Madagascar travelogue + photos

Old August 17th, 2005, 10:54 AM
DylanL

Default Madagascar travelogue + photos

I've travelled twice to this fabulous island recently and made a
collection of my experiences and photos,
http://www.ucpzone.com/madagascar/en/

From there you can also visit my 2005 photosite which contains over 300

photos!

Regards
DylanL

Old August 19th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Geir Ertzgaard

On 2005-08-17 11:54:00 +0200, "DylanL" said:

I've travelled twice to this fabulous island recently and made a
collection of my experiences and photos,
http://www.ucpzone.com/madagascar/en/

From there you can also visit my 2005 photosite which contains over 300

photos!

Regards
DylanL

Really beautiful photos and enjoyable text. Recommended!
From one who's been there.
--
Geir Ertzgaard
http://www.ertzgaard.net

Old August 20th, 2005, 12:17 PM
M.J.T. Bremen

One of the best sites I've seen in a while. We would would like to travel
the route you took. I read about some individual packages on Vamanos Travel.
Did you organize it with Vamanos? We have quite some Africa 4x4 experiences.
What would you recommend. Self-drive or car with driver?
Keep on travelling!

Mark, Sittard - Holland
http://members.home.nl/m.bremen

"Geir Ertzgaard" geirertz-nospam ęt mac.com schreef in bericht

Old August 22nd, 2005, 06:55 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

On 17 Aug 2005 02:54:00 -0700, "DylanL"
wrote:

I've travelled twice to this fabulous island recently and made a
collection of my experiences and photos,
http://www.ucpzone.com/madagascar/en/

Dylan,

impressive! Thank you very much.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
Old September 11th, 2005, 09:05 PM
acjc

DylanL wrote:
I've travelled twice to this fabulous island recently and made a
collection of my experiences and photos,
http://www.ucpzone.com/madagascar/en/

Nice pictures and words, Dylan.

I've been recently also, to the North of Madagascar. A short account
and a few photos are, for anyone who is interested, at
http://www.chong.dsl.pipex.com/mad/mad1.htm

Old September 12th, 2005, 10:02 PM
JohnM

In article .com, acjc
writes
DylanL wrote:
I've travelled twice to this fabulous island recently and made a
collection of my experiences and photos,
http://www.ucpzone.com/madagascar/en/

Nice pictures and words, Dylan.

I've been recently also, to the North of Madagascar. A short account
and a few photos are, for anyone who is interested, at
http://www.chong.dsl.pipex.com/mad/mad1.htm

Oh, you went via Explore? What did you think - and why didn't you go to
the south? I thought their 4-week trip included the south.

And, having been there, how easy is it for a solo independent traveller
to move about?

--
JohnM
Old September 13th, 2005, 04:59 PM
acjc

I thought the trip was excellent. The trip south is a different one,
which I didn't choose to go on, as my impression is that it is more on
the well-trodden tourist trail, especially in August.

Some people on the trip travelled independently before and after the
Explore part, and they said the roads can be pretty bad, and it can
take a lot of time waiting around for the taxi brousses to particular
destinations, though you could take internal flights instead. So it's
possible if you have the time.

Old September 13th, 2005, 09:41 PM
JohnM

In article .com, acjc
writes
I thought the trip was excellent. The trip south is a different one,
which I didn't choose to go on, as my impression is that it is more on
the well-trodden tourist trail, especially in August.

Can you combine them?

Some people on the trip travelled independently before and after the
Explore part, and they said the roads can be pretty bad, and it can
take a lot of time waiting around for the taxi brousses to particular
destinations, though you could take internal flights instead. So it's
possible if you have the time.

And how safe is it? And cheap/expensive?

--
JohnM
Old September 15th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Aaron the Aardvark

Some beautiful photos there, Dylan... definitely somewhere I want to
visit one day. Has been for a while.

Aaron
--
Travel forums - http://www.aardvarktravel.net/chat