What's happening in Florida about Jeanne?

Old September 27th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Roger B.

"john grove" wrote...
Hotel prices will increase due to homeless locals, so its best
to replan for spring 2005. FL should be cleaned up by then.

IMO, there's no need to wait that long. I'm in central Florida.
Jeanne passed about 35 miles west of us last night. Tomorrow
morning, most everything will be up and running, including the
theme parks. With visitors scared off, the hotels will be likely
start running specials to attract tourists fairly soon. [Roger]

Old September 28th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Fustanella

Hotel prices will increase due to homeless locals

That has not happened, and I see no signs of that happening.

One local resort-hotel magnate, in fact, lowered his room rates to $40 a
night across the board for "refugees". My brother and sister-in-law stayed
in a suite that would normally go for seven times that, by the luck of the
draw. That's hardly something that should be reported to the price-gouging
number that was set up in July and has seen some but not a lot of calls
according to reports.

replan for spring 2005. FL should be cleaned up by then.

No need; the OP can come on down.

There are plenty of rooms available based on a call to one of the industry
hotlines, and the major theme parks reopened today after being closed for
all of a day. The worst we've had to deal with in the tourist sector since
the weekend is the occasional traffic light being out - and treating those
as a four-way stop does the trick.

Old September 28th, 2004, 06:42 PM
beth hodges

Roland Watson wrote:
"john grove" wrote in message
om...

(Virgin Hurricane) wrote in message

news:1gkmcyw.1btsdhns82bm7N%VirginHurricane@WDWho penot.invalid...

Is it going to hit Florida, what do you locals think ?

Maps show 2pm Sunday, oo-er, just when we are coming!!

Hotel prices will increase due to homeless locals, so its best to replan
for spring 2005. FL should be cleaned up by then.

I was booked into the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Pensacola before Ivan struck. It
is now shut for 6 months repairs!

No vacancies when I found that out last week, so I left it for a week while
things got back to normal there. I'll try again this week ...

Roland.

I'll be curious to see if you have any luck finding a hotel room
anywhere in Pensacola - lots of them are still full of power crews from
out of town, relief workers, and displaced homeowners who are unable to
find anywhere to rent since their home is gone or uninhabitable after Ivan.

Beth H.
TDC American Adventurer, Clever Corliss Cousin and Rakish Ratcliff Relative