Bassinet on a plane

Old April 23rd, 2004, 11:20 AM
Simon Elliott

Default Bassinet on a plane

Tchiowa writes
Or you might want to ask yourself why babies cry on airplanes. The
answer is that they are in pain because they don't know how to relieve
the pressure. Then ask yourself why you are doing that to an 18 month
old child.

According to the OP, the child in question is 8 months old, not 18.
Feeding just after takeoff and just before landing is a simple way of
alleviating this problem.
--
Simon Elliott
http://www.ctsn.co.uk/

Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:41 PM
jenn

Banty wrote:

In article , Ian says...

We'll be bringing our baby (8 month old) over to Tokyo from SFO. We
are taking UA. They gave us 52A and 52C on a 744 plane. It's just a
standard 3-seat row, hoping the middle seat will be empty. The
reservation lady also said we can
have a bassinet. But I'm wondering how we can set up a bassinet in
this kind of seat. (She said we can do that because there are 2 styles
of bassinet ??)
Or should we request bulkhead seats instead?
Thanks.

Hi, Ian.

I think the best thing would be for you to call the airline to see what they may
offer, and what their specific requirements are for an international flight.

And the other best thing for you to do is ignore the idiots herein...

Cheers,
Banty

good advice -- generally the bassinets hang on the bulkhead -- but I am
not sure my kids would have fit them at 8 months and they were average
size babies

don't count on spare seats -- airliners are running very full these days
and many have been cut so the luxury of a full row with empty middle
seat is not something you can count on
Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:44 PM
jenn

Tchiowa wrote:

mrtravelkay wrote in message .com...

GalbreathM wrote:

We'll be bringing our baby (8 month old) over to Tokyo from SFO.

If you're so allmighty stupid as to inflict this sort of nonsense on your
fellow passengers, you deserve EXACTLY what you will get.

How do you expect them to get the child to SFO?

(Other way around, they are going to Tokyo.)

And the answer is that they are going to Tokyo to benefit themselves,
not the child. The best decision would be not to go to Tokyo until the
child is old enough to travel comfortably.

you, you self centered git, have no idea at all why they are traveling
there -- not that it is your business
Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:51 PM
Banty

In article , jenn says...

Banty wrote:

[...]

Yes, absolutely. Unles there is some special provision for bassinets (I'm not
familliar with that..) and you know you have one, do buy a ticket for the baby
too.

Banty

Old April 23rd, 2004, 09:04 PM
Grill Master

oh give it a rest -- preventing the ear pain is quite simple --nurse the
baby on take off and landing

If she does, I hope the little parasite bites her.

Old April 24th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:43:30 -0500 in rec.travel.air, jenn
wrote:

it isn't for you to judge why this family needs to travel -- if my
babies hadn't traveled they would have never seen their grandparents --
a far more important value than your need to be the center of the
universe and have your every whim catered to and approve all other
passengers on any public transport you take

just do like i did and killfile the anti-kid idiots. saves your
stomach as well as your computer.