Learn to ride a horse.

Old March 30th, 2004, 02:19 PM
F.Serralta

Default Learn to ride a horse.

Where in the world could I go to learn to ride a horse???
I have 30 days and I would like to mix tourism and learn to ride a horse.
I thought in Mongolia but there's no flight tikets to go in July so I must
look for another place to go.
Any idea??
Is it possible in Egypt?
Somewhere in South or central America??
What about Asia? Africa?

Old March 30th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Ruth

Calgary Alberta or the British Columbia interior in Canada have numerous and
I do mean
numerous "learn to ride a horse" vacations. They are some times called
"dude" ranches. I'm sure they have loads in the US as well. They have
various options such as living at the ranch and taking riding lessons among
other activities to multi-day guided trail rides for rank beginners.

Old March 30th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Scott Elliot

My daughter was brought up in the interior of British Columbia and learned
to ride here at a very young age. As mentioned there are riding stables
that will teach you in many, many locations.

Two years ago she did some riding while touring the Garden Route in South
Africa. I don't think she had any trouble finding a place, although she was
not impressed with the sluggish horse she got. That could be good for a
learner though.

This winter she is travelling in South America. I think she has done some
horse riding in both Argentina and Brazil. Currently she is visiting the
Pampas in Bolivia and I wouldn't be surprised to hear she was riding there
too.

In short, there are many places all over the world where you can learn to
rid a horse.

Scott Elliot
http://www3.telus.net/selliot/

Old March 30th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Owain

"F.Serralta" wrote
| Where in the world could I go to learn to ride a horse???

Almost anywhere there are horses :-)

Which languages do you speak? Unlike ski-ing, which is more international
because many locations do not have snow, horse-riding appeals more to
locals.

Google for equestrian, pony trekking, ranch and similar keywords.

Owain

Old March 30th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Peter L

"F.Serralta" wrote in message
Where in the world could I go to learn to ride a horse???
I have 30 days and I would like to mix tourism and learn to ride a horse.
I thought in Mongolia but there's no flight tikets to go in July so I must
look for another place to go.
Any idea??
Is it possible in Egypt?
Somewhere in South or central America??
What about Asia? Africa?

Where are you now? Why did you leave out North America or Europe?

Old March 30th, 2004, 09:06 PM
USC

Where in the world could I go to learn to ride a horse???
What about Asia? Africa?

I didn't 'learn' much, but my first time on a horse was on the beach
at Cha-am, on the western seaboard of the Gulf of Thailand. I'm sure
there are plenty of other beaches in Thailand that offer horse rides,
though I wouldn't expect to receive much in the way of structured
training, per se. I thought the elephant riding I did southwest of
Chiang Mai (Thailand) was more interesting/exotic than the horse
riding.

USC
Old March 31st, 2004, 05:14 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

"F.Serralta" wrote:

Where in the world could I go to learn to ride a horse???
I have 30 days and I would like to mix tourism and learn to ride a horse.
I thought in Mongolia but there's no flight tikets to go in July so I must
look for another place to go.
Any idea??
Is it possible in Egypt?
Somewhere in South or central America??
What about Asia? Africa?

What about a riding stable in your home town? Horseback riding is not
an inexpensive hobby, but it certainly would be cheaper to learn at home
than to travel long distances to learn in a foreign country!

Old April 7th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Bjorn Viaene

Maybe U can try it in Belgium - Europe
http://www.dekust.org/EN/visitor/tou.../horse_riders/