The problem with airlines!!

Old March 27th, 2008, 02:49 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default The problem with airlines!!

On Mar 26, 9:27*pm, (John Kulp) wrote:
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:08:53 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

And if they allowed people to do that, why would anyone buy an
unrestricted ticket at the higher price?

That is a good point. *But I really wonder how many people buy the
unrestricted tickets anyway.

Those that want to be able to change them at any time.

I said how many, not who buys them. But you are right those that want
to change it at anytime can pay 3x more than what I paid for my
ticket. What a deal...
Old March 27th, 2008, 03:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John Kulp

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:26:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I am not sure where you are getting deeply discounted ticket. It is
not like I got my ticket at priceline or hotwire I purchased it from
united. I understand your point that I purchased the ticket non
refundable etc. However, when I called to change the best they could
offer (at first) was a whopping $30 discount from what I could
purchase a one-way ticket on their website. At the end they finally
agreed to a $50 or $60 discount. So, my problem is that they will be
able to sell my ticket and if they sold it as a one way ticket they
would make $370 because I wanted to change the day I go home. I
really don't think they need to make $370 for a one way ticket. That
is all I am saying. If you are jumping for joy if you wanted to
change part of your flight and the airline is going to charge another
$150 so they can make a total of $370 off of your change, then be my
guest. I think it is a ripoff and chose not to do it. I guess it is
a good think I don't have to. Unfortunately that is who they take
advantage of, is the people that don't have a choice. And if I would
have paid the $150 more the least they could do is give me a free
lunch

You obviously still cannot get it through your head the YOU gave UP
that choice when you agreed to the terms when you originally bought
the ticket. And yes, airlines themselves sell deeply discounted
tickets as well as others. Continental, for one, will guarantee that
you will get the lowest fare on their website. Your real problem is
you are greedy. You loved the price originally. Now you don't
because you want to change it and don't like the price. Too bad.
That's how business works. What the market will bear is what it's
called. Why should you be the one who determines what they charge?
You don't work for them.
Old March 27th, 2008, 03:44 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

I said how many, not who buys them. *But you are right those that want
to change it at anytime can pay 3x more than what I paid for my
ticket. *What a deal...

Then why are you complaining if you got such a great deal. *You're the
one reneging on the deal not UA.

Apparently you have never heard of sarcasm. I don't think I got a
great deal but that was the market at the time not much you can do
about it. Not sure where you get greedy. I think frugal or I am sure
you will say cheap. I can't just throw money around, apparently I am
not rich like you. I like deals as most people do and I don't like to
get screwed. In MY opinion they are trying to screw me. I choose not
to get screwed, because I have a choice this time.

As far as your other comment. Just because they sell the lowest fare
on their website does not mean it is a deeply discounted fare.
Apparently you do not travel much. Getting a deeply discounted fare
(by your defintion) is all luck of the game and I guess, your
defintion of a discounted fare. Prices change all day long for your
information. Again, I understand they are a business but that doesn't
mean they need to kill you with their fees. Yes according to you I
gave up the choice when I went for the "deeply discounted ticket" in
your words. But, they will let me change my ticket just take it to ya
when you do it.
Old March 27th, 2008, 07:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Mar 27, 1:31*am, "Mr. Travel" wrote:
wrote:
I know with the subject this could go anywhere, but just need to
vent. *I have a flight home from TX to UT in about a month. *My plans
have changed so I wanted to try and make it home a few days earlier.
Well, called united and sure we can change your flight for only $100
plus the difference in the fare. *I told them they were crazy and
after yelling for a bit they were able to bring it down from $180 to
$150. *Just a note I could by a one way fare for just a little over
$200 on their website. *So at this point not saving me a whole lot of
money.

Perhaps the $200 fare is more flexible??

Why were you yelling about being asked to pay what you agreed to pay?
If you don't want to pay fees for changes, don't book fares that charge
them. *You seem to be missing an important point. You do know that
airlines offer different fares, right? Why did you think your economy
fare was lower than others?

The $200 fare is not more flexible, it is the same class of ticket I
purchased previously. As far as fees I wouldn't mind paying a little
extra money to book a fare that is more flexible but when they charge
3x as much it isn't worth. My plans don't change that often, but when
they do the airlines sure try and stick it to you. I am just glad
that this time it is an option and not a must.