First time in New England.......

Old September 24th, 2004, 05:55 PM
PTHman

Default First time in New England.......

It is our first time to visit New England this fall. We are interested
in
seeing (walk around town) a little bit of Boston and then drive around
for a few days--may be Vermont/NH-- to see the Fall's color.
Our itinerary is:
Sat Oct 16 6:00PM Arrive Boston's Airport (from San Diego)
Sun Oct 17 ?
Mon Oct 18 ?
Tues Oct 19 ?
Wed Oct 20 ?
Thur Oct 21 ?
Fri Oct 22 ?
Sat Oct 23 ?
Sun Oct 24 6:00 AM Depart Boston

My current plan is to spend first 2 nights in Boston then rent a car
on
Monday Oct 18, drive around and then return to Boston on Friday, spend
Friday and Saturday nights in Boston again then leaving Boston on
Sunday morning.

We would appreciate any suggestion/advise of where to go and stay on
this
trip and transportation around Boston and to/from the airport. About
the hotels, we are budget travelers but if the higher cost is
justified (convenience or pamper yourself for a few days) we would
mind to pay for that.
We will be traveled with a 2 year old boy so too much walking or any
hiking that requires climbing up and down may be very difficult for
us.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Patrick
Old September 24th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Łą$„

"PTHman" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Drive to the Mount Washington area, look at the mountains, take a ride on
the cog railway up and down the mountain. Then drive over to the Sugarbush
area in Vermont and look around there. Buy some maple sugar candy if you've
never had it before. Go to Lake Winnapasaukee or Lake Sunapee in New
Hampshire and take a boat tour. Go to an apple orchard and pick your own
apples or just buy some apple cider.

Actually, when I grew up in New Hampshire, as a kid, fall was the time to
collect wild apples and have apple fights, kind of like snowball fights but
more painful. We would use trash can lids as shields. I woudn't recommend
this for tourists.

Old September 24th, 2004, 08:38 PM
MLD

"PTHman" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Don't stay in Boston, the costs will wipe you out. Further out of the city
along the "T" line (public transportation) will get you into Boston for
$1.00 pp. Best to stay North of Boston and then it will be an easy ride to
NH and Maine. Don't want to get into all the details now but will add, as
others will, if you're interested.
MLD

Old September 25th, 2004, 05:43 AM
PTHman

"MLD" wrote in message news:yI_4d.25$OX.12@trndny07...
"PTHman" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Thanks for your advise. I'm still not sure whether I should go North
or South to catch the foliage during the week that we will be
there!!!! Some friend suggested that we should drive to Montreal or
New York City. Do you think it is too much driving in 1 week? And we
would appreciate any details you can provide about this trip. Thanks,
Patrick