Review of the Sapphire Princess (long)

Old December 30th, 2009, 10:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

Default Review of the Sapphire Princess (long)

(John*Sisker) wrote:

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:33:21 -0500,
(Jeff Gersten)
wrote:

In 2007 when we did our special 30th
anniversary cruise to the Baltics n the Star
Princess, we knew about the robes. IIRC,
you were asked on Princess' personalizer
whether you wanted them. We also knew
we'd get the same menu in anytime dining.

Hi again Jeff,

You are correct. As I mentioned earlier,
robes have been available for at least
16-years on Princess. It is one of their
signatures. Unbelievable that someone that
professes to be an experienced travel agent
had no clue.

I'm sure I could have got all of the above
information from my travel agent if I had not

found it myself.

Well, there is one travel agent who did not
know but you are correct. You would have
been able to find out from your travel agent.
:+)

Ray Goldenberg

Since you insist on trying to stir the pot for
some reason on basically such a non-issue, I
though I would try this just one more time. We
did have the option of choosing whether we
wanted robes or not when asked via the
Princess Personalizer. We said yes. It was
just that we did not expect them to be
delivered at 10:30 at night in a paper bag
outside our cabin door. Maybe over the last 16
years you accepted this type of service on
behalf of your clients, but at least to us, and
on behalf of our clients, this was
unacceptable. This is also why we're doing
something about it through Princess itself and
not just find fault with others via this
newsgroup.

So your robes were delivered late, and they even had the gall to knock
on your door when you had not posted the do not disturb sign. Maybe you
should sue Princess big time, or, worse yet, threaten not to book any of
your clients on Princess. That'll show them!

Wait, I have a better solution. I'm sure your room steward introduced
himself (or herself). You could have then mentioned that the robes you
had requested on your personalizer were not there. Or, if you had not
noticed yet, you could have picked up the phone and called housekeeping.

Wait, I have an even better idea. Since no one likes to be treated with
a condescending attitude, you could have let your wife do one of the
things in the above paragraph instead of you.

BTW, as Ray pointed out you wrote in your original review that you did
not know who ordered the robes and did not know if there was a fee. In a
later post you say you knew about the robes and ordered them on your
personalizer. So which is true?