Best Months for SE Asia

Old December 3rd, 2003, 03:13 PM
waterdog

Default Best Months for SE Asia

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about monsoons. Now I would
appreciate your input about the best time of year to visit southeast asia as
well as months to avoid. We are fairly flexible with our time and want to
make sure that we visit when weather conditions are the best.
Thanks.

Old December 3rd, 2003, 03:30 PM
SportChick

We were there from Feb 1 to May 15. While the weather got progressively
hotter toward the end, and even started to rain a bit, it didn't really
affect our trip in a negative way at all. An advantage to being there
through at least mid-April is that you get the advantage of being around
during the New Year's celebrations (we were in Laos, but the same things
happen in Thailand, and I think, in several other countries). That period
of time also covered the Chinese New Year, the Lahu New Year, the Chiang Mai
Flower Festival and several other events.

But there are, of course, other opinions, I am sure. That is just when we
were there.

Cheers,

Donna
http://www.KirkandDonna.com/

Old December 4th, 2003, 02:59 PM
sing

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:13:52 -0700, "waterdog" wrote:

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about monsoons. Now I would
appreciate your input about the best time of year to visit southeast asia as
well as months to avoid. We are fairly flexible with our time and want to
make sure that we visit when weather conditions are the best.
Thanks.

Month of December in Singapore is best. For this month, public
whippings of petty criminals take place every Wed in addition to the
weekly Fri whippings.....a sight not to miss in
"disneyland-with-the-death-penalty".....