Eastern Europe

Old April 22nd, 2005, 06:55 PM
Sarah Banick

Sadly, the fact that many people there speak Italian is of little help
to us!

Don't worry Padraig, they are working hard on learning their English (I
found a little German helped as well)

Sarah

Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:26 PM
Padraig Breathnach

"Sarah Banick" wrote:

Sadly, the fact that many people there speak Italian is of little help
to us!

Don't worry Padraig, they are working hard on learning their English (I
found a little German helped as well)

I'll help them with their English. I have about the same amount of
German as I have Italian -- perhaps 50 words and no grammar or syntax.
My Italian vocabulary is mainly food-related; my German vocabulary is
more eclectic.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:37 PM
tile

I would not say eurpean architects..
I would say mainly one italian architect..
that also worken in moscow..
"Ulf Kutzner" ha scritto nel messaggio
schrieb:

St Peter is almost European, and you will just love it.

What does that mean, assuming that it means anything at all?

...sburg. But I think you knew that!

Sure, what I was thinking of is that it is hardly such a thing as a
"European city"

It was mainly planned by foreign architects.

Regards, ULF

Old April 22nd, 2005, 07:44 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Magda wrote:

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:26:45 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, Padraig Breathnach
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... "Sarah Banick" wrote:
... Sadly, the fact that many people there speak Italian is of little help
... to us!
... Don't worry Padraig, they are working hard on learning their English (I
... found a little German helped as well)
... I'll help them with their English. I have about the same amount of
... German as I have Italian -- perhaps 50 words and no grammar or syntax.
... My Italian vocabulary is mainly food-related; my German vocabulary is
... more eclectic.

Try using the French grammar when you speak Italian. Close enough.

I thought you weren't impressed with my command of French.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 08:24 PM
Padraig Breathnach

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:44:28 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, Padraig Breathnach

... Magda wrote:
... On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:26:45 +0100, in rec.travel.europe, Padraig Breathnach
... arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :
... ... "Sarah Banick" wrote:
... ...
... ...
... ... Sadly, the fact that many people there speak Italian is of little help
... ... to us!
... ...
... ... Don't worry Padraig, they are working hard on learning their English (I
... ... found a little German helped as well)
... ...
... ... I'll help them with their English. I have about the same amount of
... ... German as I have Italian -- perhaps 50 words and no grammar or syntax.
... ... My Italian vocabulary is mainly food-related; my German vocabulary is
... ... more eclectic.
... Try using the French grammar when you speak Italian. Close enough.
... I thought you weren't impressed with my command of French.

Better a three-legged table than no table at all...

The great advantage of a three-legged table is that it will stand on
any floor.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 08:24 PM
Ulf Kutzner

schrieb:

St Peter is almost European, and you will just love it.

What does that mean, assuming that it means anything at all?

...sburg. But I think you knew that!

Sure, what I was thinking of is that it is hardly such a thing as a
"European city"

It was mainly planned by foreign architects.

Well, I wrote 'foreign'...

Regards, ULF
Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:05 PM
tile