Passport Question???

Old May 27th, 2005, 06:51 PM
gman99

Just Dickie wrote:
Rita, you are missing my entire point. The soldiers that are there in Iraq
or any foreign war are doing exactly what the people on one of the planes
from 9/11 had done (The one that crashed in a field in PA, USA due to a
group of brave passengers revolting against their evil oppressors). They are
protecting their well-being and right to live as well as the lives and
well-being of other humans.

The people in Iraq are there following the orders of their
superiors..PERIOD.

Rita, You being a New Yorker, let me ask you a question. If you were given
the choice to put your life on the line for a chance at saving all of the
people that perished in the World Trade Center and Pentagon as well as the
flight over PA that crashed, WOULD YOU DO IT?

If you think that's what is going on in Iraq then you are very naive
and can I have your credit card number...just for the heck of it ??
(wel...you're gullable enough to beleive Georgie).

Well, that's what people that
join the military forces here in the good ol' USA make the choice to do
every day. US military puts their life on the line every day to protect
fellow Americans as well as people that our elected officials deem necessary
to assist.

MOST US service men and women are in the armed forces because it pays
marginally better than a regular McJob...don't kid yourself !

God forbid you express your opinion if it's AGAINST the government or
the military...yes....better move !

Old May 27th, 2005, 06:54 PM
PTravel

"John H" wrote in message
Rita said her relatives in Iraq were thus:
"his job is keeping America
and it's people safe and free".

That is a load of crap, bigtime!.

Keeping USA safe and free is a state of mind of which "you lot" in US
have a phobia , that borders on the insanity.

Not all of us. Please remember that 49% voted against Bush in the last
election, and his popularity continues to sink.

What your government has done around the world since "shrub"
got there has made America more unsafe and your administration
has certainly run rough shod over your (and others) so called rights
so your "Freedoms" guaranteed by your constitution are being curtailed
in the name of security.
Security in US airports is a big joke, and so is your the homeland

security
mob.
The private mob that do your airport screening are a bigger joke and
I suspect they employ perverts as well seeing as they frisk women down for
what I suspect is the thrill of a "grope".
Fortress America...
"soon we will be able to turn the water tap on and fill up the castle."

I (and many, many other Americans) agree completely with what you've
written, so I will leave it unsnipped.

Homeland security would be better at finding someone "under the bed than
McCarthy did when he was looking for REDS under the bed
and took US citizens rights and trod upon them . History repeating itself

Someone yells patriotism and you lot go mad, name calling anyone
"traitor or unpatriotic" who dares to suggest they may be wrong.

When will you lot stop listening to your crap US media who are
pussy footing to the currnt administration and get to know something
about the rest of the world.
Yur PBS network media is doing better at getting the fact to the people

than
the
mainstream media, and CNN is a bloody joke.

In 10-15 years US will be a third world power whereas India & China
will be more powerful than US unless US wakes up to itself and stops

beating
everyone they dislike up
(but only when they want the oil for your wasteful and energy hungry US)

You don't have "all knowing" knowledge (about the world outside US)
as you (US) seem to suggest to the rest of the world and you
(US citizens generally) are a very colloquial lot.
Not too many of your citizens even know where most countries you have

troops
in are on the world map and they appear to know very little about anything
outside of the continental USA.
(even those I have met whilst travelling around the world are very short

on
knowledge of anywhere other than where they have travelled to lately)
They always read "USA today" instead of finding out about where they are
by reading the local newspapers.

Hence 50+ a small bit % of you put an idiot & simpleton into the
white house like "shrub". You believe everything the lying Bast*** says.
Slimey as they come, would slip easily under the door stopper.
Four years is a long time for the world to wait to get rid of him.
You also need to sack Wolfowitz as he is the architect of your
"If we dont like 'em send in the army and belt 'em up" policy.
Iraq is your current Vietnam and we all know what happened there,
...you got your ass licked and you went home with your tail between your
legs.
US Should never have gone into Vietnam and assisted the corrupt Sth
Vietnmese govt.
France had tried to get that lot sorted out long ago, and they knew better
than your lot.

US supports corrupt/ dictatoral regimes when it suits their own economic
need,
otherwise they close a blind eye to this type of stuff that goes on around
the world
where people are being starved and killed (just like in Iraq in early
1990's)
every day of the year and it is still happening in other places far worse
than in Iraq.
Learn to challenge your Government and not believe every "spin doctors"
words that
comes out of shrubs mouth.

