air tran rule 240?

Old April 24th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Tony Rice

Default air tran rule 240?

What are Air Tran's rule 240 policies like. Their contract of
carriage says that they put you on "another flight" or offer a
refund.

What happens in reality though with a cancelled flight where another
Air Tran flight isn't available until the next morning? This flight
was cancelled several weeks in advance due to "air traffic control
concerns"[sic], a BS answer if I've ever heard one.

Old April 24th, 2004, 09:21 PM
mrtravelkay

Tony Rice wrote:
What are Air Tran's rule 240 policies like. Their contract of
carriage says that they put you on "another flight" or offer a
refund.

What happens in reality though with a cancelled flight where another
Air Tran flight isn't available until the next morning? This flight
was cancelled several weeks in advance due to "air traffic control
concerns"[sic], a BS answer if I've ever heard one.

Reality is normally that if they can't change you to a suitable flight,
you can get a refund.

It may not be a BS answer.
See this article.
The FAA ordered the reductions in this case:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...ngestion_x.htm

Additionally, airlines knew ahead of time about needed reductions after
the radar station burned up in So California a while back.

Old April 25th, 2004, 12:18 AM
Chip

Tony Rice wrote:

What are Air Tran's rule 240 policies like. Their contract of
carriage says that they put you on "another flight" or offer a
refund.

What happens in reality though with a cancelled flight where another
Air Tran flight isn't available until the next morning? This flight
was cancelled several weeks in advance due to "air traffic control
concerns"[sic], a BS answer if I've ever heard one.

My brother missed his AirTran connection in Atlanta because their
originating flight was 2 hours late. They put him in a hotel and on the
next morning's flight. (They didn't try to get him on, say, a Delta
flight.) He was peeved that he got to Vegas a day late, but at least he
didn't have to sleep in the airport.