No passport needed for some cruise ship passengers....

Old February 17th, 2009, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default No passport needed for some cruise ship passengers....

Some cruise passengers will not need passports this year!

For details, go to www.getyouhome.gov then click on US Passport, then
Special Audiences, then Cruise Ship Passengers.

"US citizen cruise ship passengers on round trip voyages from the same US
homeport will not be expected to have a passport after the effective date of
the WHTI (June 1, 2009). All that is required is adequate proof of identity
and citizenship similar to that required today for entry into the United
States land borders and seaports. All other passengers will be expected to
have a passport. "

That said.... GET A PASSPORT!!!!!!!!!!! We have been talking about this
for years and the government has changed their minds and regulations more
often than Paris Hilton changes boyfriends.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

May 10, 2009 ALASKA http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old February 21st, 2009, 12:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake "George Leppla" :

Some cruise passengers will not need passports this year!

For details, go to www.getyouhome.gov then click on US Passport, then
Special Audiences, then Cruise Ship Passengers.

"US citizen cruise ship passengers on round trip voyages from the same US
homeport will not be expected to have a passport after the effective date of
the WHTI (June 1, 2009). All that is required is adequate proof of identity
and citizenship similar to that required today for entry into the United
States land borders and seaports. All other passengers will be expected to
have a passport. "

That said.... GET A PASSPORT!!!!!!!!!!! We have been talking about this
for years and the government has changed their minds and regulations more
often than Paris Hilton changes boyfriends.

Let's see. The legislation passed in mid 2003, with a date certain of
December 31, 2005. That got pushed to October 31, 2006. That got
pushed to mid 2007. That got pushed ........

You get the idea. It's just like the DTV transition. People will
drag their heels, knowing that "the government" will protect them from
their stupidity and intransigence.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Hi, I'm Michael Phelps and Olympic Gold isn't the only
Gold I'm thinking of.

Hi, I'm Michael Phelps and when I'm on Maui, Wowwie.