Passport Question???

Old June 2nd, 2005, 03:07 AM
John Pezzano

"Just Dickie" wrote in message
news:gfole.11599$IC6.8186@attbi_s72...
Does anyone know of a quicker way to get a passport without paying insane
charges to some 3rd party company???

Thanks In Advance, Just Dickie

Mail it in well in advance of any travel. They then return it instantly as
they know you won't need it.

JohnP

Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:35 AM
alohacyberian

"Hatunen" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:36:43 GMT, "alohacyberian"
wrote:
"PTravel" wrote in message
groups.com...
the First Amendment, and think about why political speech is considered
a "core value" of the U.S. Constitution.

LOL! "Core value?" Love the Communist vernacular. So you are suggesting
that
the American right of free speech be freely granted to you, but denied to
me?
Gotcha. Hope you're spared the handwringing and you aren't so overwrought
over the next election. KM

I think you need to read what he said more carefully.

One should regurgitate the pail of garbage he's just eaten and eat it again?
Sorry. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:35 AM
alohacyberian

"PTravel" wrote in message
"alohacyberian" wrote in message

LOL! "Core value?"
Love the Communist vernacular.

I wasn't aware that the founding fathers or any of the various justices on
the United States Supreme Court were communists.

Nor am I. Nothing in the writings of the founding fathers or of the various
justices of the United States Supreme Court uses the oft-utilized Communist
term: "core value". KM

Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:16 PM
alohacyberian

"PTravel" wrote in message
"alohacyberian" wrote in message

So you are suggesting that
the American right of free speech be freely granted to you, but denied to

me?

Nothing of the sort.

However, telling other people that they should forgo their fundamental and
inalienable rights to political speech because their side lost the election
betrays a significant and fundamental misunderstanding of the role of free
speech in American society.

No, I never told anyone anything of the sort. You have created something out
of thin air, falsely attributed it to me and then proceeded to argue against
your own fictional invention. I realize you are instructed to do so by
Article #32 of the politically correct "Official Elitist Leftwing Liberal
Handbook", but such tactics probably help to explain why Lefties have been
declining in winning public office since 1992. By all means, you should keep
saying what you're saying and doing what you're doing in spite of the fact
that you'll keep getting what you're getting on election day. Your opponents
count on it! KM

#32. When your adversary presents a particularly damning discovery, pervert
it, twist it around, fabricate something out of thin air and accuse him of
something he didn't say, falsely attribute your invention to him and then
proceed to argue against your own creation with the hope nobody will
notice....
~ The Politically Correct Official Elitist Leftwing Liberal Handbook
~ http://alohahawaii.home.att.net/leftwing.html

Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:16 PM
alohacyberian

"PTravel" wrote in message
"alohacyberian" wrote in message
The Left lost precisely because of the actions of people like you and

Rita.

And what actions would those be? My support for political speech? My
faith
in the core values of the First Amendment?

Ah, there we go with the Communist "core values" vernacular again. I'm not
going to draw you a picture or get out the blocks if pictures are too
challenging to you. I'll repeat: "The Left lost precisely because of the
actions of people like you and Rita." I'm not going to tell you what those
actions are principally because whatever I post, you'll disagree with out of
hand which will benefit no one. Instead, I'll invite you to read what you've
stated and read what Rita has stated. Next I'll invite you to compare those
comments with the archetypal conjectures of the elite Leftwing Liberals. If
you can't see the similarities, if not outright parroting, its not my fault.
Then I invite you to look at the results of American elections since 1992.
Again, if you can't see the parallels, it's not my fault. If you wish to
excuse yourself and all those who beat that drum, please be my guest; because
if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting
primarily because in the United States, the majority rules whether you like
it or not. From my standpoint, I sincerely hope you keep blathering on the
way you've been doing because there is no way your opponents can possibly
sabotage your candidates more thoroughly than you do without encouragement.
We're counting on it come election day. Now, you may be one of those
political dilettantes or political illiterates who really don't follow or
understand political trends and movements due to lack of political education
or blinders caused by partisan myopia - but, the facts will stand for
themselves in spite of what I say and in spite of your acceptance of my
remarks. It's what happens on election day that counts - irrespective of our
commentary. I'll get back to you on election day and I rather imagine that if
things don't go your way, you'll disawow all responsibility and make the same
claims for your confederates. I won't buy it then any more than I accept it
now. Once again, I will stick to facts and eschew idealistic conjecture.