BTW I live in a democracy and we are free to give our government hell and

we
do
if they need it.
JohnH

"Rita" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:20:41 GMT, "Just Dickie"

wrote:

Actually, No, I don't want him to stay there. His life is in danger

every
single minute of every day but, on the same hand, his job is keeping

America
and it's people safe and free. I personally don't agree with us or

anyone
other than the Iraqis being in Iraq, but that still doesn't change the

fact
that we (Most importantly my Dad) are there and we will be there until

there
is some sense of safety and most importantly, freedom, liberty and
democracy. That's us crazy Americans for ya... Most of us are willing

do
anything for our people's freedom and we will help other land's people

do
anything for theirs.

I have the utmost respect for anyone in any Military service in any

free
nation even if I don't agree with a lot of things about the respective
government.

God Bless America and Everywhere Else, Just Dickie

Well, I for one don't believe for a minute the Iraq war is
keeping me safe and free and I hate to see all the young
lives being lost there. I'd be happy for anyone of our
service people who could get out of there, even briefly.

Old May 27th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Just Dickie

Well, you know. I have been homeless at one time in the past, literally
homeless and I pulled myself out. All with no help of my government. Never
been in jail or prison, never been a junkie or addict, I've never stolen or
killed. I still don't have much but I make it everyday. All America
guarrantees anyone of it citizens is an equal chance for life, liberty and
the pursuit of happiness. If you choose to put yourself in situations where
you are around murderous drug-dealing pimps then get out of that situation
or shut up. Survival of the fittest baby. Simple as that.

JD

"gman99" wrote in message
ups.com...

John H wrote:
Rita said her relatives in Iraq were thus:
"his job is keeping America
and it's people safe and free".

That is a load of crap, bigtime!.

Keeping USA safe and free is a state of mind of which "you lot" in US
have a phobia , that borders on the insanity.

The strange thing is...there are still more people dying in the streets
of America EVERY DAY then are being killed in war zones around the
world. The government ONLY cares when an American is killed by an
extremist...they couldn't care less if they're killed by dope dealing
pimps or other grease ball cowards. The war is nothing more than a
distraction from domestic affairs, something shrub has NO interest in
dealing with nor does he even understand.

Old May 27th, 2005, 07:16 PM
gman99

Not all of us. Please remember that 49% voted against Bush in the last
election, and his popularity continues to sink.

Actually...wasn't that 49% of the 50% who actually got off their fat
asses and voted ??

Old May 27th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Juliana L Holm

gman99 wrote:
Not all of us. Please remember that 49% voted against Bush in the last
election, and his popularity continues to sink.

Actually...wasn't that 49% of the 50% who actually got off their fat
asses and voted ??

Record turn out for us.

Julie
-Who has gotten off her fat ass for every election since November 1974.

--
Julie
**********
Old May 27th, 2005, 08:06 PM
gman99

Just Dickie wrote:
Well, you know. I have been homeless at one time in the past, literally
homeless and I pulled myself out. All with no help of my government. Never
been in jail or prison, never been a junkie or addict, I've never stolen or
killed. I still don't have much but I make it everyday. All America
guarrantees anyone of it citizens is an equal chance for life, liberty and
the pursuit of happiness. If you choose to put yourself in situations where
you are around murderous drug-dealing pimps then get out of that situation
or shut up. Survival of the fittest baby. Simple as that.

The the MOST oversimplified piece of drivel I think I've ever heard...

Old May 27th, 2005, 09:27 PM
PTravel

"gman99" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not all of us. Please remember that 49% voted against Bush in the last
election, and his popularity continues to sink.

Actually...wasn't that 49% of the 50% who actually got off their fat
asses and voted ??

I don't remember the actual turn-out numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Old May 27th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Bill Pittman

In article ,
Doug McDonald wrote:

I am far more disgusted with people like you who don't worry about the
3000 people ALL INNOCENT SAVE 19 OF THEM ... killed on Sept. 11, 2001,
and worry about how ewe can guarantee, as best we can, that it will
never happen again. That guarantee cannot be obtained by doing
nothing, and "diplomacy" is nothing. It can only be done by
ging to where the source of evil is and rooting it out. That ius
what we are doing.

Nope. The "source of evil" that led to 9/11 was NOT in Iraq.
Old May 27th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Bill Pittman

In article 5GIle.14164$IC6.13466@attbi_s72,
"Just Dickie" wrote:

Rita, You being a New Yorker, let me ask you a question. If you were given
the choice to put your life on the line for a chance at saving all of the
people that perished in the World Trade Center and Pentagon as well as the
flight over PA that crashed, WOULD YOU DO IT? Well, that's what people that
join the military forces here in the good ol' USA make the choice to do
every day.

Nope. It has been well publicized that many of the enlistees that were
sent to Iraq HATE that war, and would get out of it if they could. But
what can they do?

They didn't make that stupid choice (Dubya did), but they're stuck with
it.
Old May 27th, 2005, 10:02 PM

many of the GI's signed up post 9/11 to fight terrorists, not overthrow
a govt and create terrorists.....

Chuck