Living in Australia for a year..

Old March 8th, 2006, 11:27 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Default Living in Australia for a year..

G'ay everyone.

I was planning to go to Australia for a year, but I've got a huge
Problem: I can't afford it. I'd have to sell my car for the flight and
tat's almost all I've got.
So I thought I'd do a kind of working holiday and there's even a working
holiday visa that I could get... ..if I was under 30 years old.
Unfortunately, I'm almost 33, so all I get is a usual visa that does not
allow me to work.
Now what I've heard is, that it could be possible to work there if I
found a company that would say they'd need to employ me and that would
apply for my visa. Is that right?
And if so, what is the best way to find a job in Australia? The websites
I found don't seem to be too helpful. Do you have any address of a good
website for that purpose?
Or would it be a good idea, is it even possible, to go to Australia on a
wing and prayer with a holiday-visa only (which does not alow me to
work) look for a job there and ask the embassy to transform the visa to
one that allows me to work, if I found a company that says: "that's my
man!"?

Greets,
-Wanja-

--
"Gewisse Schriftsteller sagen von ihren Werken immer: 'Mein Buch, mein
Kommentar, meine Geschichte'. [..] Es wäre besser, wenn sie sagten:
Old March 8th, 2006, 02:45 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Wanja Gayk wrote:
[...]

How old are you? If you're under 27 I think go to
www.bunac.org and get a working holiday!

Old March 8th, 2006, 06:25 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

'almost 33'

dumb as a stump

--
If at first you dont succeed
try try try again

_

Old March 8th, 2006, 09:31 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

said...

[..]
So I thought I'd do a kind of working holiday and there's even a working
holiday visa that I could get... ..if I was under 30 years old.
Unfortunately, I'm almost 33, so all I get is a usual visa that does not
allow me to work.

How old are you? If you're under 27 I think go to
www.bunac.org and get a working holiday!

As I said: almost 33.
Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Greets,
-Wanja-

Old March 8th, 2006, 09:33 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Try http://www.seek.com.au/

Old March 8th, 2006, 09:38 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

"Wanja Gayk" wrote in message

G'ay everyone.

I was planning to go to Australia for a year, but I've got a huge
Problem: I can't afford it. I'd have to sell my car for the flight and
tat's almost all I've got.
So I thought I'd do a kind of working holiday and there's even a working
holiday visa that I could get... ..if I was under 30 years old.
Unfortunately, I'm almost 33, so all I get is a usual visa that does not
allow me to work.
Now what I've heard is, that it could be possible to work there if I
found a company that would say they'd need to employ me and that would
apply for my visa. Is that right?

No

And if so, what is the best way to find a job in Australia? The websites
I found don't seem to be too helpful. Do you have any address of a good
website for that purpose?

Illegal workers usually end up working for wages well below the level

expected for legal workers.

Or would it be a good idea, is it even possible, to go to Australia on a
wing and prayer with a holiday-visa only (which does not alow me to
work) look for a job there and ask the embassy to transform the visa to
one that allows me to work, if I found a company that says: "that's my
man!"?

There are no VISA changes allowed any longer whilst you are in Aus.

Even fiancees have to leave the country and go back to their country
to get the VISA that is required.

You'd be better off joining a dating website, find a fat, ugly, mentally

impaired chick who will marry you, arrive on a fiancee VISA and
give her the flick after a year.

Greets,
-Wanja-

Old March 16th, 2006, 05:48 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Wanja,

Do you have any formal qualifications like a trade, plumbing, engineering or
anything like that or maybe you have some other background or qualification
that you might have that we may want here in Australia.

Apparently, there has been a recruiting drive in some parts of the world
trying to get workers or tradesman in to cover the shortfall of skilled
workers in this country.

If you do have a trade, check with the Australian Embassy in your Capital
city to find out if your trade is included in those that we're short of
workers and you might strike it lucky.

Otherwise, have a long range plan to move here and put your paper in to
become a migrant and migrate the usual way (the front door apposed to the
back door (illegal) and you might be accepted through the normal channels.

At 33, You are still reletively young so while you're waiting for that to go
through, it'll give you time to work your butt off at home and save some
money till the time to arrive.

Depending where you come from, Australia has a dual nationality scheme with
some countried that allow you to have either Australian and your
nationalality as well, so when you become permanent resident here, you can
come and go as you please.

Australia still accepts up to around 70,000 new migrants a year, some
portion of that is for those seeking assylum, refugees and the like, but
those who simply wish to migrate here, and providing you have a clean record
and good health, you might be selected. No guarrantees of course but it's
worth a try.

If you do it the right way, you'll normally be granted the right to work
straight away.

If you come in as student visa, you have to prove your study arrangments and
you might get a temporaly working visa for part time restricted work only.

Hope this helps
Cheers

DJ