Adult Drink Package is back on RCL

Old December 29th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Eileen

Default Adult Drink Package is back on RCL

Just back from the 12/13 sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas. They are now
offering an unlimited drinks program, shipwide. It includes wine, beer,
liquor up to the Premium level, drink of the day and soda, plus coffee and
coffee drinks at Lattitudes. The program is called Platinum Plus....the name
has nothing to do with Crown & Anchor memebership level, all legal age paxs
can purchase this. The cost is 50.00 per/person per/day, plus 15%
gratutity.. total cost for an 11 day cruise was 1,265.00. After purchasing
the program they activate your seapass card and you only need to show your
seapass card the first time in any new bar or venue. Only other time you
will have to present your seapass is when you buy a drink for another guest.
Your seapass card will have a yellow sticker attached to it... Premium Brand
Drink Program.
Eileen

---

Old December 29th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:41:08 -0500, Eileen wrote:

Just back from the 12/13 sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas. They are now
offering an unlimited drinks program, shipwide. It includes wine, beer,
liquor up to the Premium level, drink of the day and soda, plus coffee and
coffee drinks at Lattitudes. The program is called Platinum Plus....the name
has nothing to do with Crown & Anchor memebership level, all legal age paxs
can purchase this. The cost is 50.00 per/person per/day, plus 15%
gratutity.. total cost for an 11 day cruise was 1,265.00.

For two.

After purchasing
the program they activate your seapass card and you only need to show your
seapass card the first time in any new bar or venue. Only other time you
will have to present your seapass is when you buy a drink for another guest.
Your seapass card will have a yellow sticker attached to it... Premium Brand
Drink Program.

Wonder what keeps one from buying for the whole table?
Old December 29th, 2004, 08:22 PM
John Young

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
[...]

Is this for all ships? I am sailing on Radiance on 1/30/05.
Old December 29th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Eileen

Wonder what keeps one from buying for the whole table?

I just explained that. See below.

Only other time you
will have to present your seapass is when you buy a drink for another

guest.

If you want to buy drinks for your tablemates at dinner, they will take your
seapass card and swipe it, minus your own drink.
And yes, that price is for 2.

---

Old December 29th, 2004, 09:52 PM
E.k.R.

"Eileen" wrote in message
Your seapass card will have a yellow sticker attached to it... Premium

Brand
Drink Program.
Eileen

Doesn't seem very high-tech. Maybe I should just buy some yellow stickers!

Ernie

Old December 29th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Bartender Sam

"Hank Sniadoch" wrote in message
How can you possibly drink $50 worth of alcohol a day ??

Heh... ye of little faith.....

---
Yet another satisfied customer of Bartender Sam!

Old December 29th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Eileen

Is this for all ships? I am sailing on Radiance on 1/30/05

John,
I don't know... I hadn't read anything, anywhere, about this previous to our
cruise... I would not have even noticed the advertisement/sign for it if we
hadn't run into paxs from our first BOS cruise in 2002, I had bareley
glanced at the sign... I thought it was the wine package deal they were
pushing...in fact, they sold it on the same table as the wine package deal..
as neither of us are wine drinkers, we didn't pay too much attention. It was
advertised on the 1st day in the Schooner Bar....that's where they always
set up various tables selling packages, photo shop, spa, etc....they give
out raffle tickets for cheap prizes at each table... to get you to have a
look (hoping you will purchase).
That other pax/friend pulled out a calculator.. did some quick math... he
figured you'd only need to drink 16 drinks per day at 3.50 each.. there
aren't many drinks that cost that little.....plus, it includes wine at
dinner, too.... Like I said, we are not wine drinkers, but, I believe you
could order by the bottle, as well as, the glass... what's a bottle go for?
Average price? I'm guessing 24 bucks on the low side?
Anyway, at 24 bucks you wouldn't need to have many more drinks all day to
come out even... my drink costs more than 3.50, so did DH'S beer brand.. you
can get the drink of the day....sodas, coffee, etc.
Only topshelf liquor was excluded... you could get Stoli and Absolute, but
not Grey Goose, Baileys and such, was excluded.. so were the top Brandys or
Cognacs, ie..Courvoisier.

Eileen

---

Old December 29th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Tom & Linda

"Eileen" wrote in message

Anyway, at 24 bucks you wouldn't need to have many more drinks all day to
come out even... my drink costs more than 3.50, so did DH'S beer brand..
you
can get the drink of the day....sodas, coffee, etc.
Only topshelf liquor was excluded... you could get Stoli and Absolute, but
not Grey Goose, Baileys and such, was excluded.. so were the top Brandys
or
Cognacs, ie..Courvoisier.

If you drank Martinis, you can go through the money pretty quickly....
though if you had 5 martinis a day... you'd need to get a family member to
take a LOT of pictures so that you can have something to remember the cruise
by.... otherwise it would just be a blur.

--Tom

Old December 29th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Charles

In article , Hank Sniadoch
wrote:

How can you possibly drink $50 worth of alcohol a day ??

I was thinking the same. On my cruise a few weeks ago on Jewel of the
Seas I did not spend $50 on alcohol for the whole seven day cruise!!!

--
Charles