GGC2001 ANNOUNCED

Old March 3rd, 2010, 08:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mary Foster

Default GGC2001 ANNOUNCED

As the outgoing Chairperson of GGC2010, it is my pleasure to
announce that the GGC2011 cruise has been chosen.
It is George Leppla's Valentines Day cruise on the Celebrity
Eclipse, and details can be found at
http://www.cruisemaster.com/eclipse.htm and it is already a popular
cruise. If you have not yet booked, please don't delay, for he has a
special deal that expires on March 23. You won't want to miss it.
A Chairperson has been found, to be announced at a later date, and
will need volunteers for the Committee. Think about it, and after the
Chairperson has been announced, you can apply directly by email if you
are interested in being a part of the GGC for 2011.
Thank you for all your support and encouragement, and for being a
wonderful group of friends and friend-to-be.

Mary Foster aka Mary (WA) aka Queen Mary

Old March 4th, 2010, 12:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Island Grampa

Hi Mary

OOPS! Check your Subject line. :-)

Tobieon an Island in the Pacific

Old March 5th, 2010, 06:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Gen wrote:
What is GGC? Is it a private group?
Gen

The GGC means Great Group Cruise. In 1996, the cruise nuts in this
newsgroup decided that we wanted to cruise together. We had never met
each other, and we lived all over the US and Canada. One young man,
Chris, who lived in Canada, wanted to get married on that cruise, so
their engagement lasted 18 months. :-)

We still cruise together once a year and we call it the GGC. We also do
other group cruises and anyone is welcome to join the group. We are
cruising on the Oasis in October with over 200 people booked. Sue
Whitfield is doing the Carnival Valor on December 5th, 2010. Cal Ford
is doing a Transatlantic on the Oceania Marina on November 24, 2011.
These are the cruises that I know about; I'm sure there are other group
cruises, but if they are not posted, then I haven't heard about them.

Becca