Skyauction deals a thing of the past?

Old July 18th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Kim

Default Skyauction deals a thing of the past?

Hi Everyone,

Getting ready to plan our next cruise, so I have spent some time at
cruise.com, expedia, and skyauction to check cruise prices.

I can't believe what people are paying at skyauction lately for their
cruise. The last few cruises that I have been monitoring went for MORE than
I could purchase them outright for from a travel agent. In addition, the
dates were very restrictive...and there were surcharges for all but one or
two sailing dates...so add another 100 dollars or so to the bid price (and
then of course the taxes and port charges).

This used to be a good bargain place for me..(my family has purchased 3
cruises from SkyAuction in the past and has saved a good amount of
money.)...however...apparently word got out. I am still monitoring a few
cruises...but it is doubtful that I will be booking through them.

Anyone received any good deals here lately?

Let the buyer beware!

KimMCarr

Old July 18th, 2004, 09:37 PM
HDawson228

With ships sailing at 97-103% of capacity, is there really a reason for ultra
cheap discounting? I did recently book with a TA for a HAL cruise with balcony
for $699, a resident special which thought was a real bargain.
Old July 30th, 2004, 01:41 AM
rjinkins

I, too, think that the Skyauction prices have gone through the roof but, as
long a people will pay those prices, I'm sure they will stay that way.
Nonetheless, I booked one thru them last month. A 7 night Celebrity cruise
on the Galaxy for $354, out the door.

Old July 30th, 2004, 11:16 PM
kim

I did just book again through skyauction. I did save 100 dollars per person
from my previous lower quote.

Kim
. ..