Hawaii 2010

Old February 20th, 2009, 12:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

Default Hawaii 2010

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:15:13 -0600, Dillon Pyron
wrote:

The Super Ferry has been on and off and on and off for over a year.
While we were there for 12 days in May, it started, then had a TRO
issued against it, which was dismissed, then, after two days, had yet
another TRO issued. There has been a long and painful fight between
the company and two environmental groups.

I thought it had been resolved but I haven't followed it.

Unless you are using Oahu as your base of operations, inter-island
travel is almost always a two day operation. For instance, there is
only one flight each way between Maui and Kona. Since Aloha said
Aloha, Hawai'ian Airlines prices have stayed relatively flat, but they
haven't change the number of lfights, since they don't have the
aircraft.

There are two non-stops on the days I checked. I checked the day in
Oct. we have reservations as one of the days. But even with going
through Honolulu, there are a number of flights that are less than 2
hours.

I wasn't referring to staying on one island and just taking day trips
although we did do that on our first trip. We were on Maui and had an
unlimited pass for, I think, 10 days. We went to Volcanoes National
Park as a day trip.

I really don't like the idea of island hopping on a trip of less than
10 days. It doesn't make sense, time wise.

The last time we went, we spent 7 nights on Maui, 1 on Molokai, 2 on
Lanai, 4 on the Big Island and 3 on Oahu, not necessarily in that
order. Longer than 10 days certainly but with a number of different
islands.

Old February 21st, 2009, 12:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Brian :

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:22:50 -0600, Dillon Pyron
wrote:

You can also head up to Mauna Kea. I'd recommend taking one of the
trips up, as your rental car agreement prohibits traveling that far.
The Saddle Pass road isn't nearly as bad as it was 10 or 12 years ago,
but the road to the top gets worse further up. I'll look up who we
used and email it to you. They were pretty good, with parkas and an
excellent dinner. We watched the sunset from near the summit and then
headed down to the visitor station for some serious stargazing through
a pair of high power telesopes, one a cat, the other a Dobsonian.

Could you post the name publicly? I'd be interested also.

Still digging. Sorry for the delay.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Hi, I'm Michael Phelps and Olympic Gold isn't the only
Gold I'm thinking of.

Hi, I'm Michael Phelps and when I'm on Maui, Wowwie.