Goober meets the Brass

Old September 24th, 2003, 01:23 PM
George Leppla

Default Goober meets the Brass

Monday night was Formal Night and I, Becca, Ray and Jan and Milt and
Arlene were invited to dine at the officer's table. We met the Staff
captain, Chief Engineer, Purser and Hotel Manager.

I sat next to the Engineer and had a great time. His background is in
power generation and he joined Carnival only 3 years ago. We had a
lot of fun telling him about the different ships and cruise lines.
All the officers were amazed that people in our groups met on the
internet and travel together frequently.

Natalia (the Purser) is from France and looked like she would have
rather been anywhere except at dinner. At one point we were talking
about pets and I mentioned that if I were to work on a ship, I would
miss the pets and critters a lot. WIth a dour look, Natalie replaied
that she "never really cared for animals" and never had a pet. Huh. I
never did fully trust anyone who doesn't like animals. vbg

On the Paradise, full place settings are on the table when you arrive.
Not a fish fork or fish knife in sight... but then, if a waiter ever
brought me a fish fork it would just mean that he didn't hear me when
I ordered Prime Rib. vbg

The food has been good... especailly in the dining room. I did have
Prime Rib on Formal night and it was perfect. Milt had the broiled
Salmon and said it was delicious... even if he didn't have a fish
fork. Buffet food is still pretty standard fare. The welcome aboard
lunch featured turkey at the carving station... one of my favorites.

I am sure you would have all been proud of us Goobers and Goobettes on
formal night. No one ate their peas with a knife and no one tucked
their napkins under their chin or wiped their face with the sleeve of
their shirt. Not one person "saucered and blowed" their coffee.
Goodness... you might even get the impression that we are all getting
civilized!

Yesterday we were in Belize and a bunch of us Goobers did the Cave
Tubing tour that we arranged through a private guide. (Thanks, Irv!)
What a GREAT TIME... but that story will have to wait until the next
Goober Report. We are in Roatan and it is time for a quick breakfast
and a trip tothe Beach!

George From PA... On the Paradise
Old September 24th, 2003, 02:05 PM
villa deauville

Enjoying your day by day posts George.
Wearing your napking tucked in under your chin is quite permissable
especially when one is chawin' on lobster.

SUNNY.........wants to know if their Lido buffet is as good as the
Pride

S'nd I

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:58 PM
BRENTSTELL

Sunny,
The lido food on the Pride and other Spirit ships is far better then on Fantasy
class ships. IMHO.

This year I have been on the Inspiration, Paridise, Spirit 2X and the Pride &
Fantasy
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:08 PM
villa deauville

Loved the deli station on the Pride.

SUNNY...........'s cholesteral went waaaay up on that cruise.

S'nd I

Old September 25th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Jomamaok13

We are in Roatan and it is time for a quick breakfast
and a trip tothe Beach!

George From PA... On the Paradise

Ah, memories of a wonderful ship. We sailed the Paradise when our Norway
cruise got cancelled and were very pleasantly surprised. The food (prime rib
for this carnivore) was phenomenal. The beach we went to at Roatan (Foster's)
was one of the nicest I've ever visited.

Jo ~ loves the Blue Lady but would sail the Paradise again in a heartbeat.
Does that make me a Goobette? :-)
Old September 26th, 2003, 05:46 AM
Barry Cunningham

Hey George,
Tell Natalia we said HI...all 30,000 of us lurking and listening...LOL

Barry Cunningham
http://www.skyscrapertours.com