Weather south Florida + Keys

Old September 25th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Runge

Default Weather south Florida + Keys

Hi all
Going there in a week
What does it look like between Ft Lauderdale and Key West ?
Will be driving, is it OK ?
Thanks

Old September 25th, 2004, 12:34 PM
jcoulter

"Runge" wrote in news:41552756$0$698$8fcfb975
@news.wanadoo.fr:

Hi all
Going there in a week
What does it look like between Ft Lauderdale and Key West ?
Will be driving, is it OK ?
Thanks

Assuming Ivan or Jeane don't do another loop de loop Fll south should be
fine, but fly there cause middle Florida may just be another disaster area
again.

Old September 25th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Roger B.

"Runge" wrote...
Hi all
Going there in a week
What does it look like between Ft Lauderdale
and Key West ? Will be driving, is it OK ?

Even if Hurricane Jeanne stays on its west-ward track,
the most affected areas will be to the North. So, I'd
say that everything from Ft. Lauderdale to the South
will be fine. These areas have thus been spared storm
damage this season.

The major N-S routes, I-95 and the Florida Turnpike
are both fairly well inland. The Turnpike is the most
direct route to the Keys and western-most route.

This trip I've done: Stayed 1-2 nites on the beach,
took I-95 to Miami, toured the Vizcaya Museum and
Museum of Natural Science in Coconut Grove, drove
US 1 to Key West, and finally returned via the Turnpike.

Enjoy! [R]

Old September 25th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Jeff

Runge wrote:

Hi all
Going there in a week
What does it look like between Ft Lauderdale and Key West ?
Will be driving, is it OK ?
Thanks

Not meaning to appear rude, but why not look it up on a weather website
yourself?
Old September 26th, 2004, 12:05 AM
jcoulter

Jeff wrote in news:Crm5d.87888$U04.51618
@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Runge wrote:

Hi all
Going there in a week
What does it look like between Ft Lauderdale and Key West ?
Will be driving, is it OK ?
Thanks

Not meaning to appear rude, but why not look it up on a weather website
yourself?

a weather page isn't going to say how bridges and things are doing after
this latest round of hunkering to await the passing of yet another huge
storm.
Old September 26th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Roger B.

"jcoulter" wrote...
a weather page isn't going to say how bridges and things
are doing after this latest round of hunkering to await the
passing of yet another huge storm.

OTOH, the fact that the NFL has decided to play the
Miami Dolphins - Pittsburgh Steelers game on Sunday
at 8:30 PM, is an indication that someone thinks that
it'll be safe enuff. [R]