Deep South

Old October 4th, 2003, 03:02 AM
clint

Default Deep South

Do you find Savannah safe for northerners?

Old October 4th, 2003, 03:15 AM
fishman

"clint" wrote in message
Do you find Savannah safe for northerners?

?? Safe from what? Mint juleps? Drawls? Friendliness?

Chris

Old October 4th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Carmen L. Abruzzi

in article , clint at
wrote on 10/3/03 7:02 PM:

Do you find Savannah safe for northerners?

just don't mention Sherman.
Or Mr. Peabody.

Old October 4th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Icono Clast

"clint" wrote
Do you find Savannah safe for northerners?

You might be able to draw conclusions from the "New(!) South" page at
the site at Right in the sig.
A San Franciscan who never says "No!" to an invitation to dance!
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old October 4th, 2003, 05:54 PM
Brian K

On 10/03/2003 10:02 PM clint while directing tourists to the Zazu Pits,
was inclined to say:

Do you find Savannah safe for northerners?

I am a New Jersey Shore yankee. I went to the Univ. of South Carolina
in Columbia, SC. I lived there for a number of years. Quite often, I
visited Savannah, Charleston, and Santee. My friends called me a
"Damnyankee" with a smile on their faces, strangers called me Sir. The
water in Savannah has gotten better over the years. It used to smell of
sulpher.

The most dangerous thing you might encounter is eating too much barbecue
or weight gain from too much pecan pie.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old October 6th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Jon Bell

In article ,
Carmen L. Abruzzi wrote:

in article , clint at
wrote on 10/3/03 7:02 PM:

Do you find Savannah safe for northerners?

just don't mention Sherman.

Don't mention him in Atlanta, either. Or in Columbia. Or in...

--
Jon Bell Presbyterian College
Old October 10th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Green Hill

Brian K wrote in message hlink.net...
On 10/03/2003 10:02 PM clint while directing tourists to the Zazu Pits,
was inclined to say:

Do you find Savannah safe for northerners?

Is Savannah really considered the deep south. Well it doesnt matter.
I live in Knoxville, TN, and I visit all over the south frequently. I
havent found Savannah to be any more dangerous than any other city of
comparable size. People have this idea in their head that because they
are quote yankees that the southerners are going to form a lynch mob
and attack them. Its not like that at all. Mostly everyone is pretty
nice I have found, maybe too nice at times, sure you have punks and
criminals but you have them everywhere. In some areas of the south I
have found traffic a little more hetic, and most of the towns are very
old. Dont mistake old with ghetto. A good part of Savannah is very
pretty and actually enjoyable. One piece of advice, dont announce you
are from the north unless asked. Im orginally from WI, and when i
moved here, i didnt walk around announcing i was a yankee. I was
polite and mostly everyone has been polite back. Dont say things like
back up north we did it this way, or something along those lines.
Anyway, yep most of the south is pretty safe, sure you have some areas
you might want to be careful, but thats all over the US. My question
is if your going to deal with crime anyway, you might as well have
nice weather .
Old October 10th, 2003, 05:48 PM
DKM

When you're at a nightspot on the riverfront, make sure your over-educated,
under-employed buddy doesn't make remarks about "how great the riverfront
area looks" and that he "can't even tell that they used to traffic in human
misery." It puts a real damper on an evening and gets you a lot of dirty
looks from locals. If possible, just ditch him at the hotel while he's
taking a shower or something.

:-p

Old October 12th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Green Hill

"clint" wrote in message
Do you find Savannah safe for northerners?

Or just avoid the riverfront at all costs. For it will be hard to meet
real locals there. Its a tourist trap, but there are alot of quote
hotspots that the tourists dont know about.(thank god)