Island/All Inclusive Wedding Suggestions?

Old June 14th, 2004, 03:45 PM
ron

Default Island/All Inclusive Wedding Suggestions?

My fiance and I strongly considering an Island wedding later this year
(fall or winter). The idea is to pay for our guests stay (3 day
weekend) at a resort, while they cover the airfare. The guest list
will be limited to family only, which should put us at around 20
people. I am looking for any suggestions or comments, but I also have
some specific questions:

1. Which Island/Resort? An all inculsive would be great, but not
100% necassary. Additionally, we will need to find locations that do
not require a passport. (we could do places that require passports,
but I would prefer not to hassle our guests with having to get a
passport)

2. Most guest will be from either Washington, DC or from Orlando, FL.
Any suggestions on when airfare should be cheapest? Any particular
airline that we should choose?

3. When would be the cheapest time to go?

4. I know that some of the islands require the bride & groom to be in
the island for so many days prior to the wedding. Any ideas where I
could find a list?

5. Would anyone care to share their personal island/all inclusive
weding experiences?

6. Group Discount? How do I go about it? Travel Agent or deal
directly with resort for best deal?

TIA

Ron
Old June 18th, 2004, 07:04 PM
anonymous

Hi,

for a largish wedding party that includes kids and singles I'd easily
recommend Silver Sands Villas near duncan jamaica

http://www.silver-sands.com

we got married their last june 15th (a year ago) at endless summer.

not an all inclusive but they're fully furnished staffed villas.

--
Windows Enterprise Server 2003 with 25 User Licenses

Old June 22nd, 2004, 04:19 PM
Steve

Hi,

We just got married in St. Thomas (june 5th) with about 70 guests...
I'd be happy to offer some suggestions to you that will help you make
some decisions. St. Thomas is great because no passport needed for US
Citizens (should bring photo id and birth certificate though) -- I
can't say enough great things about having a wedding at the St. Peter
Greathouse and Botanical gardens...you wouldn't belive the view, and
the cost to do it there probably was about the same as stateside (at a
nice place of course)

If you want more info and tips, feel free to email me at
- I can provide you will lots of pictures from the
event, and recommend vendors that did a great job.

Steve