Passport Question???

Old May 30th, 2005, 02:15 PM
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

Rita wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2005 08:23:01 -0400, "TheNewsGuy(Mike)"
wrote:

alohacyberian wrote:

... the rest of us will continue with our
actions to make the world a better place to live sans totalitarian dictators
and barbarous butchers. KM

WOW!! You really believe that? After the USA spent a half century
installing and supporting "totalitarian dictators and barbarous
butchers" around the world? - Pinochet in Chile,, Noriega in Panama,
Batista in Cuba, Hernández in El Salvador, Cordova in Honduras, The Shaw
in Iran, The Monarchy in Saudi Arabia, oh yeah, and your good friend
Saddam in Iraq, and on and on and on... Don't give me your bleeding
heart rendition of "fighting for freedom". The US has done more to take
away freedom from people than you can imagine.

Okay, now you will start the name calling and invectives - but spend
some time reading history books first.

This guy is a one issue poster who thankfully was gone for
some time. He only posts rah rah stuff supporting the current
administration and has nothing else of interest to say -- EVER.

Well, actually he did. At one time he was helpful to people who were
going to Hawai'i. But since the state voted "blue" I guess he moved off
the island. ;-)

--

The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym

LOST Sawyer's Nicknames:
http://tinyurl.com/dp8nb
Old May 30th, 2005, 03:27 PM
jcoulter

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote in
:

alohacyberian wrote:
... the rest of us will continue with our
actions to make the world a better place to live sans totalitarian
dictators and barbarous butchers. KM

WOW!! You really believe that? After the USA spent a half century
installing and supporting "totalitarian dictators and barbarous
butchers" around the world? - Pinochet in Chile,, Noriega in Panama,
Batista in Cuba, Hernández in El Salvador, Cordova in Honduras, The
Shaw in Iran, The Monarchy in Saudi Arabia, oh yeah, and your good
friend Saddam in Iraq, and on and on and on... Don't give me your
bleeding heart rendition of "fighting for freedom". The US has done
more to take away freedom from people than you can imagine.

Okay, now you will start the name calling and invectives - but spend
some time reading history books first.

But Mike, those were Benevolent Dictators®(trademark of US Government)!
Men who, if not for the bad guys, would have been good guys. Now look
for instance at Chavez in Venezuela, he is a "Dictator" because he likes
Castro and thus is not a friend of Freedom. The Saudi's are friends of
Freedom even if they are a little repressive. HUGE DOSE OF SARCASM It
is all too easy to see and understand especially if you are able to
quote my non relative, thank God, Ann.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old May 30th, 2005, 03:58 PM
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

jcoulter wrote:
But Mike, those were Benevolent Dictators®(trademark of US Government)!
Men who, if not for the bad guys, would have been good guys. Now look
for instance at Chavez in Venezuela, he is a "Dictator" because he likes
Castro and thus is not a friend of Freedom. The Saudi's are friends of
Freedom even if they are a little repressive. HUGE DOSE OF SARCASM It
is all too easy to see and understand especially if you are able to
quote my non relative, thank God, Ann.

Yes, so many Americans are so blind to what their government has really
done and they believe the propaganda. NOW, to set matters straight I
think the US has done some good things and that there are a lot of
Americans and a lot of American money flowing for humanitarian reasons.

But the incursion into Iraq is not one of them. For Bush and his close
friends it was "personal" and it was "business". But they sold it to
the people who were still living in fear from 9-11 as a war against
terror. They sold it on the WMD and they sold it as Iraq having links
to Al-Qaeda. None of which was true at the time and has proven to be
true in fact. To be fair Iraq and Saddam did have STRONG links to Hamas
and the Palestinian Terrorists, perhaps that's why KM (alohacyberian) is
so pro-Bush on this issue.

But why are the Americans so childish that they have to be lied to.

Just say, "It's good for General Motors" and be done with it.

Old May 30th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Bill Pittman

In article
,
"alohacyberian" wrote:

"Bill Pittman" wrote in message
In article 5GIle.14164$IC6.13466@attbi_s72,
"Just Dickie" wrote:

Rita, You being a New Yorker, let me ask you a question. If you were given
the choice to put your life on the line for a chance at saving all of the
people that perished in the World Trade Center and Pentagon as well as the
flight over PA that crashed, WOULD YOU DO IT? Well, that's what people
that
join the military forces here in the good ol' USA make the choice to do
every day.

Nope. It has been well publicized that many of the enlistees that were
sent to Iraq HATE that war, and would get out of it if they could. But
what can they do?

They didn't make that stupid choice (Dubya did), but they're stuck with
it.

Sorry, but you use the word "many" when you mean "few" though you've probably
been properly indoctrinated by the elite mainstream media. President Bush, (I
hope you don't mind if I eschew your childish name-calling) had the
overwhelming support of both houses of Congress and the support of 17
enforceable United Nations resolutions (which have not been rescinded to this
day) which allowed for armed invasion of Iraq along with the fact that Saddam
Hussein and the Iraqi government were in violation of the terms of the Safwan
Accords (which were signed by Saddam Hussein himself) which called for armed
invasion in the event of their noncompliance: Iraq was not compliant with the
Safwan Accords. Saddam was, therefore deposed. So solly. KM

Of course. How stupid of me to think that anyone in the armed forces,
risking his/her life in Iraq, could POSSIBLY think something different
from what both houses of Congress thought on a single occasion. How
stupid, also, for me to think that the atrocities of Saddam don't
justify ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING to get rid of him, regardless of how
many US and Iraqi citizens are killed and wounded in the process.
Old May 30th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Bill Pittman

"alohacyberian" wrote ELEVEN SUCCESSIVE MESSAGES!