In 1992 Republicans held 176 House seats. In 2002 they held 228. Today, they
hold 230. In 1992 the Democrats controlled the Senate, today there are 55
Republicans and 44 Democrats in the Senate giving the Republicans solid
control of the upper legislature.

In 1992, the G.O.P. controlled 8 state legislatures; now it controls 21. In
1992, there were 18 Republican governors; now there are 28. And these figures
don't include the shift of the balance of power in many state legislatures
across the country.

Now those are incontrovertible facts. If you want to deny that your
influence, words and actions and the influence, words and actions of
thousands of other elite Leftwing Liberals hasn't played any part in the
development of those scenarios, be my guest. With the elite mainstream media
on your side and the influence of the bulk of Hollywood promoting your agenda
while the election results still continue to sway away from those efforts one
should be given pause to reconsider the success of the tactics currently in
play.

So, by all means, say anything you want to say - but, be prepared to take the
consequences of your insistence to exercise your "freedom of speech" even if
it does sabotage and destroy your chances of success on election day.
Majority rule is still the order of the day and to date, the majority is
still rejecting your theoretical buffoonery. KM

Old June 2nd, 2005, 03:01 PM
Hank Sniadoch

John Pezzano wrote:
"Just Dickie" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a quicker way to get a passport without paying insane
charges to some 3rd party company???

Thanks In Advance, Just Dickie

Mail it in well in advance of any travel. They then return it instantly as
they know you won't need it.

JohnP

It takes less than 2 weeks.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 05:31 PM
PTravel

"PTravel" wrote in message
"alohacyberian" wrote in message

LOL! "Core value?"
Love the Communist vernacular.

I wasn't aware that the founding fathers or any of the various justices

on
the United States Supreme Court were communists.

Nor am I. Nothing in the writings of the founding fathers or of the

various
justices of the United States Supreme Court uses the oft-utilized

Communist
term: "core value". KM

From that infamous communist, Chief Justice Rehnquist of the United States
Supreme Court:

The Court holds unconstitutional a practice as old as the Republic, a
practice which has contributed significantly to the democratization of
American politics. This decision is urged on us in the name of First
Amendment rights, but in my view the judgment neither is constitutionally
[*377] required nor serves the interest of a representative democracy. It
also may well disserve -- rather than promote -- core values of the First
Amendment.

Elrod v. Burns, 427 U.S. 347, 377 (U.S., 1976)

And some others:

I believe that this sweeping prohibition of prisoner-press interviews
substantially impairs a core value of the First Amendment. Some years ago,
[**2821] Professor Chafee [*862] pointed out that the guarantee of
freedom of speech and press protects two kinds of interests: "There is an
individual interest, the need of many men to express their opinions on
matters vital to them if life is to be worth living, and a social interest
in the attainment of truth, so that the country may not only adopt the
wisest course of action but carry it out in the wisest way." Z. Chafee, Free
Speech in the United States 33 (1954). In its usual application -- as a bar
to governmental restraints on speech or publication -- the First Amendment
protects important values [***527] of individual expression and personal
self-fulfillment

Saxbe v. Wash. Post Co., 417 U.S. 843, 861-862 (U.S., 1974)

If so, our approach to this case appears to us to be in full accord with
Ollman's admonition that the core value of the first amendment -- wide open
debate on issues of public importance -- "requires a consideration of the
totality of the circumstances that provide the context in which the
statement occurs and which determine both its meaning and the extent to
which making it actionable would burden freedom of speech or press." Id. at
997 (Bork, J., concurring).

American Postal Workers Union v. United States Postal Serv., 265 U.S. App.
D.C. 146 (D.C. Cir., 1987)

These observations imply that pornography bears little connection to the
core values of the first amendment and that political democracy has endured
previously in the face of "majoritarian notions of social propriety."

Herceg v. Hustler Magazine, Inc., 814 F.2d 1017, 1029 (5th Cir., 1987)

Lastly, we HN9consider whether the statements played a role in a public
debate. Where core values of the first amendment are implicated, even some
false statements of fact must be protected. "It cannot be avoided if the
political arena is to remain as vigorous and as robust as the first
amendment and the nature of our polity require." Ollman, 750 F.2d at 1002
(Bork, concurring). Statements made in the course of a political debate are
also more likely to be understood as opinion. Deupree v. Iliff, 860 F.2d 300
(8th Cir. 1988); Koch v. Goldway, 817 F.2d 507, 508 (9th Cir. 1987) (per
Kennedy, J.).

