Tailoring on HAL

Old June 23rd, 2004, 04:46 AM

Default Tailoring on HAL

HAL provides it's suite passengers with
dry cleaning and laundry service for free.

Has ayone ever had any clothes fixed or made smaller or larger, by the
ship's tailors? Was there a charge for suite passengers?

Gadget

Old June 23rd, 2004, 04:05 PM
OcnGypZ

Subject: Tailoring on HAL

Are you thinking about that tailoring whicha advertises the new suits, etc?

If so, they only show swatches.. and take measurements. Nothing is sewn
onboard.

Now.. I had a little problem with an evening gown once........ and a couple of
the female entertainers came to my rescue with their sewing kits..............

Babette
Old June 23rd, 2004, 05:03 PM
Charles

In article , OcnGypZ
wrote:

Now.. I had a little problem with an evening gown once........ and a couple of
the female entertainers came to my rescue with their sewing kits..............

A seam on the part of my cumberbund that holds the clasp came undone.
The Chief Housekeeper happened to knock on my door to see how
everything was. This was on a Celebrity cruise. The only time I have
met that person who Celebrity suggests tipping. I asked if they had a
tailor who could sew the seam back up. She took it and it was returned
to my cabin repaired. They never charged me but I would have gladly
paid for their repair which has held fine for two cruises since then.
The requested chief houskeeper tip was earned that sailing.

--
Charles
Old June 24th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
A seam on the part of my cumberbund that holds the clasp came undone.

The Chief Housekeeper happened to knock on my door to see how
everything was. This was on a Celebrity cruise.

Neat, Charles, that she should come at a time that you needed help!
Like a fairy godmother..;-)

--Jean

Old June 24th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Charles

In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

Neat, Charles, that she should come at a time that you needed help!
Like a fairy godmother..;-)

I thought it was serenditious.

--
Charles