

and you can read it there.

Bill
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Bill wrote:
Joe Brendan wrote:
I will be unsubscribing to webtv and will really miss this group. I've
been with webtv for many years and just recently decided to take the
leap to a laptop. Can someone please let me know if I can still check
into rec.travel.cruises from my pc? Please email me and let me know:

Hope to be in touch in the future, it's been great to check all the
advice over the years as we are really cruise addicts.

Thanks a million!!!
Cathy McT

It is too funny that you think that newsgroups are a unique
feature of WebTV. As someone else pointed out, you can find them
on almost any ISP. If for some reason that doesn't work, just go

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...cruises/topics

and you can read it there.

Reading/posting via google is a real pain and the worst way to access
RTC. If you can't figure out how to set up newsgroups, call your isp and
they can talk you through it.

sue
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bob Cotter

In article 36,
Joseph Coulter wrote:

Yes of course you can, most of us do! You will need a
"mnewsreader"Microsoft provides such acess with outlook express or if
you are going to Vista through windows mail. there are other ways, but
this will get you started. When you set up your mail account you ask for
newsproups and your service provider will list all that you have access
too. Most will have rec.travel.cruises ( as well as most of the
rec.travels ) subscribe and that is it.

And, if you made the correct platform decision, you can always use
Newsreader on your Macintosh.

Cheers... Bob

--
If replying by email, please remove the removes.
Visit my home course at http://www.sunshinecoastgolf.com