Price v. Viking Penguin, 881 F.2d 1426, 1433 (8th Cir., 1989)

On the second question, viewing all of the facts in the light most favorable
to the plaintiffs, it appears that the school board [***5] enforced the
dress code in an uneven and viewpoint-specific manner, thereby violating
core values of the First Amendment. In addition, the school has not shown
that the plaintiffs' conduct creates a likelihood of violence or other
disruption that warrants this kind of regulation.

Castorina v. Madison County Sch. Bd., 246 F.3d 536, 539 (6th Cir., 2001)

These took me about two minutes to find on Lexis.

Now that I've taken time out of my day to prove what I said, will you be a
big enough person to admit that you're wrong, both in ascribing First
Amendment core values to Communism, and in suggesting that those who oppose
George Bush should just shut up?

Old June 2nd, 2005, 05:36 PM
PTravel

"alohacyberian" wrote in message
news
"PTravel" wrote in message
"alohacyberian" wrote in message

So you are suggesting that
the American right of free speech be freely granted to you, but denied

me?

Nothing of the sort.

However, telling other people that they should forgo their fundamental

and
inalienable rights to political speech because their side lost the

election
betrays a significant and fundamental misunderstanding of the role of

free
speech in American society.

No, I never told anyone anything of the sort. You have created something

out
of thin air, falsely attributed it to me and then proceeded to argue

against
your own fictional invention.

Then what do you mean when you say, "Bush won . . . get over it"?

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups...t=0&scoring=d&

I realize you are instructed to do so by
Article #32 of the politically correct "Official Elitist Leftwing Liberal
Handbook", but such tactics probably help to explain why Lefties have been
declining in winning public office since 1992.

Talk about creating something out of thin air and falsely attributing it.

By all means, you should keep
saying what you're saying and doing what you're doing in spite of the fact
that you'll keep getting what you're getting on election day. Your

opponents
count on it! KM

Fine, then I can expect an end to your "Bush won . . . get over it" posts?

#32. When your adversary presents a particularly damning discovery,

pervert
it, twist it around, fabricate something out of thin air and accuse him of
something he didn't say, falsely attribute your invention to him and then
proceed to argue against your own creation with the hope nobody will
notice....
~ The Politically Correct Official Elitist Leftwing Liberal Handbook
~ http://alohahawaii.home.att.net/leftwing.html

See the Google Groups thread that I posted above. And, I assume, you don't
deny that the rest of my statement which provoked this thread is correct,
particularly now that your misunderstanding about "core values" has been
corrected:

You, most Republicans and the neocons, in particular, seem to be of the
belief that, now that Bush has won, the rest of us are supposed to
simply shut up and support his actions. I cannot think of a more
un-American perspective than that. I'd strongly recommend you review

Old June 2nd, 2005, 08:44 PM
Gregory Morrow

alohacyberian writhes:

Ah, there we go with the Communist "core values" vernacular again. I'm not
going to draw you a picture or get out the blocks if pictures are too
challenging to you. I'll repeat: "The Left lost precisely because of the
actions of people like you and Rita." I'm not going to tell you what those
actions are principally because whatever I post, you'll disagree with out

of
hand which will benefit no one. Instead, I'll invite you to read what

you've
stated and read what Rita has stated. Next I'll invite you to compare

those
comments with the archetypal conjectures of the elite Leftwing Liberals.

Of course the world is quivering at the thought that Paul and Rita are
behind the Worldwide Librul Conspiracy...

Alohacyberian you are in extreme danger of becoming a certified Usenet KOOK
(tm)...

--
Best
Greg

Old June 3rd, 2005, 11:46 AM
Icono Clast

Gregory Morrow wrote:
alohacyberian writhes:
Ah, there we go with the Communist "core values" vernacular
again.

Alohacyberian you are in extreme danger of becoming a certified
Usenet KOOK (tm)...

Indeed. Too bad as he's often provided useful information.

I didn't bother reading his screed.
A San Franciscan in 47.452 mile² San Francisco.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ - http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 --- IClast at SFbay Net