Artifical Knee and International Travel

Old June 15th, 2007, 11:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air
jtc

Default Artifical Knee and International Travel

I have an International trip in late August...
MSPNY(JFK)via NWAPisa via Delta
Rome(FCO) ViennaZurich via Air Berlin
Milan(Malpensa)AmsterdamDulles via KLM/NWA and on into MSP via NWA
I have travelled many times in the USA with this artificial knee and
am always considered "aftermarket accessory material" with the usual
wanding and pat down drill.
What I am wondering is how will that differ in these International
Cities...I have the card provided by my medical doctor, that no USA
/TSA are remotely interested in...will that be necessary to have with
me internationally?
Any help appreciated.
thanks

--
jtc

Old June 16th, 2007, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff Hacker

"jtc" wrote in message
I have an International trip in late August...
MSPNY(JFK)via NWAPisa via Delta
Rome(FCO) ViennaZurich via Air Berlin
Milan(Malpensa)AmsterdamDulles via KLM/NWA and on into MSP via NWA
I have travelled many times in the USA with this artificial knee and am
always considered "aftermarket accessory material" with the usual wanding
and pat down drill.
What I am wondering is how will that differ in these International
Cities...I have the card provided by my medical doctor, that no USA /TSA
are remotely interested in...will that be necessary to have with me
internationally?
Any help appreciated.
thanks

--
jtc

I've got an artificial hip, and, like you, nobody in the U.S. ever wants to
see my ID card. But internationally, it is just about the same. If you're
lucky, you won't set off a metal detector, but if it goes off, you'll be a
training exercise and get the full treatment :-(

Jeff