Oxygen

Old November 17th, 2008, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
barbara s

Default Oxygen

Hi, Has anyone gone on a cruise with oxygen needed? Husband has
pulmonary fibrosis and would need oxygen as needed. Thank You in advance
for any informatin you have on this. We love cruising but have not been
in a year because of this. He is on liquid oxygen 6 liters a minute for
walking around. Barbara and Jeff

Old November 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"barbara s" wrote in message
Hi, Has anyone gone on a cruise with oxygen needed? Husband has
pulmonary fibrosis and would need oxygen as needed. Thank You in advance
for any informatin you have on this. We love cruising but have not been
in a year because of this. He is on liquid oxygen 6 liters a minute for
walking around. Barbara and Jeff

Yes you can. You can bring your own or you can have it delivered to the
ship. One company is http://www.cruiseshipassist.com/index.html

Have your TA contact your cruise line to get the specific requirements as
they vary from line to line.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Feb. 8, 2009 Solstice Valentine http://www.cruisemaster.com/solstice.htm
May 10, 2009 ALASKA http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old November 17th, 2008, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"barbara s" wrote in message ...
Hi, Has anyone gone on a cruise with oxygen needed? Husband has
pulmonary fibrosis and would need oxygen as needed. Thank You in advance
for any informatin you have on this. We love cruising but have not been
in a year because of this. He is on liquid oxygen 6 liters a minute for
walking around. Barbara and Jeff

Hi

I use 10 litres/min. from concentrator or compressed tanks. Have not had any problems cruising with O from Care Vacations from Canada. This number may be old, but try 877-478-7827. They have delivered to San Fran, New Orleans, Baltimore and Ft. Lauderdale for my trips of 7 to 14 days.

Hope this helps.

Harry Cooper

Old November 19th, 2008, 05:22 PM
voodoo53 voodoo53 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara s View Post
I have IPF also. Though I haven't gone on a cruise since diagnosis, I have looked at "Oxygen cruises" put together at seapuffers.com. Currently they have cruises to Alaska, Carribean, Panama Canal and around the British Isles.
Old November 20th, 2008, 07:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

voodoo53 wrote:
barbara s;941223 Wrote:

Hi, Has anyone gone on a cruise with oxygen needed? Husband has
pulmonary fibrosis and would need oxygen as needed. Thank You in
advance
for any informatin you have on this. We love cruising but have not
been
in a year because of this. He is on liquid oxygen 6 liters a minute
for
walking around. Barbara and Jeff

I have IPF also. Though I haven't gone on a cruise since diagnosis, I
have looked at "Oxygen cruises" put together at seapuffers.com.
Currently they have cruises to Alaska, Carribean, Panama Canal and
around the British Isles.

The various cruise lines have different policies
regarding Oxygen.
If your husband needs only a "concentrator" supply
(One that plugs into a regular electrical outlet
and makes an "enriched air (from ~20% to ~38%) it
is much easier to deal with than if he needs a
high pressure oxygen tank with regulator, etc.
Even if you need the tank service there are
agencies that can provide what you need. Contact
your travel agent or cruise line. The different
lines have different arrangements with various
suppliers.
Have a great trip,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)
Old November 20th, 2008, 04:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"J Carnaghie" wrote in message

voodoo53 wrote:
barbara s;941223 Wrote:
[...]

These oxy supply companies will deliver the concentrator and the tanks to
your cabin. The tanks are expensive and, as I recall, the D and C tanks
cost the same. Being on ten liters/min, I go through a lot of tanks and the
cost can equal the cruise cost.

You will have to have a note from your doctor that you are well enough to
cruise and send that info to the cruise line. Your TA can advise and
instruct on this. I have taken about a dozen cruises on oxygen and it's not
that much trouble. Go and have fun.

Harry Cooper

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake "Seehorse Video" :

snip

These oxy supply companies will deliver the concentrator and the tanks to
your cabin. The tanks are expensive and, as I recall, the D and C tanks
cost the same. Being on ten liters/min, I go through a lot of tanks and the
cost can equal the cruise cost.

10l/min? Wow. Most of the PTs I work with are on 2-3 on a canual.

Old November 22nd, 2008, 01:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
[Default] Thus spake "Seehorse Video" :

snip

These oxy supply companies will deliver the concentrator and the tanks to
your cabin. The tanks are expensive and, as I recall, the D and C tanks
cost the same. Being on ten liters/min, I go through a lot of tanks and
the
cost can equal the cruise cost.

10l/min? Wow. Most of the PTs I work with are on 2-3 on a canual.

(snip)

Hi Dillon,

Ten liters is the minimum, the setting I use at night. When I'm up and
moving around, driving, golfing, etc. I carry a shoulder bag set on six
liters along with ten liters by way of concentrator or pull cart. I'm in
the first percentile of lung function and that's supposed to be the lowest.
Life goes on. There's no reason to stay home like an invalid.

Harry Cooper

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 25th, 2008, 06:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

That oxzegon is very dangerous, one spark from my cigareet an KAWOW...one
less criuser,,,senior