SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

Old July 28th, 2006, 04:18 AM posted to soc.culture.south-africa.afrikaans,soc.culture.south-africa,soc.culture.african,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
Bob Dubery

Default SOUTH AFRICA : CRIME EXPOSED

Jim Again... wrote:
As you all know by now, Mr Neil Watson's Website
was hijacked (Hacked).

This Website is now registered in the U.S.

Here is the new Web Address :

Interestingly the site moved hosts on the 26th of this week.

Old July 28th, 2006, 04:21 AM posted to soc.culture.south-africa.afrikaans,soc.culture.south-africa,soc.culture.african,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.misc
Bob Dubery

Jim Again... wrote:
As you all know by now, Mr Neil Watson's Website
was hijacked (Hacked).

This Website is now registered in the U.S.

Here is the new Web Address :

http://www.crimexposouthafrica.org.

Sad but true.

It's when web sites start claiming to tell the "truth" about SA that I
start getting suspicious. Africancrisis.org, censorbugbear.com,
africathetruth.com etc all claim to tell the "truth" but their original
content is totally unsubstantiable and usually deeply racist.

Old July 28th, 2006, 08:21 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

Bob, you hit the nail on the head. These sites are repulsive.

Old July 31st, 2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

The following is an extract from News24.com which I think explains a
lot about farm killings:

QUOTE
'I want a white policeman'
26/07/2006 11:07 - (SA)
Johannesburg - Farmers in Mpumalanga should work with policemen,
regardless of their colour, to stop farm killings in the province,
police said on Tuesday evening.
A few incidents of black officers being chased away by farmers when
trying to investigate the crimes had been reported, said
Superintendent Botsotso Moukangwe of the Middelburg serious and
violent crimes unit.
"Last week some farmers told black officers sent to Marble Hall and
Volkrust that they wanted white policemen and chased them away,
despite identifying themselves," said Moukangwe.
The farmers refused to speak to the officers, saying they were
"waiting for white policemen".
He said the farmers only spoke to police after he sent a white
officer.
"Unfortunately we do not have a thousand white policemen to
investigate these cases as they would prefer.
"They should just learn to work with every police officer to fight the
crimes," Moukangwe said, adding that not all blacks attacked farmers.
He said it had become common there for officers to be chased away in
that fashion.
"About seven" people have been arrested in connection with a number of
farm attacks in different parts of Mpumalanga, Captain Leonard Hlathi
said earlier.
More arrests are expected, he said.
END QUOTE

If I were a black policeman (or perhaps, a farm employee on one of
these farms) I might feel little inclination to resist the temptation
to attack one of these farmers. I'm not, for one second, condoning ANY
farm attack. I'm simply explaining them.

The hysteria around farm killings, and the sites that propagate this
hysteria are largely racially motivated.

Marc

Old May 29th, 2007, 05:02 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

Sorry to re-hash a year-old thread, but it looks like the nutcase Mr.
Watson is at it again, this time pretending to be a Bloemfontein
rent-boy called Skye and "exposing" his client lists including
sportsmen, politicians, entertainers and a clergyman.

If the "Skye" blog is indeed the work of Watson/Thompson/Uys, then I'm
afraid it kinda puts a bit of a question as to the intergity of the
Crimexposouthafrica site.

Marc

On 18 Jul 2006 16:27:59 -0700, "Jim Again..."
wrote:

Dear Reader

Here are the links to those much-talked-about
Crime Reporting Websites :

http://www.crimexposouthafrica.co.za

http://www.southafricaiscrap.blogspot.com

http://deathofjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Sad, but true !

Greetings

Jim

Old June 6th, 2007, 11:40 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Corne

"Marc Lurie" wrote in message
Sorry to re-hash a year-old thread, but it looks like the nutcase Mr.
Watson is at it again, this time pretending to be a Bloemfontein
rent-boy called Skye and "exposing" his client lists including
sportsmen, politicians, entertainers and a clergyman.

This kind of attitude mr. Lurie, is exactly what South Africans do not need
in their stuggle against crime!

Shame on you!!

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Old June 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

Corne, I'm really confused by your post. What "kind of attitude" was I
displaying?

Someone on this NG posted links to Watson's crackpot website a while
back. I was flamed for doubting the legitimacy of the website.

It now transpires that Watson is quite clearly a nutcase, and I would
think that any rational person should never rely on anything coming
from Watson to be the truth.

Just because Watsons CESA website contained SOME truths, it must still
be viewed as the work of a very sick person. I have no doubt that many
of Hitlers speeches contained SOME truths, but one can hardly say that
Hitlers policies were therefore valid.

By the way, Watsons racism and hate speech (not to mention his
attempted extortion in the "Skye" blog) are criminal acts in
themselves, and as such, he's actually CONTRIBUTED to crime.

Corne, you're not an idiot. You're in the tourism trade and you know
that you contribute to the country. How on earth will Watsons call to
embargo tourism in SA help lower the crime levels? If anything, crime
and poverty will INCREASE if we don't get tourists.

When last did you advise one of your clients NOT to come here? When
last did you tell one of your clients that she WILL get killed or
raped if they come here? This is what Watson was suggesting was needed
to stop crime.

You know my feelings about crime. I despise crime in all forms, and I
would love nothing better than to see crime wiped out in my country,
so I'm not to sure what "kind of attitude" I have that makes you think
differently, or are you just being pugnacious?

Marc.

BTW, I still haven't received the letter from your lawyer. Perhaps you
need a more efficient lawyer ;-0

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:40:06 +0200, Corné
wrote:

.. .

Old June 6th, 2007, 06:42 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Corne

"Marc Lurie" wrote in message
Corne, I'm really confused by your post. What "kind of attitude" was I
displaying?

Arrogancy against all victims of crime in SA?

Corne, you're not an idiot. You're in the tourism trade and you know
that you contribute to the country. How on earth will Watsons call to
embargo tourism in SA help lower the crime levels? If anything, crime
and poverty will INCREASE if we don't get tourists.

I didn't see Watsons call, just Jim's post with 3 hyperlinks.

You know my feelings about crime. I despise crime in all forms, and I
would love nothing better than to see crime wiped out in my country,
so I'm not to sure what "kind of attitude" I have that makes you think
differently, or are you just being pugnacious?

I just got the impression that you are one of those guys who cannot stand
any criticisme about SA.

BTW, I still haven't received the letter from your lawyer. Perhaps you
need a more efficient lawyer ;-0

Excuse me... ? Missing the point here.

Well Marc, we do agree that we both despise crime but the ways how to
achieve that differs apparantly. See my website about crime.

Best regards, no hard feelings!

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Old June 7th, 2007, 08:00 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 19:42:55 +0200, Corné
wrote:

Arrogancy against all victims of crime in SA?

I fail to see how I exhibit arrogance towards all victims of crime by
questioning the integrity of a man who appears to be deeply disturbed.
If you've read the news recently, a man walked into the Pretoria News
offices and held 8 staff hostages at gunpoint, threatening to kill
them. He claims he did it because he was sick and tired of crime. Now,
if you think that me criticising the man shows arrogance towards
victims of crime, then you really need to re-evaluate your value
system.

I'm also sick and tired of crime, but I don't protest against it by
breaking the law, by taking hostages, or by setting up racist and
inflamatory websites.

I didn't see Watsons call, just Jim's post with 3 hyperlinks.

So, in other words, you argued with me about a website that you didn't
even look at???

I just got the impression that you are one of those guys who cannot stand
any criticisme about SA.

I absolutely WELCOME and INVITE criticism of South Africa, but only as
long as it is constructive criticism.

Criticism, if it is intended to point out weaknesses and IMPROVE the
country is vital.

Criticism, if it is intended to sow discord, spread dangerous and
dishonest rumours, and DAMAGE the country, is abhorent and should be
countered.

BTW, I still haven't received the letter from your lawyer. Perhaps you
need a more efficient lawyer ;-0

Excuse me... ? Missing the point here.

You asked me for my address a while back so that you could get sue me
for defamation. I posted my address, but I've never been sued. Do you
actually intend sueing or not?

Well Marc, we do agree that we both despise crime but the ways how to
achieve that differs apparantly. See my website about crime.

I fail to see how you can say that you despise crime, but in previous
posts to this NG you effectively sanction the paying of bribes to
officials.

Best regards, no hard feelings!

It is difficult not to harbour hard feelings against someone who has
threatened to sue you.

Marc
Old June 7th, 2007, 04:11 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Corne

Best regards, no hard feelings!

It is difficult not to harbour hard feelings against someone who has
threatened to sue you.

Try Marc, try! If we can make the difference...

Regards,

Corné.

www.amukela.com