Celebrity Solstice 02/08/09

Old February 19th, 2009, 08:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Default Celebrity Solstice 02/08/09

Celebrity could easily become my favorite cruise line. The ship was
beautiful, the cabin was roomy, they even had small drawers in the
bathroom, in addition to the shelves. There were two large compartments,
near the ceiling, over the head of the bed, for storage. We had a big,
flat screen television, but there was too much fun on the ship to watch
TV. The swimming pool in the Solarium is a fresh water pool that was
heated, which makes swimming very comfortable. The hot tubs were too
shallow, there was no leg room, so the pool worked out much better.

The Solstice had very good food and service was excellent. Our waiter
was terrific, the best I have ever had, although he was not proficient
in English. On Valentine's Day, all of the women were presented with a
red rose in the dining room and there were chocolate covered
strawberries in the cabin. Although I noticed a few toddlers on the
ship, I do not recall seeing any teenagers. They definitely had an
older crowd on this ship (yep, they were my age! LOL).

It was a wonderful week, full of good times with some great friends and
I would love to cruise on this class of ship again. The ship seemed to
bob around like a cork, but none of us seemed to mind, in fact, most of
us enjoyed it. I met the beautiful Lola and her husband John, Jeff &
David, Sharon & Jeanette. Nonny's beautiful grandchildren were there and
Countryside Travel gave away a free cruise at the cocktail party. We had
a fabulous time.

How can 7 days go by so quickly? Right now, I am suffering from the
post cruise blues. lol

Becca
Old February 20th, 2009, 04:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Becca wrote:

How can 7 days go by so quickly? Right now, I am suffering from the
post cruise blues. lol
Becca

That's so true! Just a blink of the eye! A little better weather on
days 1-4 would be good, but still I got a pretty good tan!

Jeff

Old February 21st, 2009, 01:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Jeff wrote:
Becca wrote:

How can 7 days go by so quickly? Right now, I am suffering from the
post cruise blues. lol
Becca

That's so true! Just a blink of the eye! A little better weather on
days 1-4 would be good, but still I got a pretty good tan!

Jeff

You have a wonderful tan. I was using a sunscreen with SPF 5000, so I
was protected from the sun. lol We had such lousy weather, the sun was
not much of a problem.

Becca
Old February 21st, 2009, 03:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Becca wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Becca wrote:

How can 7 days go by so quickly? Right now, I am suffering from the
post cruise blues. lol
Becca

That's so true! Just a blink of the eye! A little better weather on
days 1-4 would be good, but still I got a pretty good tan!

Jeff

You have a wonderful tan. I was using a sunscreen with SPF 5000, so I
was protected from the sun. lol We had such lousy weather, the sun was
not much of a problem.
Becca

That is very true! I wanted 7 straight days of sun but oh well, I tan
like "that" generally. We'll give it another test drive easter week
quite possibly!

Jeff