Passport Question-advice needed

Old March 6th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Fred Garvin

Default Passport Question-advice needed

I applied for my passport two weeks ago at an authorized post office
site and was told by the clerk that I would have it before I sailed four
weeks from today ( 6 weeks from sending in the paperwork) I see on the
US Passport Web page that six weeks is required to process the
paperwork. I hope I'm not cutting it too close. Does anyone out there
have any recent experience on this issue, how fast did you get the
passport from the time the application was mailed in? Thanks in advance
for any help in this matter.
Old March 6th, 2004, 08:00 PM
User 1.nospam

Dont sweat it...you will likely get it next week. Ours took 11 calendar
days....others have similar experience.

t...

Old March 6th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Susette405

one of my clients sent for theirs had it in 1 1/2 weeks. you should be fine
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 04Dec04 Jewel of the Seas!
Check out our website: www.cruiseoutlets.com
Old March 6th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Mike Cordelli

Six weeks is the company line for how long it will take under the worst of
conditions. Since September 11th and then when they had offices off line as
they were installing the new digital processing equipment, they have not
been deluged with applications for passports. Many people are saying two or
three weeks and they have it back again.

If it's getting too close, they have a form at

http://travel.state.gov/emailppt.html

you fill out and they will reply within two days telling you the status of
your application. But I'm betting you will have it way before time to
travel.

Old March 7th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Goose, Duck & Bird dogs

Hi:

I paid the higher rate to have this done - and it was in my hands in two
weeks flat. I think you will be fine.

I had a scary situation where as my husband is Canada and born in Quebec.
They put in a new provision that anyone born past a certain year
had to re-apply for a new birth certificate - so they had this sitting
among red tape and he'd NEVER EVER have that back in time for our cruise
let alone the time to apply for a passport.
Being he planned our trip we were up a creek. One week before sailing I
said that he should talk to his Uncle Jack [who happens to be a judge in a
high court in Manitoba] well he knew someone in Quebec and this Senator
pulled strings and my husband had a temporary passport in our hands two
days later. BUT IT was Scary...

If you cut it close out there, pay the fee to do the faster turn around
pass port and I urge anyone to update yours as soon as it is close to
expiring. You just never know where you want to go on a whim.

Good Luck.. hopefully you will look back and laugh on this.

Kelly H

Old March 7th, 2004, 03:25 AM
LES!

"Fred Garvin" wrote in message
t...
I applied for my passport two weeks ago at an authorized post office
site and was told by the clerk that I would have it before I sailed four
weeks from today ( 6 weeks from sending in the paperwork) I see on the
US Passport Web page that six weeks is required to process the
paperwork. I hope I'm not cutting it too close. Does anyone out there
have any recent experience on this issue, how fast did you get the
passport from the time the application was mailed in? Thanks in advance
for any help in this matter.

Since I'm sailing on April 3rd, I opted to expedite mine. It took 6 days
from the day I sent it off til I received it in the mail.

I wasn't about to take a chance since they also mail off your birth
certificate. You'd be stuck with no ID.

If I were you, I'd probably contact the state you were born in, and expedite
another state issued copy of your birth certificate. Just to be safe.

Hope you get to sail!

--

LES!

"It takes the Village People to raise a child. Sometimes you need a cowboy,
sometimes you need a cop, and sometimes you need a big gay Indian."

- Unknown (possibly Dharma & Greg)

a disturbing new study shows that studies are disturbing.

-ellen

To email me privately, remove your lips from my ass!

Old March 7th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Brian

My wife and I had ours within 16 days of applying.

My niece and her mom got theirs in 18 days.