"I Am Not American" Web Site Adds Designs, Languages, Merchandise

Old December 21st, 2003, 03:54 PM
Tashi

Default Don't you live in North America?

don't know what this convo was about but to correct Navin, I live in North
America but I am Canadian... to call me an American would be an insult....

"Nathan Rebney" wrote in message
om...
(Navin) wrote in message

. com...
Don't you live in North America?
There for you are American.

Firstly, Navin, please do us a favor and learn to cut excess text from
your post. Leaving so much of the original post to make what is
essentially one like of response is considered unacceptable.

Secondly, it's "therefore".

Thirdly, it is generally accepted that an 'American' is someone from
the United States of America. Thank you for your time

Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:29 PM
Bert Amada

Default Don't you live in North America?(Tashi)

Tashi wrote:
to call me an American would be an insult...

Each year, hundreds of people from all over the world, die in small
boats in open seas, and walking across blazing deserts, attempting to
enter the U.S. illegally. How many Americans died trying to sneak into
other countries seeking permanent residence?

You "America Bashers" are all the same. Due to your jealousy, you get
you jollies taking your cheap shots. You have a problem facing reality.

The U.S. is not perfect and we have made our share of mistakes...but as
a nation, it is better than anything else that has come along in the
history of mankind. To have you as an American citizen would be an
insult to our nation.

B.A.

Please note: To avoid spam, unsolicited email is automatically deleted
unread by my server. Only mail which comes from comes those who are
already in my address book is put through. If you wish to send me an
email, kindly say so in a post, before attempting to send the mail. I
will then notify you when my line is open to you.

Old December 23rd, 2003, 02:38 PM
McWebber

Default "I Am Not American" Web Site Adds Designs, Languages, Merchandise

"Miguel Cruz" wrote in message
Shashay Doofray wrote:
Absolutely brilliant. I AM an American, but the last thing I would want

do, if traveling to other countries, is admit it.

Everyone will know (nothing about you in particular, just that's how it

is).

I can't wait to buy one for my trip to Mexico.

Combining obvious Americanness with a T-shirt disclaiming such would
probably come off as pretty weird.

I think a T-shirt that says, "No, I don't want an extended warranty!" might
sell as well during the holidays.

--
McWebber
http://baseball.worldsbestdeals.com/spring_training/

Old December 26th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Tashi

k, I'll reverse the question... would it be an insult to call you a
Canadian? you know, we are all the same in every respect cause our
countries are beside each other..(sarcism)

It has nothing to do with jealousy. It has to do with the fact that I'm
born and raised in Canada. Canada is my country, just as the States is
yours.

I'm pretty sure that the " hundreds of people from all over the world, die
in small boats in open seas to reach America." are not doing so to "become"
American, they are doing so because it is economic necessity.

Of the people "dying to get to American" 99% of the people come from the
Carribean (Haiti and Cuba) and Mexico. I hardly think that is the "world"

How many "Fugiense" landed in Canada along the Pacific Coast to claim
permanent status in the past few years? How many people from other
surrounding countries and continents go to 1st world European countries to
claim landed??

How many American expatriots are there in other countries?(quite a few)

I guess the biggest question here would be HOW MANY PEOPLE FROM OTHER
COUNTRIES TRAVEL THE WORLD PASSING THEMSELVES OFF AS AMERICAN??

Old December 26th, 2003, 06:51 PM
mild

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/stevanh70/ScottishPhotos.html

Old December 28th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Bert Amada

Tashi,

You ask:

I'll reverse the question... would it be an insult
to call you a Canadian? you know, we are all
the same in every respect cause our countries
are beside each other..(sarcism)

My answer is absolutely not! I do not look upon Canadians with disdain.
(I happen to have Canadian relatives.) The fact that you stated that you
would be insulted to be mistaken for an American is contradictory to
your statement that "we are all the same in every respect."

If you wish to discount the many people who risk their lives to enter
the U.S. illegally, then consider the millions upon millions, FROM ALL
OVER THE WORLD, who have immigrated to America since the birth of our
nation. Are you going to suggest that everyone of them did it only for
"economic necessity," and none of them wanted to live the "American Way
Of Life"? Get real!

How many American expatriates are there in
other countries?(quite a few)

"Few" is the correct word, particularly when compared with the number of
expatriates that we have accepted.

I guess the biggest question here would be
HOW MANY PEOPLE FROM OTHER
COUNTRIES TRAVEL THE WORLD PASSING
THEMSELVES OFF AS AMERICAN??

As many as possible when they feel it would be to their advantage, and
as few as possible when traveling in countries that are traditionally
hostile to the U.S.

Now I'll ask you...how many Germans tried to pass themselves off as Jews
in Nazi Germany? You see...your "biggest" question is really irrelevant.
It does not prove what ever point it is that you are trying to make.

