Carnival LEgend

Old April 4th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Tom & Linda

Default Carnival LEgend--Tom K.

Not at all... I'm having a lot of fun.

To all the people who love Carnival... who have never even gone on another
line, who own Carnival stock, who tell everyone (who they most likely know
nothing about) that they'll absolutely love Carnival... I'm their toothache.
With a big smile.

I'm not even close to exploding. I'm the flip side of that.

Every time someone says how great Carnival is without qualifying what it
might mean in terms of the other person's likes or dislikes... I'm the other
side of the balance. I offer the other perspective... so that the other
people can see both sides. Then they can decide.

The person asked my opinion. I gave it. And I qualified it based on things
important to me. I didn't just say "you'll love it, it's great", or "you'll
hate it, it's lousy".

Not everyone has to like a ship full of urns. Or pink copper colored
corrugated sheet metal all over a ship. Or whatever other dizzying designs
Farcus comes up with.

And I didn't say that there aren't people sunning by the pool on any ship.
What I said was that's not my thing. I hate sunning by a pool. With my
fair skin, that's asking for skin cancer. When I'm on a ship, I'm trying to
find as much shade as I can. So if pool games are important, or sunning is
important... a person should place a higher priority on those kinds of
things than what I do. And you're right. Princess has them. Celebrity has
them. RCI has them. NCL has them. Everybody does. But those are not
things I look for as important. If I was a pool games person... then I'd
look to see who has the best. If I was an entertainment junkie, I'd look to
see who has the best entertainment. If I was a sunning by the pool person,
then a huge pool deck area like Destiny had would be a big attraction to me.
What I tried to show is at least a basis for my perspective. Because other
people will have different reasons that one line vs. another might be a
better fit.

If you love pool games, sunning by the pool, the nightly shows, the distinct
ive Farcus type interiors, then you're reasons for picking a ship are
drastically different than mine.

--Tom

"Linsifer" wrote in message
Tom, I have a question. When you're typing all your complaints about

Carnival,
is your face beet red and do you feel like you just want to EXPLODE???!!!
That's the visual I get when I picture you hammering away at the keyboard

yet
AGAIN about your unsatisfactory cruise on Carnival Destiny.

~Lindsay --------------- who remembers well the pool games and sunning by

the
pool on both of my Princess cruises. I also saw some ecclectic t-shirts on
Princess, as well as less-than-perfect food served.

Tom wrote:

Might not be able to help you this time. I just don't see me going on
Carnival again. All the other cruise lines would have to go out of

business
first. And even then I probably wouldn't go.

I guess what I'm saying... my opinion is don't bother with Carnival.

Unless
you think that Carnival would be a good fit for you. There are many

people
who love Carnival. But it's just not a good fit for me.

Even if they want to tell me that the food on the Spirit class ships is
better than on the other ships... there just isn't much about the Carnival
experience that appeals to me. I hate the announcements, and they've got

lot of announcements. I hate loud, obnoxious cruise directors - I

couldn't
stand John Heald. I don't care for entertainment on any ship - so the
concept of Carnival having the best entertainment does absolutely nothing
for me. I hate pool games. I hate sitting around a pool sunning. I hate
dirty ships. I hate crowded ships (like Destiny). I hate poor service

(our
cabin steward on Destiny was so lazy that he gave our daughter the key to
lower the upper bed rather than do it himself - it worked electrically).

hated the ugly interiors. I don't care for people wearing "Suck This"
T-shirts. And I though the food was the worst of my 30 or so cruises (so
maybe Spirit class food is better). That was my take-away from the

Destiny.

The whole concept of Carnival just doesn't appeal to me. Based on what I
like. That's my opinion.

--Tom

Old April 4th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Charles

In article , Linsifer
wrote:

Tom, I have a question. When you're typing all your complaints about Carnival,
is your face beet red and do you feel like you just want to EXPLODE???!!!
That's the visual I get when I picture you hammering away at the keyboard yet
AGAIN about your unsatisfactory cruise on Carnival Destiny.

I visulize the opposite. Tom relaxing at the keyboard thinking about
how to annoy Carnival fans and make *them* want to *explode*.

--
Charles
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Tom & Linda

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Linsifer
wrote:

Tom, I have a question. When you're typing all your complaints about

Carnival,
is your face beet red and do you feel like you just want to

EXPLODE???!!!
That's the visual I get when I picture you hammering away at the

keyboard yet
AGAIN about your unsatisfactory cruise on Carnival Destiny.

I visulize the opposite. Tom relaxing at the keyboard

Yep.

thinking about
how to annoy Carnival fans and make *them* want to *explode*.

