Back from the GGC 2009 Solstice***

Old February 19th, 2009, 04:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

Default Back from the GGC 2009 Solstice***

"Gregory C. Read" wrote in message
We've only been on one GGC (2000), the big one. But your review makes me
feel we have missed out on another Great Group Cruise.

--
Greg

You did, Greg....what's stopping you? We are sailing to Alaska on the Star
Princess in May and many of us that were on the Solstice will be on that
one, too....Call George and join us!

--Jean

Old February 19th, 2009, 01:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
Tom K wrote:
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
BUFFET:
Good variety and quality...plentiful with fruit such as watermelon,
orange slices, honeydew, cantaloupe, strawberries and blueberries plus
the usual canned variety and prunes. Lots of grapes, bananas and
apples...Again Regatta did better in this area.We alternated eating
there and the dining room for breakfast and lunch. Delicious hot and
cold soups in the buffet and dining room.
Did they have an AquaSpa restaurant for healthy fare breakfast and lunch
like they did on Millie Class ships?

--Tom

Oh yes!! We availed ourselves of that for several little lunches. They
had a pesto chicken salad to die for, absolutely loved it and had 2!! Also
the Aqua Spa desserts were super yummy! Right up my alley --
glazed fruit tarts with fresh fruit, had a coconut flan one day with
peaches, few other things. Yum yum yum. We felt mildly healthy eating
this stuff.

In the regular buffet -- had pain au chocolat of course!!!! YUMMMMMMM!

Jeff

NO WONDER there was not much out when we went by there, Jeff! YOU got there
first! ;-P

--Jean

I wasn't that bad -- only had them a couple times! Was trying to watch
my carb intake! Had to be all those others on board! Only ended up
doing the room service breakfast twice...never could predict how late
I'd wanna sleep, so we ended up just rolling out and up to the buffet,
was more convenient, but I think Celebrity really has improved the
buffet with this new design here! Like all the stations, although I
would get lost sometimes, lol....

Jeff

Old February 19th, 2009, 02:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jeff wrote:

Only ended up
doing the room service breakfast twice...never could predict how late
I'd wanna sleep, so we ended up just rolling out and up to the buffet,
was more convenient, but I think Celebrity really has improved the
buffet with this new design here! Like all the stations, although I
would get lost sometimes, lol....

We only used room service when we had to be up and out at a certain
time. The breakfast buffet was was available untill 11 or 11:30AM, so
you could sleep late and not miss breakfast. It had such a nice variety
that we never got around to trying the omelets, normally a must for us.

sue

Old February 19th, 2009, 03:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Cruise Crazy

Hearing about the Solstice has made me want to try a cruise on her.
Y'all know I don't like mega-ships. But my intrest is piqued now and I
am looking for a December cruise. This may be the ship I choose.

Leaving next Monday for the Regatta.

~~DORIS~~
**________*/*/___/*/___/*/_________
*\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oceania Regatta 2/24/2009

Island Princess 4/2/2009

Pacific Princess 9/2/2009

Oceania Regatta 3/8/2010

Oceania Regatta 3/21/2010

http://community.webtv.net/DorisIs/AROUNDTHEHORN

Old February 19th, 2009, 04:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
Hearing about the Solstice has made me want to try a cruise on her.
Y'all know I don't like mega-ships. But my intrest is piqued now and I
am looking for a December cruise. This may be the ship I choose.

Leaving next Monday for the Regatta.

~~DORIS~~

I think that you would enjoy her, Doris...Have a wonderful cruise on the
Regatta...that I know you will!
Bon Voyage!
--Jean

Old February 19th, 2009, 04:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom K" wrote in message

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
Did they have an AquaSpa restaurant for healthy fare breakfast and lunch
like they did on Millie Class ships?

--Tom

Yes, Tom, they did. It was healthy fare but not too much variety on the
day we were there anyway.

--Jean

When we did the Fjords, we were on Connie. Being up on deck for hours at
a time, the AquaSpa was close by, and a good place to grab a few bowls of
strawberry soup and some fresh fruit in the late morning or afternoon.

--Tom

I love the chilled soups...especially strawberry, Tom. Most all the cruise
lines are now offering chilled soups on their menus, it seems.
I nearly made our air reservations for the Vikings last night but hesitated
as I wanted to know if anyone was coming in early enough so that we could
meet for a pre-cruise dinner.
--Jean

Old February 19th, 2009, 08:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
Hearing about the Solstice has made me want to try a cruise on her.
Y'all know I don't like mega-ships. But my intrest is piqued now and I
am looking for a December cruise. This may be the ship I choose.

Leaving next Monday for the Regatta.

~~DORIS~~

The Vikings are sailing in December. Jean and Ermalee are coming along.
We're on the Westerdam. Aruba/Curacao and Half Moon Cay.

http://www.cruiseoutlets.com/2009SuesDecemberGroup.htm

--Tom

Old February 19th, 2009, 08:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Tom K" wrote in message

[...]

I get in around noon the day before. I'm up for pre cruise dinner. But I
also want to be at the pier later that afternoon to see Oasis sail away.

--Tom

Old February 19th, 2009, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Cruise Crazy wrote:
Hearing about the Solstice has made me want to try a cruise on her.
Y'all know I don't like mega-ships. But my intrest is piqued now and I
am looking for a December cruise. This may be the ship I choose.

Leaving next Monday for the Regatta.

~~DORIS~~

The Solstice did not feel like a large ship, to me. Getting around was
easy and I never had to wait for an elevator, very long. They had
blintzes every morning, but I only ate them twice (wanted them every
day, though! lol). I think you would enjoy the Solstice, Doris.

Old February 20th, 2009, 03:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Tom K wrote:
"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
Hearing about the Solstice has made me want to try a cruise on her.
Y'all know I don't like mega-ships. But my intrest is piqued now and I
am looking for a December cruise. This may be the ship I choose.

Leaving next Monday for the Regatta.

~~DORIS~~

The Vikings are sailing in December. Jean and Ermalee are coming along.
We're on the Westerdam. Aruba/Curacao and Half Moon Cay.

http://www.cruiseoutlets.com/2009SuesDecemberGroup.htm

--Tom

I'm thinking the Viking cruise won't work for me schedule wise, sadly,
as I'd very much like to do HAL with y'all, but work conflicts on those
dates in December! Oh well. And I owe Susette a note on Facebook,
lol... Is this all on the Eurodam??

Jeff