Two days in Tokyo. Advice please!

Old May 7th, 2010, 11:19 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Spencer

Default Two days in Tokyo. Advice please!

Hi, I am an elderly, but mobile person who will be returning to Tokyo
for two full days in September and would appreciate comments and advice
on my proposed sightseeing. My hotel is in the Shinjuku district.
Tuesday: Marunouchi line to Otemachi and a visit to the Imperial Palace
gardens. Then from Otemachi by Hanzumon line to Kiyosumi-Shirakawa and
change to Toei-Odeo line to Ryokoku and after a visit to the Odeo
museum, return to Shinjuku on the same line.
Wednesday: From Shinjuku, Toeei-Odeo line to Shiodome and change to
Yurikamome line to Fune-No-Kagakuka and visits to the Museum of Maritime
Sciences and the National Museum of Emerging Science. Now here is where
I am unsure! Can I go from the museum district on Odaiba by boat to
Asakusa? If so would like to do this and then return to Shinjuku on the
Ginza & Marunouchi lines.
Any comments, suggestions or advice will be appreciated. As you cansee,
I like museums!
Thanks
Spencer

Old May 8th, 2010, 08:48 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , Spencer says...
Can I go from the museum district on Odaiba by boat to
Asakusa?

Not sure if there is a boat, but the simple way would be to take the
monorail until Shibashi and from there continue by underground to
Asakusa.
--

Alfred Molon
Old May 8th, 2010, 02:01 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

http://tinyurl.com/377jgee
"This water bus line connects the "Odaiba Shore Park" and Asakusa. The
ship was designed by Reiji Matsumoto, the father of Japanese animation
and known ..."‎ sunnypages.jp‎
Old May 8th, 2010, 02:08 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

http://www.suijobus.co.jp/cruise/index.html
http://tinyurl.com/2vrowry
Old May 8th, 2010, 08:56 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Steve Cain

This may be handy. http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/tokyo_free.html
When you said return to Tokyo I take it you've been before and possibly this
link is unnecessary.
Good luck, s

Old May 9th, 2010, 07:43 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Spencer

Hi
Many thanks for the comment re my Tokyo visit. You have been most helpful.
Cheers
Spencer

Old May 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article 0576d1f8-edc5-4fb7-8842-653ce9c1332c@
37g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, says...
http://tinyurl.com/377jgee
"This water bus line connects the "Odaiba Shore Park" and Asakusa. The
ship was designed by Reiji Matsumoto, the father of Japanese animation
and known ..."? sunnypages.jp?

Interesting. Is it faster than the monorail+underground?
--

Alfred Molon
Old May 10th, 2010, 08:59 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Bob Myers

On 5/7/2010 4:19 PM, Spencer wrote:
[...]

Spencer, is that you? :-) Long time no talk!

You can e-mail me at the old address, if so - would love to talk more
about your upcoming Tokyo trip. I was last there myself in October.

As you've heard already, there IS a "water bus" (actually, a couple
of them) from Odaiba back to "mainland Tokyo", but I can't tell you
much more than that as I've never taken them. The Rinkai and Yuriakamome
lines were always more convenient for me, esp. since the times I've been
out to Odaiba, I was actually staying there in order to attend
conferences at the Tokyo Big Sight convention center. (The Grand
Pacific is a pretty nice hotel.)

There's a pass avaiable which covers the Rinkai and Yurikamome
lines AND the water bus; see:

http://yurikamome.co.jp/english/index.php

Have a great trip; hope to hear about it when you get back.

Bob M.

Old June 21st, 2010, 04:18 AM
BlackEyes BlackEyes is offline
Banned

you seemed to have covered the whole schedule pretty well already. For your question about Odaiba, there are actually several ferries that will take you there from Asakusa, so you can try catching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Myers View Post