Only when the start saying how much a person will like Carnival when they
know nothing about the person.

Or when they start bragging about how great Carnival's food while that only
applies to 4 ships out of the 20+ ship fleet. What about the poor buggers
who book all the old ships based on those same glowing recommendations?

That's when I chime in.

Sure, many people love Carnival. But they love it because it's a good fit
for them. However, it's not a good fit for everyone.

--Tom

--
Charles

Old April 4th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Jim

Default Carnival LEgend

Center Aft Portside Judy at table 154 right at the window. I know that I
wore mine and those around us mostly wore tuxes with the rest in suits. Wish
I knew you were there as we would have said hi!
Jim

"Judy" wrote in message

Jim wrote:
....We were also in the main seating and I wore my tux and noticed
that there were at least a half dozen others in my immediate area,

(towards
the rear of the dining room), also wearing tuxes. The ladies at our

table,
and those close by were all dress accordingly as well.....

We were also towards the rear of the dining room, table 165 on the
starboard side. You must have been on the port side, as nobody in our
vicinity bothered to dress and one gentleman(?) even wore shorts to
dinner, although not on formal night.

Old April 4th, 2004, 08:23 PM
BRENTSTELL

I sailed the Legend
March 20, 2004.

I was one of the leaders in charge of the Parrotheads fund raiser cruise for
Breast Cancer Research.

They raised over $ 20,000.

A group of Great People.

Most of the Parrotheads were dressed for formal night. And also their Toga
night.

One heck of a cruise.

I also sailed the Spirit to the southern Caribbean last March, Weather was
great.

You should love the cruise.

I have been on over 140 cruises.

Brent

Old April 4th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Badger

"CupCaked" wrote in message

Then, there's the folks who will come forward shortly (you can bet on
it) and say "Well, how do YOU know? You've never been on a Carnival
cruise!" True, but I don't think I'd like a leg amputated, yet I've
never done that, either . I think you see my point.

Karen

Poor analogy in my opinion.
I have never heard of anyone who prefers amputation to keeping a leg. I have
heard of people who have been on Carnival and preferred it to others.
Also, if you personally have no frame of reference you can't make a valid
decision. Your frame of reference however can be others whose opinions are
similar to your own on other things.

Clay

Old April 4th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Tom & Linda

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Or when they start bragging about how great Carnival's food while that

only
applies to 4 ships out of the 20+ ship fleet. What about the poor

buggers
who book all the old ships based on those same glowing recommendations?

Most of the glowing recommendations I see are for the newer ships.

Right. So unless they get rid of the old ships, or make massive changes to
the old ships, it can't be a fleet wide recommendation.

Though I think what we each did, by going to the newest ship at the time (me
on Destiny back then, and you on a Spirit class now) gives it the best
chance of being successful. In my case it wasn't... maybe you'll be
luckier.

--Tom

Old April 4th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Charles

In article , Tom &
Linda wrote:

Or when they start bragging about how great Carnival's food while that only
applies to 4 ships out of the 20+ ship fleet. What about the poor buggers
who book all the old ships based on those same glowing recommendations?

Most of the glowing recommendations I see are for the newer ships.

Sure, many people love Carnival. But they love it because it's a good fit
for them. However, it's not a good fit for everyone.

Surely it is not for everyone and obviously not for you. I don't agree
with those are trying to convince you to Carnival it another try. Also
I think frame of mind is also important as well as "fit". You would
have to have a change of frame of mind.

--
Charles
Old April 4th, 2004, 09:25 PM
clint

The cow loved the food on the Carnival(she also loves beefaroni!) haha
"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article , CupCaked
wrote:

Then, there's the folks who will come forward shortly (you can bet on
it) and say "Well, how do YOU know? You've never been on a Carnival
cruise!" True, but I don't think I'd like a leg amputated, yet I've
never done that, either . I think you see my point.

I think they have a point. That is how do you know if you have not
tried it. I don't think that means you MUST try it. Myself, I have not
tried it but I don't think it would be comparable to having a leg
amputated even if it turned out that I did not care for it. I think it
will be fun to experience Carnival even if I decide afterward never to
book Carnival agian. I do have a booking on the Carnival Miracle and I
think it is a good choice for checking out Carnival. And since I
already have an 11 day Celebrity cruise coming up and will probably
take another cruise or vacation too, I don't feel like all my vacation
time this year is staked on that one seven day Carnival cruise. If I
was limited in time and money this year I would probably stick with the
tried and true but since that is not the case I think this is a good
year to take the small risk and try Carnival.

--
Charles