Williamstown, Massachusetts info

Old September 27th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Alice Bean

Default Williamstown, Massachusetts info

I will be stopping at Williamstown to visit the Clark Art Museum.
Does anyone have recommendations for other things to do there? I'm
not getting much by searching the net. Thanks for any help.
Alice
Old September 27th, 2004, 06:38 AM

Alice Bean wrote:
I will be stopping at Williamstown to visit the Clark Art Museum.
Does anyone have recommendations for other things to do there? I'm
not getting much by searching the net. Thanks for any help.
Alice

There is an art gallery in nearby North Adams,

"MASS MoCA is the largest center for contemporary arts in the United
States. The institution is dedicated to the creation and presentation of
provocative visual and performing arts pieces, and of works that blur
conventional distinctions between artistic disciplines."

It's a little to the east of Williamstown.

Old September 27th, 2004, 11:27 AM
New Yorker

In addition to the Clark and Mass MoCA, if you're into art and in
Williamstown don't miss the Williams College Museum of Art, see
http://www.williams.edu/WCMA/; although not at the level of Harvard, Yale or
Princeton, it is one of America's better college art institutions--well
worth a stop. Also nearby in Stockbridge is the Norman Rockwell Museum, see
http://www.nrm.org/