Old December 29th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Tashi

My answer is absolutely not! I do not look upon Canadians with disdain.
(I happen to have Canadian relatives.) The fact that you stated that you
would be insulted to be mistaken for an American is contradictory to
your statement that "we are all the same in every respect."

1. If you read the statement as I wrote it you would notice the word
Sarcasm in brackets..
you know, we are all
the same in every respect cause our countries
are beside each other..(sarcasm)

in that way, it means that we are NOT the same.

2. Am not discounting the many people who risk their lives to come to our
countries.
however the people who do risk their lives, are people who are desparate for
something they are not getting from their own country (be it economical or
political)
Yes our countries attract millions of "immigrants". However, the people who
risk their lives are not immigrants(immigrants have the means to emigrate
and reintegrate to another country), they are considered "refugees" escaping
from something unacceptable in their country. Do you seriously believe that
if other countries were as "economically or polically" well off as ours,
that they would be rushing to come over? I think not, they are doing it
purely out of need.

3. Our countries are made up of people from every nation in the world, this
is true. However, the reason was to reach the land of milk and honey, the
land of golden opportunities, not so? Our countries were new and offered
unlimited opportunities to those who had the right mind to seek them.
Do you think that if countries, as mentioned above, were not overpopulated,
unemployed, in economic, political turmoil etc.. that the people would still
come? According to history people came to our countries to seek a better
life, better farming opportunities, the fur trade etc. etc.. the people who
came to our great countries were prospectors and criminals.
and yes I do propose that the people immigrated here out of economic
necessity way back then and now.
and I guess I should state that I can't say it's true for each and everyone,
but true for damn near most.

4. "Few" is the correct word, particularly when compared with the number
of
expatriates that we have accepted.

just type in "American Expatriots" and you will mildly surprised at the
amount of Americans leaving our great countries.

5. I have NO idea what Germans trying to pass themselves off as Jews has to
do with the above topic. However, if claiming to be another
religion/ethnicity would save my life in some way... hell ya I would do it.
I wouldn't say I'm from a different country when I'm travelling though. I'm
proud to be where I'm from... strife or no strife. (Sorry I'm admittidly
ignorant on the German/Jew subject) I get the jist of what happened just not
indepth study of it. Why would a German try to be a Jew? wasn't it the
Jews who were persecuted in Germany?

my main point is, if America is so great and to be American is so great, why
do some say they're not when they are travelling abroad in either hostile
and non-hostile countries?

and answer this as truely and as honestly as you can, do you really think
that to be an American Citizan is the best thing going?

Old December 30th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Bert Amada

Tashi,

You wrote:

and answer this as truely and as honestly as
you can, do you really think that to be an
American Citizan is the best thing going?

Yes!!!

There is not another nation on earth that has a constitution that is
supported by it's citizens, and more dedicated to the rights of
individuals to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" than the
U.S.A..

The immigrants to our country outnumber the refugees by far, and they
come here by choice. It also appears that you have been fed a leftist,
liberal line, that most refugees to our country, really don't like this
country, but come here only to take advantage of our great way of life.
You actually swallowed that line?

Your belief that most Americans are ashamed to be an American, or should
be, is proof of the fact that you out out of touch with reality. You've
probably met a few warped expatriate liberals and believe everything
they told you. That sort of gullibleness a common trait of "America
Bashers."

I believe that we have taken this subject as far as it can go. I am
fully aware of the fact that you look forward to having a platform to
spew your anti-American garbage from. I'm sure that you are going to
want to give it another shot, so go ahead, but I'm pulling the boards
out from under you now.

B.A.

P.S. I'm not so gullible as to believe that all Canadians think as you
do.

Old December 30th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Turby

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 01:24:01 -0700 (MST), (Bert
Amada) wrote:

The immigrants to our country outnumber the refugees by far, and they
come here by choice. It also appears that you have been fed a leftist,
liberal line, that most refugees to our country, really don't like this
country, but come here only to take advantage of our great way of life.
You actually swallowed that line?

Your belief that most Americans are ashamed to be an American, or should
be, is proof of the fact that you out out of touch with reality. You've
probably met a few warped expatriate liberals and believe everything
they told you. That sort of gullibleness a common trait of "America
Bashers."

It's funny, but when the occasion suits you, you'll be the first to
bash facets of America that you don't like. When Democrats are in
power, you love bashing what the government does then, right? Like
most Americans, I love this country and what it stands for. But at the
same time, I recognize that our government makes a lot of mistakes in
domestic and foreign policy. I would be remiss in my democratic duty
if I just let it proceed without taking a stand. That's what the
democratic process is all about. Without people who objected to the
status quo in America, we'd still have slavery, child labor, and no
women's sufferage. If you want to shout from the rooftops that America
is the greatest country in the world, you have to acknowledge there
are still major problems here, and we have a long way to go before we
solve them.

To say those who call attention to our problems are un-American is
wrong.

Turby the Turbosurfer