British Airways

Old April 4th, 2005, 09:55 PM
ant

Default British Airways

"Richard" wrote in message
"Michael G" wrote in message

Most airlines have worked out that it is more convenient
for passengers to be boarded by rows so that people who
sit close to the front of the plane don't impede passengers
trying to find their seats at the rear. Your staff at LGW
have not grasped this simple concept.

No, you're the one who hasn't grasped the concept. If the passengers
seated
in the front were to board first, then they would block the aisles for
those
passenegers with seats at the back of the plane while they stowed their
carry-ons. When the passegners seated at the back board first, they
quickly
make their way to the back since they've no reason to loiter around the
front.

That's why boarding is done from back to front when it's not done as a
free-for-all.

I thought this is what he ws complaining about, that they let people board
willy-nilly, rather than loading the rear passengers first?

ant

Old April 4th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Jon Simpson

"ant" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote in message
"Michael G" wrote in message

[...]

More like they were boarding by rows as is the norm and he missed it.

BA are not perfect but the aircrew are certainly not rude.

As for the luggage. Complete rubbish, they can't wait to get it out of the
way and the cabin secure. If it was a problem it should have been in the
hold.

JRs

Old April 4th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Richard

"ant" wrote in message

I thought this is what he ws complaining about, that they let people board
willy-nilly, rather than loading the rear passengers first?

Actually, considering the way he phrased it ("As our seats were at the rear
of the plane we waited until most other passengers had boarded") it seemed
to me that he expects airplanes force those in the rear to board last.

I just feel he's making a big fuss over nothing. So what if they let
everyone board at once? He had just as much time to find his way onto the
plane as everyone else. He's the one who decided to wait until most of the
other passengers had boarded. No one was holding him back.

Richard

Old April 5th, 2005, 12:43 AM
Service Tech

"Richard" wrote in message
"ant" wrote in message

I thought this is what he ws complaining about, that they let people

board
willy-nilly, rather than loading the rear passengers first?

Actually, considering the way he phrased it ("As our seats were at the

rear
of the plane we waited until most other passengers had boarded") it seemed
to me that he expects airplanes force those in the rear to board last.

I just feel he's making a big fuss over nothing. So what if they let
everyone board at once? He had just as much time to find his way onto the
plane as everyone else. He's the one who decided to wait until most of the
other passengers had boarded. No one was holding him back.

Richard

Yer right.
And I've seen *very few* rude FA's on any airline. But most seem to get a
bit testy when someone gets loud & obnoxious.

Old April 5th, 2005, 07:10 AM
george

Service Tech wrote:
And I've seen *very few* rude FA's on any airline. But most seem to
get a
bit testy when someone gets loud & obnoxious.

I flew last summer from Dammam, Saudi Arabia to Frankfurt on Lufthansa
with my cat in business class. The leg from Dammam to Dubai was fine,
the flight attendents were very friendly. At Dubai, the crew was
changed, and at first they were also very friendly, that is, until they
asked me if I would change from my window to another aisle seat. Not
wishing to further strain the cat, I declined. After that, I was
virtually ignored. It had nothing to do with my behavior, it was just
because I wouldn't go along with their request. I find some people in
the airline industry unwilling to be helpful, and many down right
obnoxious.

Once when flying to Steamboat Springs from Denver on United Express, it
was foggy in the morning and flights were delayed or canceled. The
staff made no effort at all (actually virtually refused to help) to get
on another flight. After making several inquiries over several hours
and getting no response except just wait, I noticed flights departing
again to Steamboat Springs. Counting the number of passengers, I
realized that they were only half full. I went up and inquired again,
and they sent me to another gate where I got a boarding pass
immediately. The person in front of me asked innocently about his
luggage, and the woman at the counter exploded and virtually accused
him of assaulting her, and said something about not allowing him on the
plane because of his obnoxious behavior. She was the only obnoxious
one. If she had been a man, and he didn't slug her, I would have.
Nobody deserves to be treated like that, and I was going to also ask
the same question. I can't imagine letting anybody like that deal with
the public. And when I got to Steamboat Springs, there was my suitcase
sitting in the middle of the floor, probably for hours, waiting for
somebody to walk off with it.

George

Old April 5th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Martin WY

I just feel he's making a big fuss over nothing. So what if they let
everyone board at once? He had just as much time to find his way onto the
plane as everyone else. He's the one who decided to wait until most of the
other passengers had boarded. No one was holding him back.

Richard

Considering what the stupid tw(vowel)t wrote, its patently obvious
that he is not a very regular air traveller.