Celebrity Cancels One Alaska Sailing!

Old May 10th, 2006, 07:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Celebrity Cancels One Alaska Sailing!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Celebrity Cruises and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Celebrity Cruises Cancels One Alaska Sailing

MIAMI, May 10
Celebrity Cruises is canceling one sailing on Summit to replace the
starboard thrust bearing in the ship's propulsion system. The ship
must enter drydock to replace the bearing, which will result in the
cancellation of its May 20 sailing. The ship is expected to return to
its scheduled sailings on May 27.

The cancelled sailing is a seven-night Alaska cruise from Vancouver to
Seward. Summit is currently sailing a 13-night West Coast / Alaska
cruise that will end in Vancouver, as scheduled on May 20.

Guests booked on the cancelled sailing will receive a full refund and
a free Celebrity cruise from North America of up to seven nights,
departing on or before September 30, 2007, excluding holiday and
Celebrity Xpedition sailings. Travel agents will receive full
commissions for the cancelled sailing, plus a $50 rebooking fee per
stateroom when their clients reschedule their cruise.

"I sincerely apologize to our guests who are affected by this
cancelled cruise," said Dan Hanrahan, president of Celebrity Cruises.
"Although Summit continues to operate safely, this is a matter that
must be addressed now. Our business is to provide the best vacations
possible and I regret the disruption this will cause our guests. We
will do everything we can to assist them onboard other sailings."

Celebrity has established a special help desk to assist guests and
travel agents with rebooking, air transportation, land tours and other
issues. That toll-free number is 1-888-281-9343.

The cancelled cruise is expected to have a negative impact on the
earnings of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. of approximately $.04 per
share.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a global cruise vacation company that
operates Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises, with a
combined total of 29 ships in service and five under construction. The
company also offers unique land-tour vacations in Alaska, Canada and
Europe through its cruise-tour division. Additional information can be
found by contacting your travel professional.
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
news
Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Celebrity Cruises and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Celebrity Cruises Cancels One Alaska Sailing

Bizjournals.com just posted the following follow-up dealing with the effect
of the cancellatioon on Celebrity's bottom line.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/060510/1286683.html?.v=1
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old May 10th, 2006, 08:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

That makes me wonder... Since our vacation timeframes are pretty
flexible I wouldn't mind at all getting a full refund and then getting
a free cruise on top of that (except for any airfare fees that I might
have to suck up if I booked independent air). But I have a question.
If we booked a fabulous cabin and then our cruise was canceled, would
we be able to rebook our free cruise in the same cabin category? Or
does the 'free' cruise really mean the smallest interior cabin on the
ship?

Just wondering

Old May 10th, 2006, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
news
Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Celebrity Cruises and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Celebrity Cruises Cancels One Alaska Sailing
You know, it may sound like a "deal" but can you imagine you have everything
all planned and you find out 10 days before hand that you have no vacation?
I feel badly for people who have to "sign up" for their vacation weeks at
the beginning of the year (usually by order of seniority). What do they do?
We are leaving on the 25th of June with our whole family (7 of us). It is
my oldest's honeymoon too! How do you reschedule that??
I feel badly for the passengers that are affected.
Momma

Old May 10th, 2006, 09:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Everyboysmomma" :

all planned and you find out 10 days before hand that you have no vacation?

I feel badly for people who have to "sign up" for their vacation weeks at
the beginning of the year (usually by order of seniority). What do they
do?

While true for some passengers, for the majority getting a full refund means
they automaticly have the money to go on a diffirent vacation that they had
planned and could not afford to do both. Or just stay at hom and throw a
party or two. If they not know how to get the deep-discounts they even have
enough left over to hire maid services to clean up. Me, it would be trip to
the cabin with enough money to buy only the best in food. I already can see
the lobsters with butter waiting.

