Denmark

Old September 16th, 2006, 04:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Denmark

We want to visit the castles of Denmark, see some beaches, tour some
Viking museums and see the sites of Denmark.

What is a good way to get around. Bicycle is not possible.

Train? rent a car? Bus?

Bob
Old September 16th, 2006, 05:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Is car rental reasonably priced? any idea how much?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:49:57 +0200, Kristian

We want to visit the castles of Denmark, see some beaches, tour some
Viking museums and see the sites of Denmark.

What is a good way to get around. Bicycle is not possible.

Train? rent a car? Bus?

Bob

The answer to that one , depends a bit upon how much you plan to move
around. Trains are great for getting from one town to another, but car
hire would of course be the best if you wan´t to move independently
around.
But you can see a lot of the stuff you mention by coach tours from
Copenhagen:
http://www.sightseeing.dk/

Old September 16th, 2006, 08:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Don Wiss

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Frank Clarke wrote:

Copenhagen is littered with public-use bicycles (20Kr
deposit) which you can use to get around the city easily. When you return the
bike to a rack for the next person's use, you get your 20Kr back.

And how long ago was this? I was there in June 2005. Never did I find a
functioning bicycle available to use. All were in use, or had been damaged.
I ended up renting. In Arhus, where a similar program was just starting,
did have ample available. But you can't leave the city limits with one, so
I rented a bike that I could use around the countryside.

My trip report is he http://donwiss.com/travel/Denmark2005.htm
Picture he http://donwiss.com/pictures/Denmark-2005/

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at page bottoms).
Old September 17th, 2006, 02:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Clarke

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:37:05 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Frank Clarke wrote:

Copenhagen is littered with public-use bicycles (20Kr
deposit) which you can use to get around the city easily. When you return the
bike to a rack for the next person's use, you get your 20Kr back.

And how long ago was this? I was there in June 2005. Never did I find a
functioning bicycle available to use. All were in use, or had been damaged.
I ended up renting.

2003: http://web.tampabay.rr.com/mvsrexx/2003SK/DSC00516.html

(change Arabic number to Roman numeral to email)
Old September 17th, 2006, 02:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Don Wiss

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, Frank Clarke wrote:

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:37:05 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Frank Clarke wrote:

Copenhagen is littered with public-use bicycles (20Kr
deposit) which you can use to get around the city easily. When you return the
bike to a rack for the next person's use, you get your 20Kr back.

And how long ago was this? I was there in June 2005. Never did I find a
functioning bicycle available to use. All were in use, or had been damaged.
I ended up renting.

2003: http://web.tampabay.rr.com/mvsrexx/2003SK/DSC00516.html

I see. That was three years ago. Unless they added a bunch between June
2005 and now, they are pretty much gone. Either beat up, being kept and not
being returned to the racks, or the demand far exceeds the supply, and it
is rare that you can find one available.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).