Kenya Safari September 2005

Old March 7th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Stephen Robertson

I take you're point. However in our situation we are going to very very
busy immediately before travelling to Kenya and am imagining that the
Safari part of the holiday might be tiring and seems to be on the move
a lot. We quite liked the idea of a couple of days peace doing nothing
much at all, somewhere warmer than Scotland in September!

Stephen.

Old March 7th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Dave B

Liz wrote:

Hi, Dave -

Can you remember what company they were using for ground arrangements in
Kenya? I know they've changed since I was there.

Slainte

Liz (Just being nosey)

Hi Liz,

At the moment I can't remember. I assume that it would say on the side
of the mini-buses? I will check some photos when I get in tonight. Oh
good a reason to look at the photos again......!!? :-)

Cheers

Dave

Old March 7th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Rita Daggett

(delete nospam for reply)
"Stephen Robertson" wrote in message
oups.com...
I take you're point. However in our situation we are going to very very
busy immediately before travelling to Kenya and am imagining that the
Safari part of the holiday might be tiring and seems to be on the move
a lot. We quite liked the idea of a couple of days peace doing nothing
much at all, somewhere warmer than Scotland in September!

I agree! I know the safari enthusiasts decry the beach ending (and now we
are 'more experienced' safari-ists we dont worry so much about a rest at the
end! (or beginning)) but for my first few trips, I found the safari part
quite tiring and it felt more like a 'holiday' having some days to relax
near the sea at the end - and to mull over the things we'd seen and done.
(actually my ideal itinerary at the time would have been 2 days at the beach
at the beginning to get over the jet-lag/travelling and 3 days at the end.
We still try to arrange it that we have a night near our arrival airport at
the beginning, rather than setting off on safari straight away, and again at
the end to avoid worries about missing the flight).
--
Rita Daggett

Old March 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Liz

In message .com
"Stephen Robertson" wrote:

I take you're point. However in our situation we are going to very very
busy immediately before travelling to Kenya and am imagining that the
Safari part of the holiday might be tiring and seems to be on the move
a lot.

Shouldn't be too tiring, as in alostt all 'brochure safaris', when you're in
a lodge you have a drive before breakfast and a lot of 'free time' before
your late afternoon drive. You can sunbathe by the pool, if you like!

We quite liked the idea of a couple of days peace doing nothing
much at all, somewhere warmer than Scotland in September!

What *could* you be implying???!

Slainte

Liz

--
Virtual Liz now at http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos
Old March 8th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Rita Daggett

"Liz"

Shouldn't be too tiring, as in alostt all 'brochure safaris', when you're

in
a lodge you have a drive before breakfast and a lot of 'free time' before
your late afternoon drive. You can sunbathe by the pool, if you like!

It was the driving from place to place I found tiring; we've now 'converted'
to trying to do most of that by air.
And the early mornings (I sometimes say to myself as I drag myself out of
bed at some unearthly hour 'I'd never do this at home; why am I doing it on
holiday?' - but I know its worth it!

--
Rita Daggett