We are leaving on the 25th of June with our whole family (7 of us). It is
my oldest's honeymoon too! How do you reschedule that??
I feel badly for the passengers that are affected.
Momma

You can't. But can you honestly say that your honeymooning couple would not
like something else also? A trip to the Falls? A stay in Las Vegas? A beach
hotel in Florida? White water-rafting { nothing bring couples into each
other's arms like white water }, you got the money, blow it on something
really fun! And send them on the cruise on thier one year honeymoon if they
are not due soon.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
Cruising, building a Catamaran, Rebuilding Cabin, New Peroxide Still Design,
Writting SF, Programming FOSS - What happened to the time?
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from

BOYCOTT CRETINS WHO RUDELY ADVERTISES IN NEWSGROUPS

Ray has used various tactics in the past to form his present SPAM
haven, with brown-nosers kissing his derriere.

1996 rec.travel.caribbean Ray tried PRIVATE spamming

To which Ray Goldenberg of Spamhouse Travel responded via private
email:
Hi Craig,(private)
Give me a call, if I can be of assistance. I would appreciate
your business.

Craig For crying out loud! Is this what you do all day? Scan the
Craig Caribbean newsgroups for suckers to sell stuff to?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*------------

In 1997, Ray intimidated other Travel Agents who competed against
his ad:
Ray Goldenberg ,
says that this group will boycott my business
The reason being that I posted only the URL of my site

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*------------

Really IRONIC and INTERESTING that Ray threatened to BOYCOTT
someone who post his business URL.

In 1998, Ray refined his intimidation tactic on other TAs to
harrassements:
Mr. Ray Goldenberg )
continues to "stalk" me via the internet. In the last three weeks I
have received no less than 15 onsolicated, harassing e:mails from
this individual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*---------------

You see, over the years, Ray has built his present SPAMMING Empire
in rec.travel.cruises through every DISHONORABLE tactic known to
mankind, to have molded the present crop of do-nothing yes-man
and Ray-worshippers like piperut and the rest of the rotten gang
who recognized Ray's ADS as ADs, but have been threathened,
harrassed, and imtimidated into their present submission.

I do not yield to AD spamming newsgroup fascists like Ray Goldenberg.

I'll spam HIS ADS as long as he spams using his ADs.

There are already HUNDREDS of posts in the archives (over the years)
complaining about Ray's ADs. None used the BOYCOTT slogans.

Ray will get plenty more of those, in time. From me and from others.
Then he'll see the effect of BOYCOTT.

I hope others will join the BOYCOTT

BOYCOTT RAY GOLDENBERG WHO RUDELY ADVERTISES IN RTC
BOYCOTT CRETINS WHO RUDELY SPAMS NEWSGROUPS
BOYCOTT BUSINESSES THAT ADVERTISE IN RTC AS RAY GOLDENBERT

GoldenAd Spammer NOT.

Old May 10th, 2006, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default BOYCOTT CRETINS WHO SHILLS FOR RAY GOLDENBERG

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:
"Everyboysmomma" :

BOTH notorious SHILLS for Ray Goldenberg for Ray's advertising.

Old May 11th, 2006, 01:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default For: Ray

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
news
Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Celebrity Cruises and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Ray:

I'm beginning to feel that your critics have a point.

Did you actually read the press release?

If so, why didn't you post a headline that said:

"Celebrity Cancels May 20th Alaska Sailing"

so that readers would know whether they needed to read the post.

Thank you.

Old May 11th, 2006, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

its_my_dime wrote:
"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
news
Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Celebrity Cruises and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Ray:

I'm beginning to feel that your critics have a point.

Did you actually read the press release?

If so, why didn't you post a headline that said:

"Celebrity Cancels May 20th Alaska Sailing"

so that readers would know whether they needed to read the post.

Thank you.

Of course he read the press release. Do you see "Additional information
can be found on www.royalcaribbean.com, www.celebrity.com or
www.rclinvestor.com" at the end of the PR?
Old May 11th, 2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"its_my_dime" (hold the .spam) :

I'm beginning to feel that your critics have a point.

They would if not for the fact I can filter out all of Ray's posts with a
single filter line in my OS. Whereas his so-called critics keep changing
thier names to by-pass filters. Post false usenet guide-lines. And sure use
some foul lanuage - none of which I have seen Ray do.

Earl Colby Pottinger