North American Airports That Can Handle An A380?

Old April 22nd, 2005, 04:01 AM
Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

Default North American Airports That Can Handle An A380?

Which North American airports could handle the A380? I've heard it is very
few.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 06:00 AM
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old April 22nd, 2005, 06:20 AM
Robert J Carpenter

"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in
message m...

Anyone else have a guess on where?

Orlando and/or Miami: Orlando for the European cheap holiday trade,
Miami for European connections to Central/South America as well as
holidaymakers.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 08:15 AM
Mika

Robert J Carpenter wrote:

"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in
message m...

Anyone else have a guess on where?

Orlando and/or Miami: Orlando for the European cheap holiday trade,
Miami for European connections to Central/South America as well as
holidaymakers.

Don't think that charter operators have a need for the 380 at this time.
They can squezze enough people into smaller airframes. Plus a lot of
charters don't use the airports where slots are scarce.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 10:16 AM
Stephen Farrow

Mika wrote:
Robert J Carpenter wrote:

"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in
message m...

Anyone else have a guess on where?

Orlando and/or Miami: Orlando for the European cheap holiday trade,
Miami for European connections to Central/South America as well as
holidaymakers.

Don't think that charter operators have a need for the 380 at this time.
They can squezze enough people into smaller airframes. Plus a lot of
charters don't use the airports where slots are scarce.

Virgin Atlantic have ordered the A380, and they fly to both Miami and Orlando.
Holiday traffic from the UK to Florida is significant enough that I can see
them eventually using the A380 on one or both of those routes.

--

Stephen

Believe me, I have seen my dark side, and it is yucky.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
Mika

Stephen Farrow wrote:

Mika wrote:
Robert J Carpenter wrote:

"A Guy Called Tyketto" wrote in
message m...

Anyone else have a guess on where?

Orlando and/or Miami: Orlando for the European cheap holiday trade,
Miami for European connections to Central/South America as well as
holidaymakers.

Don't think that charter operators have a need for the 380 at this time.
They can squezze enough people into smaller airframes. Plus a lot of
charters don't use the airports where slots are scarce.

Virgin Atlantic have ordered the A380, and they fly to both Miami and Orlando.
Holiday traffic from the UK to Florida is significant enough that I can see
them eventually using the A380 on one or both of those routes.

If they can fill a 380 transatlantic, good for them.

Old April 22nd, 2005, 12:31 PM
Joseph Meehan

Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³ wrote:
Which North American airports could handle the A380? I've heard it is
very few.

I don't think too many commercial passenger airports are currently able
to and many will not be able to expand to handle it. Time will tell.
Frankly I am not at all sure it is going to be a big seller, but I have been
wrong before and I am sure I will again.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit