Houston-airport and hotel help?

Old September 18th, 2003, 11:00 PM
nullann void

Default Houston-airport and hotel help?

I've booked a NCL Sea cruise in March out of Houston. I need help with hotel
choices for pre cruise night and airport transportation. Any suggestions
would greatly help. Thanks

Old September 19th, 2003, 03:40 AM
D Ball

The Port of Houston has a pretty good map + other helpful information on their
website now:
http://www.portofhouston.com/cruisei...eterminal.html

Do you know which airport you are flying into? There are two, Bush Intercontinental
(IAH) and Hobby (HOU). Will you fly in with the time and desire to do something
in Houston or do you just want to arrive, crash in a hotel and go to the
port the next day? Your choices depend on your answers to these questions....

Note that there are no hotels near the port. The port is situated in an industrial
port set away from civilization. You may wish to stay in an airport hotel
so you can utilize the easy transportation (cab or other service) from the
hotel to the port. If you arrive with the time and interest in exploring,
I think you'd enjoy yourself more staying in/near downtown Houston. There
are some good hotel options in all price ranges. In March, it's possible
that the Texas Livestock Show & Rodeo will be in full swing, and that's a
huge, fascinating and fun event, I'd highly recommend it. We actually have
culture here, too. ;o There's opera, symphony, ballet, some pretty great
museum collections...downtown has a lively music scene.

If you let us know more about your plans, we can give you some better pointers.

Diana Ball
Near Houston, TX
http://www.dianaball.net

NCL Sea – W Carib - Holidays 99
RCI Explorer – E Carib - Holidays 00
RCI Rhapsody – W Carib - Holidays 01 (back-to-back)
NCL Star – Hawaii - June 02
Dawn Princess – Alaska - July 02
Star Princess – Mex Riviera - Holidays 02
RCI Serenade – Transatlantic – Maiden 08/04/03
RCI Mariner – E Carib - Holidays 03

Old September 19th, 2003, 01:29 PM
@&@

We took this cruise a couple of years ago. We stayed at the Sheraton
a few miles from the Bush airport. We had to pay over $65 for the cab
ride. (at least a 45 minute trip)
On the way back we took NCL' s bus for $30 total for the two of us.
Find out what hotel NCL has for precruise nights and try to stay there
and get their transfers. Or get the transfers from NCL and just go
back to the airport.

Old May 8th, 2012, 10:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Friday, September 19, 2003 3:00:15 AM UTC+5, nullann void wrote:
I've booked a NCL Sea cruise in March out of Houston. I need help with hotel
choices for pre cruise night and airport transportation. Any suggestions
would greatly help. Thanks

Houston Airport Transportation provides outstanding 24-hour airport car service in Houston. Houston Airport Transportation provides very good and unique service of town car and limo service.

Read more www.airporttaxitxs.com