Wild camping in NZ S Island

Old February 3rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
outdoorfreak

If you want to know more about camping equipment, email me at

Old March 4th, 2005, 06:19 PM
okieboy

I am a 21 yr old college student from Oklahoma, USA. I am planning on
taking a trip to NZ during parts of Dec. and Jan. I will be traveling
with up to three other guys. my questions are these. Is this a good
time to travel?(weather, airfare, hostel availabilty, etc..) i am
welcome to any suggestions on how to save money while in NZ and how to
get there cheaply. we are willing to travel by whatever way is
cheapest( on a plane, a boat, swimming?) any advice or links are most
welcome. thank you

--
okieboy
okieboy's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=297

Old March 5th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Neil Raines

December is Christmas and summer vacation all in one. Forget cheap as you
are competing with locals and tourists, but "expensive" in NZ is probably
"cheap" in US. NZ has no tipping and few add-ons, so the price is the total
cost. December will have rain. With 4 travelling together, you should look
at renting or buying a car.

news

Old March 9th, 2005, 03:21 AM
okieboy

do i need an NZ license or will an american one work if i am goin to be
driving

Old March 9th, 2005, 05:04 AM

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:21:22 -0600, okieboy
wrote:

do i need an NZ license or will an american one work if i am goin to be
driving

Your US state licence will be fine.

If you are a member of AAA, you can pick up maps and accommodation
directories from the NZ AA.

For general info on roads, accommodations etc:

www.aaguide.co.nz

Cath