Need recs for resorts

Old March 9th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Tom Masterson

Default Need recs for resorts

I'm glad to see that this group is getting back into action. My tax refund
just came through (doing it online rocks-I'd recommend Taxbrain to anyone)
and I'm planning a trip. I'm thinking Caribbean or Mexico, someplace warm,
on the water, and not TOO far away. I love watersports, and my girlfriend
wants someplace with dance clubs and nightlife. I've heard Cancun is pretty
nice. I've heard enough stories about the Hedonism clubs to know they're
not our thing.
I'm open to all other suggestions!

=============== Comment from Moderator ===============
Where do you live or which airport will you be flying from?

Old March 10th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Pavel

Just a suggestion, I think it would be better if you replied to the
group. If I was the original poster, I would not have seen your reply
as I don't usually read my posts. I imagine most others don't either.

"Tom Masterson" wrote in message
: I'm glad to see that this group is getting back into action. My tax
refund
: just came through (doing it online rocks-I'd recommend Taxbrain to
anyone)
: and I'm planning a trip. I'm thinking Caribbean or Mexico, someplace
warm,
: on the water, and not TOO far away. I love watersports, and my
girlfriend
: wants someplace with dance clubs and nightlife. I've heard Cancun is
pretty
: nice. I've heard enough stories about the Hedonism clubs to know
they're
: not our thing.
: I'm open to all other suggestions!
:
:

Old March 10th, 2004, 05:00 PM
David E. Bath

In article 5Ex3c.759197$ts4.33121@pd7tw3no,
Pavel writes:
Just a suggestion, I think it would be better if you replied to the
group. If I was the original poster, I would not have seen your reply
as I don't usually read my posts. I imagine most others don't either.

OK, as I mentioned in a similar post, I will post to the group when I
remember to. The moderation software just makes it so easy to put a
message in a post.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Old March 10th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Trina B

In article 9_o3c.179026$hR.3309703@bgtnsc05-
news.ops.worldnet.att.net, says...
I'm glad to see that this group is getting back into action. My tax refund
just came through (doing it online rocks-I'd recommend Taxbrain to anyone)
and I'm planning a trip. I'm thinking Caribbean or Mexico, someplace warm,
on the water, and not TOO far away. I love watersports, and my girlfriend
wants someplace with dance clubs and nightlife. I've heard Cancun is pretty
nice. I've heard enough stories about the Hedonism clubs to know they're
not our thing.
I'm open to all other suggestions!

=============== Comment from Moderator ===============
Where do you live or which airport will you be flying from?

You might like Blue Bay in Cancun.
www.bluebayresorts.com

One of my friends stayed there and really enjoyed it.

I usually put off my taxes as long as possible and end up filing an
extension, but you gave me something to think about.

That's the first I've heard of Taxbrain. Is it new?

Trina

'' '' '' '' ''
\m/ RAWK \m/
'' '' '' '' ''

Old March 11th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Tom Masterson

Trina B wrote in
k.net:

[...]

Thanks. Blue Bay is a possibility, although the reviews on Epinions are
mixed. To answer David's question, we will be leaving from Oakland, CA
Airport. To answer Trina's question, I know Taxbrain has been around at
least three years. It's really quick, and you don't have to wait long for
answers on the customer service Q and A chat, which is why I like it.

Thanks again!

Old March 12th, 2004, 09:05 PM
David E. Bath

In article ,
Tom Masterson writes:
Trina B wrote in
k.net:

[...]

We stayed at Blue Bay Resort in Cancun, the one near the hotel zone,
a few years ago. We had a problem with the location, the beach was
poor and right next to a busy marina. The beaches of the main hotel
zone are much nicer.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive

Old March 13th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Pavel

"Trina B" wrote in message
k.net...
:
: You might like Blue Bay in Cancun. www.bluebayresorts.com
:
: One of my friends stayed there and really enjoyed it.

What's the difference location and quality wise between Blue Bay
Getaway and Blue Bay, besides one being an adults only resort? If I
recall last year, I walked by one of them, close to the Shrimp Bucket
and La Boom night club and the place looked like a dump.