Not successful, please note; just successive.

Don't you ever get tired of spouting right-wing crap? Do you work at
all? Do you do that at work too?
Old May 30th, 2005, 10:59 PM
PTravel

alohacyberian wrote:
"PTravel" wrote in message

Not all of us. Please remember that 49% voted against Bush in the last
election, and his popularity continues to sink.

Obviously you are not an American voter.

That's one wrong -- I've been an American voter since I was old enough
to vote.

American election ballots don't have
a provision for voting against anyone.

You're far too literal minded. The 49% I referred to was the vote for
candidates other than Bush.

As for voting for someone, Bush got
more votes both times than Bill Clinton got either time.

Bush also got more votes cast against him than any other President in
the history of the US.

While you may be
content to sit and lick your wounds regarding the last presidential election,
it's over and Bush is in the White House.

"Lick my wounds"?

It might not be a bad idea to
concern yourself with more consequential matters.\

How the rest of the world perceives the US is a very, very
consequential matter. It's important to remind them that a shade under
half the voters in the US rejected Bush and his policies.

Or is reality more than you
intend to tolerate? KM

You, most Republicans and the neocons, in particular, seem to be of the
belief that, now that Bush has won, the rest of us are supposed to
simply shut up and support his actions. I cannot think of a more
un-American perspective than that. I'd strongly recommend you review
the First Amendment, and think about why political speech is considered
a "core value" of the U.S. Constitution.

--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect

Old May 31st, 2005, 02:37 AM
Bill Pittman

In article .com,
"PTravel" wrote:

You, most Republicans and the neocons, in particular, seem to be of the
belief that, now that Bush has won, the rest of us are supposed to
simply shut up and support his actions. I cannot think of a more
un-American perspective than that. I'd strongly recommend you review
the First Amendment, and think about why political speech is considered
a "core value" of the U.S. Constitution.

Up until the last 15 years or so, I can't remember ANY occasion when the
winning party in a national election said to the losing party "You lost;
now live with it." There was always SOME effort at compromise with the
losing party to accomplish good things for the public.

Now, the far-right Republicans essentially write off anyone who doesn't
subscribe to their cockamamie views of how things should be run. They
make no attempt to build consensus; instead, they proclaim "We ARE the
consensus; agree with us or go into your isolated corner/leave the
country."
Old June 1st, 2005, 01:00 PM
alohacyberian

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" wrote in message
.. .
alohacyberian wrote:
... the rest of us will continue with our
actions to make the world a better place to live sans totalitarian
dictators and barbarous butchers. KM

WOW!! You really believe that? After the USA spent a half century
installing and supporting "totalitarian dictators and barbarous butchers"
around the world? - Pinochet in Chile,, Noriega in Panama,

The Cold War is over. Motives change. Times change. Or hadn't you noticed? Or
you don't want to notice because being an America-hater is your raison
d'etre? So, sorry, but the United States is going to continue to do things
without seeking your personal approval. You may as well get used to it until
some other powerhouse like France becomes the only superpower. Until then,
perhaps golf would be more soothing to your nerves. KM

Old June 1st, 2005, 01:00 PM
alohacyberian

wrote:
alohacyberian wrote:
... the rest of us will continue with our
actions to make the world a better place to live sans totalitarian
dictators
and barbarous butchers. KM

Okay, now you will start the name calling and invectives - but spend
some time reading history books first.

This guy is a one issue poster who thankfully was gone for
some time. He only posts rah rah stuff supporting the current
administration and has nothing else of interest to say -- EVER.

Yeah, when you can't discuss the issues at hand, by all means turn to
personal slurs to advertise your intellectual stature. TheNewsGuy(Mike)
predicted you'd do it! KM

Old June 1st, 2005, 01:36 PM
alohacyberian

wrote:
alohacyberian wrote:
... the rest of us will continue with our
actions to make the world a better place to live sans totalitarian
dictators and barbarous butchers. KM

WOW!! You really believe that? After the USA spent a half century
Okay, now you will start the name calling and invectives - but spend some
time reading history books first.

This guy is a one issue poster who thankfully was gone for
some time. He only posts rah rah stuff supporting the current
administration and has nothing else of interest to say -- EVER.

Well, actually he did. At one time he was helpful to people who were going
to Hawai'i. But since the state voted "blue" I guess he moved off the
island. ;-)

Telling lies about people in general and me in particular because I don't
agree with your hate-America agenda; inventing things out of thin air and
falsely attributing them to me because it's easier to do so than refuting the
issue under discussion will no doubt make points with those who are your
philosophical and moral equals. That you so readily abandon the message under
discussion and turn to personal slurs says a lot more about you than it does
about me. If you won't or can't discuss the issue at hand, you needn't
advertise it in such a clumsy manner. KM